MT5 Chart freezes after opening a position

Hello all,

I've got a strange problem in MT5.

Everything functions normal until I open a position. The moment I open a position the chart freezes for that symbol, other charts function normally. If open another symbol in that frozen chart, it functions normally but if I try to open the symbol with the open orders (not pending) again then it shows "waiting for update" and nothing happens. Same thing happens when I try to open the symbol with positions in any other chart windows I have.

So basically, I can't see a live chart for a symbol that has open positions. The "trade window" works as normal though, updating prices and PnL live and I can instantly modify or close positions.  

Sometimes the charts come back to normal after restarting MT5 a few times. 

When I close MT5 I can see that it stays visible for another 30 seconds in the task manager with about 30% cpu (6-core i5) usage.

I usually have about 4 charts open with some custom indicators from the market, no EAs.

It wasn't like this in my first week of using MT5 but then it all started. I have been using the same chart layout/indicators from the beginning.

I have been using MT4 for a long time and I wanted to slowly migrate to MT5 but this is putting me off now.

So far I tried the following with no luck:

Uninstall/install fresh MT5

Load a profile with no custom indicators.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

First, remove ALL custom indicators from ALL charts. Remove ALL Expert Advisors from all charts. Try to open a position manually. Describe the result.

Vladimir Karputov #:
First, remove ALL custom indicators from ALL charts. Remove ALL Expert Advisors from all charts. Try to open a position manually. Describe the result.

Thank you for the suggestion. 

I removed all the indicators from all charts and opened a few test positions on different symbols and this time none of the charts froze.

I thought when I loaded a different profile with no custom indicators before it would help me to see if it was due to a bad indicator but it was still freezing. (maybe the bad indicator was still in the memory?)

Deleting all the indicators seems to do the trick. I guess I now need to try them one by one to find which is causing this.

Thanks for the help!

vlkn100 # :

Thank you for the suggestion. 

I removed all the indicators from all charts and opened a few test positions on different symbols and this time none of the charts froze.

I thought when I loaded a different profile with no custom indicators before it would help me to see if it was due to a bad indicator but it was still freezing. (maybe the bad indicator was still in the memory?)

Deleting all the indicators seems to do the trick. I guess I now need to try them one by one to find which is causing this.

Thanks for the help!

Yes, that’s exactly what it’s tedious to do: add one indicator to check the reaction. And so, in turn, check all the indicators.

Vladimir Karputov #:

Yes, that’s exactly what it’s tedious to do: add one indicator to check the reaction. And so, in turn, check all the indicators.

Just for future reference for people wondering:

I found the problematic indicator trying one by one. It's a "Break Even Line" indicator from the market. ***

Someone else described the same problem in the comments section of this indicator.

Happy trading everyone!

Reason: