MetaTrader 4 Build 600 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 49

NoTomatoes:

Integration testing has to be done by the developer/user. You're absolutely right. But then they should have the possibility to decide when the adaption process is finished and roll out the production/live environment by themselves.

This situation was given until one year ago. Then MetaQuotes all of a sudden removed a documented process to prevent an update and shoos anyone here in best Carol-Beer-manners who describes any way to prevent the upgrade.

When you don't get the point behind major version numbers and build incrementals then your carreer in the financial software industry will be pretty short. Promised. The regulators are dang tough these days when it comes to operational risk management in financial institutions. And if a financial CEO does not comply then his company pays higher rates for those operational risks.

And yes: MT4/MT5 is a financial software and brokers have to bow before the regulators. I hear that they are currently massively under pressure by this mess already.

Can I ask you why you take your time to write all of that here ? Maybe you can tell us which mass software you have developed, that could give some credits to your thoughts ?

But, yes you might ask.

I take my time because I have it.

I'm writing frontend and backend software for financial institutions since 1999. Survived two KWG44 audits (this is a special audit in Germany where the auditors get audited) and meanwhile 13 regular yearly audits since.

Hope this sheds some light on my background.

Well .... so ?? I lied on my tax return and survived an audit by the IRS !! beat that !! ;)

disclaimer: that is not true I did not do any such thing ever.

NoTomatoes:

But, yes you might ask.

I take my time because I have it.

I'm writing frontend and backend software for financial institutions since 1999. Survived two KWG44 audits (this is a special audit in Germany where the auditors get audited) and meanwhile 13 regular yearly audits since.

Hope this sheds some light on my background.

Ok, thank you.

I can understand that traders who don't know anything to programming or even occasional coders pottering to automate their strategy, have difficulties with this new MT4/mql4. But an experimented software builder like you ? My opinion is that all the changes made by Metaquotes on mql4 are very interesting, and it's trivial for a professional programmer to fix/adapt his code.

So I really don't understand all the fuss you made. These changes are announced since July 2013.

angevoyageur:

Ok, thank you.

I can understand that traders who don't know anything to programming or even occasional coders pottering to automate their strategy, have difficulties with this new MT4/mql4. But an experimented software builder like you ? My opinion is that all the changes made by Metaquotes on mql4 are very interesting, and it's trivial for a professional programmer to fix/adapt his code.

So I really don't understand all the fuss you made. These changes are announced since July 2013.

Can you please enlighten me where I made the impression to you that I made a fuss?

And where the announcement from July 2013 is?

Thank you.

I a talking about these posts. When I see more than 1 post from a user which is complaining about Metaquotes, it's a fuss ...for me at least. You know, this is Metaquotes forum.

Upcoming MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 Upgrades - Big Changes Are Underway This topic has been sticky on first page of the forum during a long time, and a lot of other about these changes. Of course, not everyone comes to the forum, but it's the role of brokers to inform their customers, as trader gets MT4 by them.

Thank you Carol.

You can delete my account now.

(cough)

angevoyageur:

I a talking about these posts. When I see more than 1 post from a user which is complaining about Metaquotes, it's a fuss ...for me at least. You know, this is Metaquotes forum.

Upcoming MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 Upgrades - Big Changes Are Underway This topic has been sticky on first page of the forum during a long time, and a lot of other about these changes. Of course, not everyone comes to the forum, but it's the role of brokers to inform their customers, as trader gets MT4 by them.

I am dumbfounded that a product with so many issues has been (force) released. It is rather difficult to code around something when one does not know what one does not know. I keep coming across unexpected behavior in both new (for build 600) and old code.

Is there a central reference for known bugs?

rod178:

I am dumbfounded that a product with so many issues has been (force) released. It is rather difficult to code around something when one does not know what one does not know. I keep coming across unexpected behavior in both new (for build 600) and old code.

Is there a central reference for known bugs?

Unfortunately not. If you explain you actual problem(s), we can try to help you.

angevoyageur:
Unfortunately not. If you explain you actual problem(s), we can try to help you.

I think he described it. He needs to avoid bugs. So a public tracker would help.
Reason: