[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 98

Dimka-novitsek:

Good evening! Sorry, I want to understand the principle, what, such a construction is not possible?

int u; u=0-10; for( u;u<30;u++) {Alert("u",u); } Writes error ';' - assignment expected C:\Òãîðóìa MF Trader 4\documents\experts³µl.mq4 (33, 31)
It shows a semicolon between u; u I checked it once with help - please explain!

The first for statement should be an assignment operation. If you have already initialized the u variable before and don't want to repeat the for statement, just do

u = -10;

for( ; u<30; u++)

{

}
i.e. either an assignment or nothing at all.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to meet you!!! It's all working out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alsu:

The end does not justify the means.

To clarify, here's a question: when you yourself want to determine "which day of the week will be the last one next week", what do you do? That's right, you look up the calendar for the current year, see where the holidays fall in your country, check to see if the weekend has been moved from one day to another (for example, from Sunday to Thursday, for which the parliament, i.e. the State Duma, adopts a separate document every year), and so on. Do you think anyone would take the trouble to create a programme in MQL for this purpose? Personally, it's easier for me to look at the calendar...

As for the online trading, I agree, it's not justified and complicated. But I need it for history analysis, i.e. the historical data already sort of has the answer, you have to do the math. I wonder if iTime function in the Shift parameter can analyse bars from the future, for example for watches if I set "-24" and try to take DayOfWeek. Probably won't work.

ZZZEROXXX:

as far as online trading is concerned, I agree, it's not justified and it's complicated. But I need it for history analysis, i.e. the historical data already sort of has the answer, you have to count. I wonder if iTime function in the Shift parameter can analyse bars from the future, for example for watches if I set "-24" and try to take DayOfWeek. Probably won't work.
iTime does not work with the future and Bar[-24] will never understand.

ScioMe:
Can you please modify the template of the chart to be opened after testing? To make the deal marks visible, because when I apply my own template, all the marks are there...

It is possible to permanently change the tester template and the new chart template altogether.

Save the finished template in the templates folder under the name tester.tpl for the tester, or default.tpl for the newly opened chart.

coronel:

Run the tester with "Visualisation" ticked.

Thanks! Long time ago I was engaged in testing and optimization, then, I remember, there were green squares, with different intensity of coloring, depending on the profitability of one or another parameter. I cannot find anything at the moment. I looked in Optimization Graph and inOptimization Results, but I have not found anything. Can you tell me how I can see these squares?

ScioMe:

Thank you! Long time ago I was engaged in testing and optimization, then, I remember, there were green squares, with different intensity of coloring, depending on the profitability of one or another parameter. Now I cannot find it, I've looked in Optimization Graph and in Optimization Results, but I have not found anything. Can you tell me how I can see these squares?
Go to the "Optimization graph" tab and press the spacebar. Return back to the graph also by pressing the spacebar.

alexhammer:

You can change the tester template and the new chart template permanently altogether.

Save the finished template in the templates folder under the name tester.tpl for the tester, or default.tpl for the newly opened chart.

Saved, under these names, the new chart opens the same way, the old way. There is a file strategytester.htm in the templates folder I don't know what to do with this file.

Hello, can you help me with this, how to properly import data from the history in Excel? On the forum I did not find. The thing is that after opening a file in Excel, the data are presented in date form, and if I change the format of the numbers are obtained not the same data. I tried different types of numbers - the same thing. I tried to upload the data type (Excel asks), it seems the numbers are what I need, but presented in a periodic (eg 1.5624), and Excel does not want anything to do with them.
Reason: