MetaTrader 4 Build 600 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 50

Ok so I am trying to do the right thing. Rather than be a rebel like a lot of people I am trying to fix my code. Even more than that. I am writing a script that will fix most compiler errors that weren't there before the update but now I have a new error. It's actually just a warning but I would like to fix it.

The code

MarketInfo(symbol, MODE_OPEN)

and the code

MarketInfo(symbol, MODE_CLOSE)

are both causing the error

improper enumerator cannot be used

What to do?

bfis108137:

Ok so I am trying to do the right thing. Rather than be a rebel like a lot of people I am trying to fix my code. Even more than that. I am writing a script that will fix most compiler errors that weren't there before the update but now I have a new error. It's actually just a warning but I would like to fix it.

The code

and the code

Use the proper enumerator, MODE_OPEN and MODE_CLOSE are not valid with MarketInfo()

Ovo:

I think he described it. He needs to avoid bugs. So a public tracker would help.

Exactly.

bfis108137:

The code

and the code

What to do?

just replace with something that works, such as -

int     startBar;
double  OpenPrice=iOpen(Symbol(),Period(),startBar);
double  ClosePrice =iClose(Symbol(), Period(),startBar);

angevoyageur:
Unfortunately not. If you explain you actual problem(s), we can try to help you.

StringToTime() still 'sometimes' returns unexpected output . I finally gave up and wrote a simple replacement function.

The issue is not these individual issues, it is the problem of issue discovery.

The paraphrase Ovo we require a 'Public "Bug" Tracker'

bfis108137:

What to do?

try to use proper identifiers https://docs.mql4.com/en/constants/environment_state/marketinfoconstants

Ovo:

I think he described it. He needs to avoid bugs. So a public tracker would help.
It's far beyond we can manage on this forum unfortunately. Such requests are for Metaquotes directly.

Rosh, any chance to get a "public bug tracker" ?

Dear Sirs,

The upgrade to 600 and above (604 in my case), has been nothing less than a nightmare of epic proportions.

I now discovered that the files written by the new Build (has lots of numbers in them) can be overwritten and add the name of my Broker in there, BUT when I do that and restart the Platform, it writes back another one of those long figures and ignores mine. One has to be very careful that you do not save your Templates in the wrong Folder. Why did you have to complicate things to such an extent? Surely not all traders are IT / Coding Engineers.

Be kind enough and help me to get my computer to run at normal CPU usage and tradeable. Have not been able to trade for 3 days now because the Memory goes to >240,000K and CPU to 48% almost immediately. It is futile to even want to open a second platform.

Please help at your very earliest convenience.

Thanking you most sincerely,

Hercs78:

Dear Sirs,

This is a User forum, so the vast majority of people that you are addressing are Users just like yourself. If you want to contact MetaQuotes then . . . . https://www.metaquotes.net/en/company/contacts or the Service Desk
Reason: