MetaTrader 4 Build 600 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 52

angevoyageur:
I don't think something has changed for that.

I can only live in hope

Is it possible to have the terminal display the 'non-standard' timeframes? eg PERIOD_H8 ie without having to code candle blending

Can it be done in MT5

rod178:

I can only live in hope

Is it possible to have the terminal display the 'non-standard' timeframes? eg PERIOD_H8 ie without having to code candle blending

Can it be done in MT5

PERIOD_H8 is available by default with MT5. But not with MT4.

You have to use Offline charts for that.

Maybe someone can help me here:

Since Build 600 I got a lot of problems to connect to MySQL. I solved it (particularely) with mql4-mysql.mqh, but I've got a Windows 8 64-Bit environment, so not everything works fine (f.e. reading from MySQL). How do I have to change the file or what should I do in order to handle with a 64-Bit Windows?

THX in advance!

angevoyageur: PERIOD_H8 is available by default with MT5. But not with MT4.
Since PERIOD_H8 is a normal period in MT4 the GUI should be able to display it. Currently doesn't
Timeframes, different from the standard timeframes of the client terminal (PERIOD_M1, PERIOD_M5, PERIOD_M15, PERIOD_M30, PERIOD_H1, PERIOD_H4, PERIOD_D1, PERIOD_MN1, PERIOD_W1) can be used when working with offline charts.

angevoyageur:

Hi,

For the first issue it's difficult to say, what's running on this 6 or 10 charts ? Which MT4 build is it ?

Your second issue isn't very clear. If you can place an indicator on a chart, you can then save your template, not ?

Hi,

MT4 Build 610 and running 6 charts.

Second one Build 604 and running 3 charts.

I can save all of my templates, but when I close my platform and restart it, it writes to another location and leaves me with a clean

platform that I have to redo from scratch as if I have just downloaded it.

How can I ensure that it starts up using the same file?

Thank you for replying.

Hercs78:

Dear Sirs,

I am in DESPERATE and I mean DESPERATE need of help. Since the upgrade, the MT4 Memory per platform has jumped up from ±140,000K with 10 charts open, to >460,000K with only 6 charts running and on the second platform to 149,000K with only ONE chart running. I do not run EAs in case you think that it may be the reason.

Secondly, every single time I close the platform, it rewrites another file in the directory and I cannot have access per individual Template base just as one example.

I have had some indicators "touched up" by expert coders so that it will work on 604 and in one case 610, but the weirdest thing is that the same indicator does not show up on my template and yet if I open a clean chart and put it on, it works.

Please can someone help? I am an experienced guy with 14 years of trading experience, so don't treat me as if I am new to either MT4 or trading for that matter.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

Do you have the strategy tester window open ? Close it see if that makes a difereence, also try delete the .fxt file in the data folder\tester\history folder, if there is one. Strategy tester will cling on to large amounts of RAM sometimes it seems. I had an issue with over 750MB RAM, the culprit was strategy tester. It took some time to release the RAM after I closed out strategy tester window but after a while it dropped back to about 5MB per chart

Is it possible avoid the autoupdate of new MT4 version?

Hercs78:

Hi,

MT4 Build 610 and running 6 charts.

Second one Build 604 and running 3 charts.

I can save all of my templates, but when I close my platform and restart it, it writes to another location and leaves me with a clean

platform that I have to redo from scratch as if I have just downloaded it.

How can I ensure that it starts up using the same file?

Thank you for replying.

1. I understood that you have some charts opened, what I asked you is : what is running in these charts (symbol, scripts, ea, indicators ?). I don't have any problem with RAM, so we have to investigate what is causing your problem.
  2. Where is your platform installed ? Where are you saving your template ? You have to save all your data in the new path, you get find it by Menu File -> Open Data Folder. In the window that opens, you have a "templates" folder. You have to save there.

VabRus:
Is it possible avoid the autoupdate of new MT4 version?
Yes, don't restart MT4

RaptorUK:
Yes, don't restart MT4

I need restart it, but no problem with /portable I solve the problem, thank.
Reason: