New MetaTrader 4 Platform Build 500: Trading from Chart and Company's Web Site in the Client Terminal - page 5

Very Very Nice improvement , that will let use not to need any other third party solutions in nearest time.

There is a lot of Improvement and addons you need to do and fulfill to save your place in the market, So continue your updated and Listen to your Clint's suggestion. and you will be on the Top 

chart object  such as Vertical Line  in  seperate chart:  

1. issue had reported:  visualization setting not work int right way.

2. when history bars imported,  the   chart object's position is not move to right place

3. if it create in the future time ( no bar  exists by now),   after the time past ,  if  there is hollow in the time range, 

e.g.  the server may do roll over at  EST 17:00,  then there is  some bar is absent,   maybe no  bar between 17:00-17:05 ,  

in this situation,  if  a object had create at a time  after the missing time range,  then it's show at a wrong position  in the M1 chart.

I really hope there will be improvement with the dragging the trade levels in the next release. That would be helpful if it did not interfere with the user graphics, but currently it seriously conflicts with the charting. If only I could switch between the graphics and trading functions.

And the old-time bug with indicators ignoring a change in account numbers still resides in the build.

not work in windows 2000 .

edmun1388:
not work in windows 2000 .

System Requirements

Minimum requirements:
Operating systems:
Windows XP/Vista/Seven
Processor: 1.5 GHZ
RAM: 1 GB
Screen resolution: 1024×768
Broad band internet connection

Recommended requirements:Operating systems:
Windows Vista/XP/2000
Processor: 2 GHZ or higher
RAM: 2 GB or more
Screen resolution: 1280×1024
or higher

I have copy pepperstone mt4 updated version Build 500 , when run it in windows 2000 adv server error "terminal.exe is not a valid win32 application .

I try also copy old version from win 7 to win 2000 , after update to build 500, error "The procedure entry point GetProcessHandleCount could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

RaptorUK:

System Requirements

Minimum requirements:
Operating systems:
Windows XP/Vista/Seven
Processor: 1.5 GHZ
RAM: 1 GB
Screen resolution: 1024×768

Recommended requirements:Operating systems:
Windows Vista/XP/2000
Processor: 2 GHZ or higher
RAM: 2 GB or more
Screen resolution: 1280×1024
or higher

A little weird that minimum is XP and recommended include 2000 ?

I'm not very technical but what I do know is that this latest build blocks MT4i's spread controller from working, which causes numerous testing headaches.  Not insurmountable problems but it's certainly made life more awkward and unnecessarily so. 

The following article appears to cover the reason why things like the spread controller no longer work in the latest update and if I understand it correctly, this is a big step in the wrong direction in my opinion:

http://www.forexbrokerz.com/news/forex-mt4-build-500-problem-consequences-automated-fx-trading 

Can anyone tell me, are they going the same route with MT5? 

Also, of all the issues they could have fixed over the last few years, the 2gb .fxt limit continues to be a glaringly obvious omission.  It's a problem for almost every user, that seems to ignored from one build to the next.  With them making Birt's patch inoperable in build 500, this only serves to compound the irritation.  When the fix appears to be so simple (see post in link below regarding the int data type for use with the FXT file), you have to wonder if there's something we don't understand that explains why they aren't resolving this.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/127336 

Trev

Trevhib:

Also, of all the issues they could have fixed over the last few years, the 2gb .fxt limit continues to be a glaringly obvious omission.  It's a problem for almost every user, that seems to ignored from one build to the next.  With them making Birt's patch inoperable in build 500, this only serves to compound the irritation.  When the fix appears to be so simple 

Have you submitted a suggestion via the Service Desk ?

Hi Raptor. 

No, as I'm not a member of mql5.com.  However, FWIW I have just done what is necessary to log this request (i.e. register on that site and submit, #756174).  After years of users suffering this problem, if there haven't already been a raft of suggestions along the same lines I'll be stunned.  Anyway, I've asked for some insight as to why it's not been dealt with previously.

I'll provide any answer I receive on this thread. 

Thanks, Trev 

Reason: