EX4 File with no smile... Live account only?

From what I gathered so far, most of you are expert advisor designers seeking to build the most efficient EA so that you can sell the EA to the general public.

In reality, however, that does not make much sense because, if your EA were to work so well, you would not care about trying to make a profit. Instead, your EA will be the major income generator, and you would not care less of anyone who used it...

...some how, I believe numerous others have said the same thing...

I suppose having a heart to help the less fortunate is always good, but not so much if your trying to make a profit. Please do not think of this as some sort of personal opinion. I am only looking at the reasoning of this practice, and because I am a man given to wisdom, I realize that though my feelings and views decide whether I agree or disagree with a concept, the initial concept itself is neither good or bad.

This is not the reason for this post however. The reason I am posting is because I want to know how to implement an EX4 file. I did what I seen in searched posts but I do not see a smile in my trading graph, nor was there any indication of it working. I checked my options to make sure everything is enabled, and everything seems to be in order.

Can an EX4 file be specifically designed to work only with a live account?

I think this was supposed to work with another Expert Advisor that I bought on the web, but judging from that I read, it seems I did not have to buy the EA to apply the settings that this guy was offering upon buying the EA.

From what I gathered so far, most of you are expert advisor designers seeking to build the most efficient EA so that you can sell the EA to the general public.

Speaking for myself, you couldn't be more wrong. The people on this site aren't selling anything. Yeah some of the top members on this site have business affiliations. That's common sense, they work in the financial business. I'd rather have someone in the industry helping me out than just non-trading programmers. The site is a Self-Help programming forum where people volunteer their time to learn from each other. If someone for whatever reason cannot program their own EA then they'll wanna pay a programmer to program it for them.

In reality, however, that does not make much sense because, if your EA were to work so well, you would not care about trying to make a profit. Instead, your EA will be the major income generator, and you would not care less of anyone who used it...

Ok, time for a reality check! Before I go further let me note that I'm a beginner with about 6-months of learning experience. IMO, you'll need to correct you impression about Black-Box (set it and forget it forever) EA. Everyone starts out asking that question but the reality is No-One-Has-It and he did, he's not displaying it probably because of the reasons you stated. Your automated system EA would need to change from time to time, knowing when to change the Settings is just like trying to become a Manual trader. So EA, become more of a Automation Tool.

I suppose having a heart to help the less fortunate is always good, but not so much if your trying to make a profit. Please do not think of this as some sort of personal opinion. I am only looking at the reasoning of this practice, and because I am a man given to wisdom, I realize that though my feelings and views decide whether I agree or disagree with a concept, the initial concept itself is neither good or bad. 

Make a profit? Here? Ha!... What profit can someone make by doing something for free. Please don't think I'm attacking you as I understand you're trying to form an opinion.

This is not the reason for this post however. The reason I am posting is because I want to know how to implement an EX4 file. I did what I seen in searched posts but I do not see a smile in my trading graph, nor was there any indication of it working. I checked my options to make sure everything is enabled, and everything seems to be in order. Can an EX4 file be specifically designed to work only with a live account?

Yes, EX4 file be specifically designed to work only with a live account. If you've indeed checked to make sure everything is enabled then the next step would be contacting the programmer of the EA.

I think this was supposed to work with another Expert Advisor that I bought on the web, but judging from that I read, it seems I did not have to buy the EA to apply the settings that this guy was offering upon buying the EA.

Same as above.... If I'd paid for something, I'd hunt the seller down until either I get it to work or get my money back.

ubzen:

Speaking for myself, you couldn't be more wrong. The people on this site aren't selling anything. Yeah some of the top members on this site have business affiliations. That's common sense, they work in the financial business. I'd rather have someone in the industry helping me out that just non-trading programmers. The site is a Self-Help programming forum where people volunteer their time to learn from each other. If someone for whatever reason cannot program their own EA then they'll wanna pay a programmer to program it for them.

Ok, time for a reality check! Before I go further let me note that I'm a beginner with about 6-months of learning experience. IMO, you'll need to correct you impression about Black-Box (set it and forget it forever) EA. Everyone starts out asking that question but the reality is No-One-Has-It and he did, he's not displaying it probably because of the reasons you stated. Your automated system EA would need to change from time to time, knowing when to change the Settings is just like trying to become a Manual trader. So EA, become more of a Automation Tool.

Make a profit? Here? Ha!... What profit can someone make by doing something for free. Please don't think I'm attacking you as I understand you're trying to form an opinion.

This is not the reason for this post however. The reason I am posting is because I want to know how to implement an EX4 file. I did what I seen in searched posts but I do not see a smile in my trading graph, nor was there any indication of it working. I checked my options to make sure everything is enabled, and everything seems to be in order. Can an EX4 file be specifically designed to work only with a live account?

Yes, EX4 file be specifically designed to work only with a live account. If you've indeed checked to make sure everything is enabled then the next step would be contacting the programmer of the EA.

Same as above.... If I'd paid for something, I'd hunt the seller down until either I get it to work or get my money back.

I do not understand. How can a robot not work any more after a short amount of time.

Can they not just design it to scalp and safely protect ones investments for a long time? I guess I can understand why it would not work if your only doing long term investments... foolish in my "beginners" opinion.

I am contacting him. I seen this guys video on YouTube where he doubled his 10K investment in four days. He said he was selling his settings, so I literally jumped into this Forex thing. I can learn though...

Here is why I think people are selling their EA's, and the reason I posted the comment on ethics...

jjc:

This forum is full of people who hope to build EAs which they can then sell. Your post is effectively telling people how to rip off EAs and avoid paying for them. Not very clever. It's been a while since the moderators banned anyone, but I've got a feeling that you might be next...

shedmond:

I do not understand. How can a robot not work any more after a short amount of time.

Can they not just design it to scalp and safely protect ones investments for a long time? I guess I can understand why it would not work if your only doing long term investments... foolish in my "beginners" opinion.

I am contacting him. I seen this guys video on YouTube where he doubled his 10K investment in four days. He said he was selling his settings, so I literally jumped into this Forex thing. I can learn though...

Here is why I think people are selling their EA's, and the reason I posted the comment on ethics...

Indicators become self fulfilling, predictable and therefore exploitable. If as a market maker, you know the masses have their stop set at a certain indicator, that is exploitable... so the market changes, the indicator efficiency falls and sudenly you have a losing robot.

he doubled his 10K investment in four days.

Easy Peasy with a well fitted backtest.... question is where was he after 8 days? Don't trust everything you read! There is more to a robots life than equity!

I would say the majority of people here are with only the intention of learning. Personally, I learn best by working out problems... there is a continued stream of problems to solve here... this is my mini exam! But there are people here who are not really looking to learn. The hunt for someone to create some code for them for free with no intention of sharing. There are others who actively seek to employ someone to help them. Obviously as a community of coders, there are people with skills that others are willing to buy. This site, however, moderates on advertising so there are very few posts advertising coding services.

V

I seen indicators in MetaTrader but I do not see how that has anything to do with a robot or EA that trades currency, unless the indicator was used stop the robot at a certain point. Perhaps the indicator is used for stop loss... I thought that was the Robots job.

I'm a sort of logician, so I see this a being plausible to figure out. Have to hurry though...

It's the Nature of the markets. IMO Everyone should note that markets moves because of a Reason. The EA's I've seen on google and youtube don't have those reasons programmed in. Typical EA's wait for the market to move and then try to capitalize on it based on numeric algorithms. And when it tries to predict the markets it Fails because the Reason haven't happened yet. I haven't seen any Crystal Ball EA's yet and trust me I've been looking for longer then you have. You'll need Super programming skills, mathematical skills and better access to information than the average punter in order to generate something which obtains and reacts to all the Reasoning of the markets.

I am contacting him. I seen this guys video on YouTube where he doubled his 10K investment in four days. He said he was selling his settings, so I literally jumped into this Forex thing. I can learn though...Here is why I think people are selling their EA's, and the reason I posted the comment on ethics...

Yeah, I think I seen the video too posted within this forum. I'm not sure who the poster was (i could go back and check) could have been you from the sound of it. The poster sounded confident in his resolve that this method was the best way to make money in Forex. This was the reason I didn't comment on that post. If someone seem confident about something, I believe they should give it a shot and see for themselves. Just keep in mind that one person's experience and luck does cannot be measured equally.

As for the later comment, remember everyone is entitled to their Opinions. However, no-one here likes Stolen Codes or EA's. Reason again Common Sense, people here work in the Financial Industry. How would you like to see your Stolen company's product being posted here. If I'd programmed an EA for you at a cost, I wouldn't want to see a stole copy on this forum either. This is all my Opinions. Just so we're clear, I've never programmed anything for a fee. Given Financial Advise for a fee. Nor do I intend to program any Full-EA for Anyone free or for a fee. I just don't like taking responsibility for other people's losing money.

Welcome to forex shedmond.

Study everything first before jumping into something.

Forex is fun as the market is there, you can see it moving, every second, offering an opportunity to do something, but is double-bladed...okay?

I had one idea in my head...

Every time pips increase by two, the robot buys. Every time the pips decrease by one, the robot sells.

I know this is scalping, but how can a robot stop working using this very simple and straight to the point process? Trying to predict the market from a long time perspective is foolish... unless God himself were on your side.

I am aware of the pips that certain companies collect with each purchase, but I am also sure that some companies have different billing plans.

Every time pips increase by two, the robot buys. Every time the pips decrease by one, the robot sells.

Well program it and try it in a demo first is my only advise :)

ubzen:

Well program it and try it in a demo first is my only advise :)

I am sure someone here has already produced this rather simple ratcheting program. I am only using that as an example of how a robot should work indefinitely. If someone could enlighten me as to why this does not work, I would appreciate it.

BTW, is there a tutorial somewhere I can use to learn how to program an EA?

For learning how to program mql4 use the Book.

For learning Forex basics use This Site.

Well you can make that concept your first Case Study for programming and find out the answer for yourself as to why it Will-Not work.

Reason: