Experts: Yen Trader

Yen Trader:

Expert Advisor to trade Yen Crosses based on Major Pairs and USDJPY divergence/convergence.

Yen Trader Inputs

Author: Khalil Abokwaik

Can this be tested using Strategy Tester MT4? I tried, it does not place orders.

untilisleep:
Can this be tested using Strategy Tester MT4? I tried, it does not place orders.

Yes, although it uses multiple pairs, it can be back tested using the strategy tester, because it does trade one pair (the pair selected in the strategy tester) while it reads data for other pairs. So it is OK it can be back tested.

You need to make sure that you are using the EXACT pair names as they appear in the "Market Watch".

untilisleep:

In addition to my reply above, you might need to losen the entry filters a bit.  So for example try using RSI alone, or set all indicators to false and only use the number of bars and MA ... etc.

Good luck 

I have downloaded the EA and setup on Yen Cross pairs of EUR,GBP,CAD,NZD,CHF,AUD on 1hour chart.

Settings as default.

EA is yet to trigger an Order.

Please advise if any changes to be made in settings for EA to trigger a trade.

thanks

Thank for EA, This EA can be run on Real Acc?

I BT 2016-2017 UsdJpy 1000$ > 170,000$

More information on this EA is available at Yen Trader @ Forex Factory

raghurp:

I have downloaded the EA and setup on Yen Cross pairs of EUR,GBP,CAD,NZD,CHF,AUD on 1hour chart.

Settings as default.

EA is yet to trigger an Order.

Please advise if any changes to be made in settings for EA to trigger a trade.

thanks

As per my continuous observations, the Yen Trader (and Cross Trader for that matter) are  "ungenerous", even when running on 14 pairs on M5 time frame.

Very few trades ...

This comes by nature, because we are looking for a correlation divergence which rarely happens (mainly on major moves).
I am stopping my self from testing in on M15/M1, with small TP, as a scalper, although very tempting. But I think the spread will kill it.

I am also still very interested in the complement of the cross trader idea, "the Majors Trader".
Where for example we trade EURUSD & USDJPY based on EURJPY movement.

If EURJPY is UP we buy both EURUSD & USDJPY. 

There is a bug in Trailing Stop Function on Sell Trades. Here is the fixed one. Added condition is highlighted.

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
void trail_stop()
  {
   double new_sl=0; bool OrderMod=false;
   trail_stop_pips=Trail_Stop_Pips;
   if(enable_atr)
     {
      trail_stop_pips=(int)((atr*ATR_TS)/Point);
     }
   if(trail_stop_pips==0) return;
   for(int i=0;i<OrdersTotal();i++)
     {
      if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)==false) break;
      if(OrderMagicNumber()==Magic_Number && OrderSymbol()==Symbol())
        {
         if(OrderType()==OP_BUY)
           {
            new_sl=0;
            if(MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_BID)-OrderOpenPrice()>trail_stop_pips*Point && (OrderOpenPrice()>OrderStopLoss() || OrderStopLoss()==0))
               new_sl=OrderOpenPrice()+Point;
            if(MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_BID)-OrderStopLoss()>(trail_stop_pips*Point+Trail_Stop_Jump_Pips*Point) && OrderStopLoss()>OrderOpenPrice())
               new_sl=MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_BID)-trail_stop_pips*Point;
            OrderMod=false;
            tries=0;

while(!OrderMod && tries<oper_max_tries && new_sl>0 && new_sl>OrderStopLoss())
              {
               OrderMod=OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),new_sl,OrderTakeProfit(),0,White);
               if(!OrderMod) err_num=GetLastError();
               if(err_num!=ERR_NO_ERROR) Print("Order SL Modify Error: ",ErrorDescription(err_num));

tries=tries+1;

}

}
         if(OrderType()==OP_SELL)
           {
            new_sl=0;
            if(OrderOpenPrice()-MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_ASK)>trail_stop_pips*Point && (OrderOpenPrice()<OrderStopLoss() || OrderStopLoss()==0))
               new_sl=OrderOpenPrice()-Point;
            if(OrderStopLoss()-MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_ASK)>trail_stop_pips*Point+Trail_Stop_Jump_Pips*Point && OrderStopLoss()<OrderOpenPrice())
               new_sl=MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_ASK)+trail_stop_pips*Point;
            OrderMod=false;
            tries=0;

while(!OrderMod && tries<oper_max_tries && new_sl>0 && (new_sl<OrderStopLoss()||OrderStopLoss()==0))
              {
               OrderMod=OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),new_sl,OrderTakeProfit(),0,White);
               if(!OrderMod) err_num=GetLastError();
               if(err_num!=ERR_NO_ERROR) Print("Order SL Modify Error: ",ErrorDescription(err_num));
               tries=tries+1;

}

}

}
     }
  }
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone inform me how to set the yen trader.

I open the charts AUDJPY,CHFJPY,NZDJPY,CADJPY,EURJPY ,GBPJYP on m5 timeframe

I put the yen trader on it with default settings Signal time frame 5 minutes

I also opened the usdjpy chart but didn't put the yen trader on it

Is this setup correct or do i need to put the yen trader also on the usdjpy chart? 

thanks, Sander 

Reason: