New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 406 - page 2

Can someone tell me if there is any point upgrading the version when huge gaping holes exist in the underlying data. Look at your history files for 2010 and 2011. Major gaps where whole months are missing. And half months.

seafieldsid:

By the way, my MT4 build 406 is in Program files (x86) on Win 7 64 bit. Where then would be the best place to install MT4? Can the file be transferred to another location by dragging it as I don't really want to go through the hassle of uninstalling and then downloading again?

anywhere but \program files* on Vista/Win7. IBFX defaults to C:\IBFX Trader 4

Rosh:
Can you provide your code for reproducing? It will help to find out and fix issue. You can sent source code via Private Message.

Sorry I cannot provide the code. However, you can see that other people are also reporting a huge slowdown with 406, so I'm confident it is unrelated to my specific indicators. It may be that you have to load them up a lot. My suggestion would be to create a profile with ~20 charts. To each, add "ZUP" (search for ZUP_v100). That is an intensive indicator similar in CPU load to my own. Also try creating charts with say, 50 MA's, including lots of long periods like 600, 1200, 2400, etc. My machine with 402 could handle this kind of load no problem. With 406, the slowdown should be easily measured if you compare the two.

WHRoeder:
anywhere but \program files* on Vista/Win7. IBFX defaults to C:\IBFX Trader 4

I transferred the file to C drive but still got exactly the same result. Thanks for the suggestion though.

pips4life:

Sorry I cannot provide the code. However, you can see that other people are also reporting a huge slowdown with 406, so I'm confident it is unrelated to my specific indicators.

Try to download the last build, which we uploaded yesterday. This issue has been fixed.

I have MT4 build 402 on Windows 7. Every time I launch my MT4 application now, Windows UAC says the LiveUpdate wants access, so I click yes, but it doesn't do anything! I keep closing and opening the program just for it to ask the same thing every single time. After I click yes on UAC, there is no further prompts. Although I see in Journal tab: "LiveUpdate: new version 4.00 build 406 is available". If there is an update available, why it not update?

Is anyone else having this issue?

P.S. I dont want reinstall MT4 due of many indicators and EA installed.

planetfx:

I have MT4 build 402 on Windows 7. Every time I launch my MT4 application now, Windows UAC says the LiveUpdate wants access, so I click yes, but it doesn't do anything! I keep closing and opening the program just for it to ask the same thing every single time. After I click yes on UAC, there is no further prompts. Although I see in Journal tab: "LiveUpdate: new version 4.00 build 406 is available". If there is an update available, why it not update?

Is anyone else having this issue?

P.S. I dont want reinstall MT4 due of many indicators and EA installed.

If you were to install a fresh MT4, then typically you can go to your old installation and select the folders you have customized and copy them into the new location, selecting the open to overwrite duplicate names if you so choose. For me, this would include:

config\ (My broker requires a special .key file I must copy; I may or may not keep the other files, because some of them might actually be causing the problems in the old MT4)

experts\ (Usually the whole folder, or I can specifically select what I want)

history\ (Depends. A fresh install will download bars as needed, but there's a limit how far back it can go. So you might want the history files, or you might start fresh. FYI, if these files get too big it slows down MT4 a LOT! ).

profiles\ (Usually I want to keep my profile(s) the way I have them set up)

sounds\ (If you have any custom sounds, copy this, otherwise don't bother)

templates\ (I have several custom templates, especially "default.tpl" and "offline.tpl" )

pips4life:

If you were to install a fresh MT4, then typically you can go to your old installation and select the folders you have customized and copy them into the new location, selecting the open to overwrite duplicate names if you so choose. For me, this would include:

config\ (My broker requires a special .key file I must copy; I may or may not keep the other files, because some of them might actually be causing the problems in the old MT4)

experts\ (Usually the whole folder, or I can specifically select what I want)

history\ (Depends. A fresh install will download bars as needed, but there's a limit how far back it can go. So you might want the history files, or you might start fresh. FYI, if these files get too big it slows down MT4 a LOT! ).

profiles\ (Usually I want to keep my profile(s) the way I have them set up)

sounds\ (If you have any custom sounds, copy this, otherwise don't bother)

templates\ (I have several custom templates, especially "default.tpl" and "offline.tpl" )

Is the solution only to make a fresh install? Then, when next build will come, make a fresh install again? Since this happen, seems, because MT4 is not Windows 7 compatible. Another MT4 copy that I have on Windows XP was successfully updated to build 406.

wansiman:
At Markets .com it is very slow when i use custom indicators i dont have that problem with FXDD or Pepperstone (just a little slower)

it is not installed in the programfile

It is very slow and freeze so you have to log out every time

this happens when you use custom indicators if you dont use custom indicators it works ok

planetfx:
Is the solution only to make a fresh install? Then, when next build will come, make a fresh install again? Since this happen, seems, because MT4 is not Windows 7 compatible. Another MT4 copy that I have on Windows XP was successfully updated to build 406.
No the problem is the custom indicators
Reason: