New MetaTrader 4 Platform Build 500: Trading from Chart and Company's Web Site in the Client Terminal - page 7

96 hours is not really long given I am running a brute-force optimization it can take years actually:) Also the 96hrs were refering to Prime95 to check if my system is instable, which it isn´t (just passed 120 hours of Linx and Prime95 together now, absolutely no problem). So it comes down to MT4. I´ve sent the crash-logs via the service-desk already at MQL5.com, but no answer.....

Ovo:

I really hope there will be improvement with the dragging the trade levels in the next release. That would be helpful if it did not interfere with the user graphics, but currently it seriously conflicts with the charting. If only I could switch between the graphics and trading functions.

And the old-time bug with indicators ignoring a change in account numbers still resides in the build.

I just noticed this today in MT5

lets hope this option gets added to MT4 soon.   

Thanks Raptor.

GeekT, that's interesting.  We've just set up a ubuntu-based test mule (with internal VM's), to brute force some bots.  We should maybe test it out with Prime95.  What's clear is that if using MT4 to back-test, this 2gb .fxt limit is going to cause us both some real headaches in maximising the potential of the decent IT as tests can run into this issue very quickly (thus requiring frequent intervention to generate large results sets).

Up to now I've seen Birt's patch (which I've not used as yet), which raises the limit to 4gb on pre 500 MT4 builds.  Not sure why he stopped at 4gb, I wonder if it's to do with something in the thread Raptor posted on the previous page. 

I'm not scalping and use 1min data for current bots, so I'm looking at stripping out the tick volume.  On first testing it seems to alter the results (maybe someone here might know why??).  So I need to look at this further and if it's an issue, do what has been suggested elsewhere on this site and run that EA which puts a blanket value of 4 ticks in each minute candle, delaying the filling up of that .fxt file.

I want to get to a situation where I can leave a test running overnight and actually get a full set of results! 

in addition to the various suggestions I wanted to bring up upgrades:

1. create a rounding function for cfd: when I drag the sl on one level this level should be rounded to the nearest ticksize ...

example
if ticksize is 5 and drag it to 16723 stoploss he must be set to 16720 or 16725!

2. you could put a flag (eg, profit view) settings on the stop line writes to me as I lose currency deposit!

Stopped working metaeditor.exe, there is no compilation of large files with *.mq4 in *.ex4.

Indicators with a 500 KB compiled, adviser with 100 KB does not compile! 

Any problems with backward compatibility

[code]2013.06.03 11:11:49    Cannot open file 'D:\XXX\experts\XXXX.ex4' on the GOLD,H1[/code]

resume compilation:

[code] 0 error (s), 0 warning (s) [/ code]

This is a very dangerous MQ OneClick Branded, in order to select such a graphic analysis, close to the level of sl and tp, how the cursor is near the graphics can not enable editing of what you want, and you can not stop the action begun to do then UNDO.

mike05:

Any problems with backward compatibility

[code]2013.06.03 11:11:49    Cannot open file 'D:\XXX\experts\XXXX.ex4' on the GOLD,H1[/code]

resume compilation:

[code] 0 error (s), 0 warning (s) [/ code]

It has always been the case that ex4 files are compatible with newer builds but not always older builds.  So if you compile with MetaEditor 500 you should have compatibility with Terminal build 500 and later but not always earlier than Build 500.

How true, and it is a very bad habit, why the compiler does not indicate where are incompatible?

This is a mockery of the users and policy: how do you not like it, f... o..!

Is MQL has changed? As such, this is where the description of the changes?

A detail of the event log W7:

Log Name: Application

Source:. NET Runtime

Date: 2013-06-02 6:32:38 p.m.
Event ID: 1026
Task Category: None
Level: Errors
Keywords: Classic
User: Not applicable
Computer: xxxxxxx
Description:
Application: terminal.exe
Architecture Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception information: System.AggregateException
Stack:

in System.Threading.Tasks.TaskExceptionHolder.Finalize ()

This repeats.

mike05:

How true, and it is a very bad habit, why the compiler does not indicate where are incompatible?

This is a mockery of the users and policy: how do you not like it, f... o..!

Is MQL has changed? As such, this is where the description of the changes?

How does the compiler know what terminal build you are going to run the ex4 in ?
Reason: