EA contest on real accounts - page 7

to Gans_deGlucker

The MQ champ is a separate song.
it's a starter track for a free prize sharpened
.... the future of trading robot technique to show. It's a major, which is also understandable and not a bit offensive at all.
but the realisation is 4WD.
well, why keep the reali competitors in the same sevrrve?

Sergo писал (а) >>

Certainly, a server that rivals the 35K mentioned can be built for much less. But this brings up resilience issues. Redundancy in disk space, cooling, power supply. Plus detailed self-diagnostics for quick troubleshooting. Plus a brand fee that "guarantees". All this combined raises the price considerably.

I remember wanting to upgrade an old HP server. The motherboard was dual processor, but there was only one P3-1000 Xeon. The manual categorically forbade the use of non-HP processors. The original was offered to buy for $1'500. Found the exact same slot 1,000 with the usual Intel logo. At the shop for 400 quid. Worked without a question.

Same thing with the screws. You peel off the HP sticker, there's another one underneath. It's a SCSI screw made by Seagate. And the price is 2... 2.5 times different...

Did you try to file a claim here?

Oh HOWEVER, sellers have no good legal base!

Somewhere in a normal country, you can demand very good liquidated damages!

+ moral damages + lost profits after a unit that did not fit the description ...

---

how do they bill you millions of quid

for selling a dog collar as titanium when it turned out to be aluminum.

---

it's not a dog collar. It's a business.

and screw failure is very crucial!

YuraZ писал (а) >>

somewhere in a normal country, a very good liquidated damages can be demanded!

+ moral damage + lost profits after a unit that did not fit the description...

That's true. But it's all legal for them. They don't deny that they don't make hardware like CPUs, screws, memory themselves. Just by sticking their sticker, the company "guarantees" the quality. And they repair everything under warranty without any questions. How can you say that?

That is correct. The HP sticker could mean that this Seagate-made drive has passed all the necessary HP lab tests and the company is responsible for it as its own. There's no getting around it.

Why should EAs be sent rather than run in-house? So that participants are on a level playing field, so that EAs are not optimised just before launch.

Sergo писал (а) >>
Так-то оно так. Но это у них всё законно. Они и не отказываются, что сами железо типа процов, винтов, памяти не производят. Просто клея свою наклейку, фирма "гарантирует" качество. И по гарантии без всяких вопросов всё ремонтируют. Как тут придерёшься?

Yes... it's all perfectly understandable...

no way!

---

the only question is the price! with a sticker 2 - 2.5 times more expensive :-))) just for the phrase WE TEST!!!

--

the system is down!!! ( let's say before the warranty period)

I'm just saying, liquidated damages with moral damages etc. would be easy to collect in some union state

--

it reminds me of the Japanese tape recorder made in Ryazan... - China

I remember in the '80s there were signs made in Japan,

now made in china

---

Had experience with branded hardware though!

HP COMPAQ IMB, DELL

everything worked fine, but I don't remember the labels being double...

---

I don't know if it's double-labeled. ----...that's the issue!

( if made in china ) i.e. they paid a chinese worker much less than a qualified HP employee

- although china is making progress!

Lovecraft писал(а) >>
Why should EAs be sent rather than run in-house? To ensure that participants are on a level playing field, so that EAs are not optimised just before launching.

1. Well, this is good! Look through the forum - no one has a guaranteed optimization for at least 1 day in advance, even by accident.
You will get lucky once,
and twenty times will also get it, and no less successfully))))
- naughty pens.

2. You can make up the right rules, why copy the PR people.

Korey писал(а) >>

1. Well, that's a good thing! Have a look at the forum - guaranteed to optimize at least 1 day ahead, no one, not even Random.
You will get lucky once,
and twenty times will also get it, and no less successfully))))
- naughty hands

2. You can make up the right rules, why copy the PR people.

I can't understand what exactly you want to say or ask.

There is always and everywhere to pick on. Simple criticism is always useful, but not empty.

I'm interested to hear how conditions and rules can be improved within this idea to make it more comfortable and interesting.

Lovecraft писал(а) >>

I can't understand what exactly you want to say or ask.

There is always and everywhere to pick on. Simple criticism is always useful, but not empty.

I am interested in hearing how conditions and rules can be improved within this idea in order to make it more comfortable and interesting.

About this:

.... should we be afraid of optimisation?
Only a very good EA will give you something real if you optimise every day,
As for the other EAs, they are not very good at it, as they do not have any stable effect on our EAs.
It means that the daily optimization is a quick elimination of useless EAs, because they will fail earlier and deeper due to the optimization.
Next, the Working Time.
Again, what is the purpose of the Informal Championship?
- is it to find the best robot or the best Expert Advisor?
The robot is for itself, and the Expert Advisor is for work.
The robot is an advertisement for the company, while the EA is needed for every day.
The Championship is expected to be attended by those who work every day.
So Who Works That's How It Works - That's EQUAL conditions on a real account.

Korey писал(а) >>

It goes something like this:

.... do i have to be afraid of optimization?
If you are a very good Expert Advisor, it will give you something real if you optimize every day,
But if you are afraid of optimization you may climb up there anyway you will not get a stable profit.
It means that the daily optimization is a quick elimination of useless EAs, because they will fail earlier and deeper due to the optimization.
Next, the Working Time.
Again, what is the purpose of the Informal Championship?
- is it to find the best robot or the best Expert Advisor?
The robot is for itself, and the Expert Advisor is for work.
The robot is an advertisement for the company, while the EA is needed for every day.
The Championship is expected to be attended by those who work every day.
>> so Who does what, let them do it that way - this is the EQUAL conditions on a real account.

This would all be great, but.

Try to organise things so that each participant starts their terminals and starts work at a certain time, "every day".

If someone is able to do this kind of work precisely to organise and collect information from all participants, I would be happy to meet him or her.

Therefore, it is the robots that are needed for the contest I am proposing. Robots that will give a profit in the first week of the test, that at least pass this preliminary test.

+ in future it is possible to run each robot on accounts of different brokerage companies that are also interesting not only for me, after systematization of the obtained data.

Reason: