Fake MA cross on a higher timeframe (1H, 4H) (just a tick in)

Hi,

I am wandering how you traders manage MA fake cross as a signal for the trade. I have a fast MA crossing the slow MA but sometimes it just crosses and gives the trade signal but then soon after the price reverses and the MAs detaches. How to avoid this kind of fake signals.

Thank you

Are you sing those crosses on close bar?
If yes so you can filter false signals using the other indicators for example (filters).

--------------

Filters indicators - the thread.

Hi Sergey,

Not on close bars, I am using intracandle calculation, i,e, current candle since I am using 1H timeframe.

Thank you

Fonjacha:

Hi Sergey,

Not on close bars, I am using intracandle calculation, i,e, current candle since I am using 1H timeframe.

Thank you

Are you trading on open bar?
Open (current) bar is not formed yet, and that is why the crosses is not formed too ...
Some people are trading on scalping way (tick scalper) on open bar ...

If you want to filter false signals so it may be same filter - on open bar, or on close ticks (10 seconds, etc).

I am new to mql4 so on PRICE_CLOSE yes but the open bar is not cosed yet so it is still affecting the indicators. Ok I will try to implement the mentioned filters and will let you know.

Thank you very much for your help Sergey

Do you have any specific filter for RSI?

You should understand that all these signals are valid for the specified time, you can not call them fake.

How are you going to distinguish between real and fake ones ?

It's not possible, they are all real or they are all fake.

This is trading.

There is no way to filter out all fake ones and be left with the real ones.

I understand that in trading not everythig is picture perfect, but maybe the algo checking every 5minutes if the cross is still valid or not, or something like this.

Never mind. I just wandered if anyone figured it out how to do it better

Reason: