Parabolic SAR and "Kaufmann MA" System - Who can make an Expert Advisor from it ??

Hello Forex Friend´s ! / Hallo Leute !!

First i want to say i´m from Austria, if there is somebody how speaks german please answer me in german, is easier to talk in a language you talk more then 25 years...

My problem is, i have a really good working trading system but i can trade it only manualy because i have absolutly no idea to pramming an Expert Advisor.

Ok, to the system... It is quiet simple, it use the "Kaufmann MA" (attached) and Parabolic SAR; Kaufmann with standard parameters, like attached,

Parabolic with the Settings: Step=0.05 Maximum=0.05

Now please watch the attached screenshot, when parabolic show a long signal and the Kaufmann indicator paint a blue point in his MA Line open a Long position.

When the parabolic show a short signal, and the Kaufmann paint a yellow point in his MA, open a short position. NEVER Trade against the maintrend in daily chart (look down to trading parameters) (in the screenshot i don´t care about the maintrend, i only draw the entrylines that you know what i mean, also reentrys are not signed)

The position should open exactly when the second indicator also shows the signal (not at close current candle or open next candle, if it´s possible programming that way)

If a trailing stop close a position, wait to the next candle who show a signal once more, then re-entry, but never against the maintrend in daily chart, (look down to trading parameters)

Reentry´s could be a very dangerous thing with wide stop losses, may be you have a suggestion....

If there is one position open long/short, system shouldn´t open more positons long or short in the same pair. Next position only can opened if previous position is closed in this currancy pair.

The vertical red lines in the screenshot chart shows the points of entry.

In the screenshot is one more indicator, please ignore them, i use it only for additional filtering the signals in manually trading with this system.

Manually i trade it now neer 3 months in two pairs, all together 6 false signals from more than 85 trades !

Trading Paramaeters:

Traded on: Meta Trader 4 (FIBO-Group and InterbankFX)

Actual Currancy Pairs: 4 Majors and EUR/NZD, EUR/NOK

Period:H4 (4 Hous Chart)

Maintrend Period: Daily Chart

Lot Size: 1 Lot beginning (May be use the LOT calculation module for EA)

Stop Loss: 150 Pips

Take Profit: No Take Profit

Trailing stop: 20 pips (long&short)

NEVER trade against the main trend, Maintrend: daily chart (for fix the maintrend only use parabolic, settings like above)

Also, if it´s possible the expert should send an e-mail to me when a new position is opened. (it´s not realy needed, but it´s comfortable)

I hope you understand my (not realy good) "school learned english", and thank you for answering !!!

P.S.: If you have some ideas to improve this system, so please let me know, i´m always open for suggestions !

best regrads to all FX-Traders,

mr.trader

How prommised to goldensight, here the two indikators NRTR !

Nice day,

mr.trader

No Stop loss last 3 months !!

reemul99:
If you have a Stop loss at 150 pips - that 900 pips with 6 losses ???

Whats the average profit you take?

Are you ahead after 3 months, or behind in total pips ?

reemul99,

thank you for your answer, for manually trading exit i use one more indikator, the NRTR in chart, i wirte 150 pips because this is the place the pais sometimes need if the market goes short time against you before you come in profit.

Average Profit Trade manually: 34 pips (now calculate )

If System traded within this setting no Trade from the now exactly 90 be closed at stop loss !!

Important is an here an good exit indikator, ANY IDEA ??

Thanks !

mr.trader

Thank you! Goldensight

mr.trader:
How prommised to goldensight, here the two indikators NRTR !

Nice day,

mr.trader

I don't know who you're trying to fool...yourself or us...

First of all you should better read your own rules again because you missed 2 entrys (see blue arrows) Par. Sar. + new dot on kaufman line. And you placed 1 entry to much (see blue elips).

You say that you have only 6 false trades on 85 entrys ?!?!...

Without a proper exit rule you have already 7 false trades only on this 1 month of data (7 out of 9 trades are false)

You say that you have a stoploss of 150 pips ?!?!...

This system wil perform well in a strong trending market, but in a ranging market it will perform very bad. Your hitratre will absolutly not exceed the 30%.

So that means that your profit target should be at least 450 pips (3 x times bigger then your stoploss).

In non of the trades shown on your chart you catch 450 pips.

Sorry to say so but without a very good filter technic this system is absolute cr*p.

Instead of introducing a system you should better read some topics on this forum and learn some systems that perform many times better then what you try to show.

A Par.Sar. is a good indicator in a strong trending market but so is a simple moving average. And your kaufman indicator will not help you in your method because when Par.Sar shows a signal the kaufman does 99% of the times the same.

With all do respect, I may sound rude, but thats how I feel after reading the presentation of a system like yours. Not with the system itself but that you try to claim that you only have 6 false signals on 85 trades and that you have a stoploss of 150 pips and an average win of 34 pips with a system that is so obvious it will perform very bad in a ranging market (with a system like that 15 consecutive losers is not impossible) and like I said your hitrate will not exceed the 30% instead of the 93% that you claim.

regards ..iGoR

Igor, Your logic may be correct about the system but if you re-read his post you need to look at the Context he is writing in. He is writing about having his own manual trading system and wanting an EA for Himself. He is not presenting a system to this forum (even though others may try it out), he is explaining what his system is so that a programmer can help him. It is neither your business nor mine about whether or not his system works ie. if it works for him then so be it. You yourself know that one system can work for one person's mind and emotions and not for another. So it is your misunderstanding not his because you have provided an entirely different context than he is writing in. My intention also is not to be rude to you however traders have the inherent Right to come here and seek help for themselves. However if you have pointed out something about his system that can help him then that is fine, he is simply seeking assistance and there is nothing wrong with that. Why do I care? Because he has only made a few posts here in the forum and I think other traders should welcome new members with some support.

iGoR:
I don't know who you're trying to fool...yourself or us...

First of all you should better read your own rules again because you missed 2 entrys (see blue arrows) Par. Sar. + new dot on kaufman line. And you placed 1 entry to much (see blue elips).

You say that you have only 6 false trades on 85 entrys ?!?!...

Without a proper exit rule you have already 7 false trades only on this 1 month of data (7 out of 9 trades are false)

You say that you have a stoploss of 150 pips ?!?!...

This system wil perform well in a strong trending market, but in a ranging market it will perform very bad. Your hitratre will absolutly not exceed the 30%.

So that means that your profit target should be at least 450 pips (3 x times bigger then your stoploss).

In non of the trades shown on your chart you catch 450 pips.

Sorry to say so but without a very good filter technic this system is absolute cr*p.

Instead of introducing a system you should better read some topics on this forum and learn some systems that perform many times better then what you try to show.

A Par.Sar. is a good indicator in a strong trending market but so is a simple moving average. And your kaufman indicator will not help you in your method because when Par.Sar shows a signal the kaufman does 99% of the times the same.

With all do respect, I may sound rude, but thats how I feel after reading the presentation of a system like yours. Not with the system itself but that you try to claim that you only have 6 false signals on 85 trades and that you have a stoploss of 150 pips and an average win of 34 pips with a system that is so obvious it will perform very bad in a ranging market (with a system like that 15 consecutive losers is not impossible) and like I said your hitrate will not exceed the 30% instead of the 93% that you claim.

regards ..iGoR

Mr Trader

I dont write allot unless I feel that I could be helpful, cause I dont like to

clutter (crowd things) up, I find that when do want to say something, someone...else, says something close enough, and I dont like to spond

like a know it all...........................I totally agree............I think its great

that you posted!!! Keep with it, dont get discouraged and try just to

ignore anything distasteful and get only postive and productive information.

I dont sleep much......I trade mini accounts, and I think its wonderful and

great that your income for the last years been trading; Keep it up

...........with four kids, 4dogs,

cat......older relatives,illnessness, braces, debt, volin lessons....I even care

of two who dont have fathers......lololololo........for me its Trade or Die,

and my goal it to refine my approach manange my emotions and increase

income......so what I'm saying is....theres a certain a certain amount of

respect, that I have.......cause this is also your life, my life and the same

for some others.....this is life........one big boat, were paddling.....so we

got to keep it real, show respect, support and encouragement, insight and knowlege........keep it positve.

and I truely love the markets, postive energy........................

you have my support and admiration........

So it is true.............that somemarket conditions can kill you........I mean

one week for me its good then, I get beat up if I'm not careful...have stay on top of it, and not let it get away.....and keep what you earn

The key is.......avoiding harmful conditions......you can see them

on the chart; taking what you see, and expressing it......into

something you can use is key....taking profits is important and not

giving it all back.

(BRAINSTORMING)

Making good profits also help protect you for when things get difficult,

and after a certain number of cronic losses, delay your trades and check market activity.......wait........

You do need a filter, you do need to take a loss,

and when your right take all you can for that rainy day.

No filter, will get it all but, some is a start; then maybe another will

get a little more. Take profit......idea....when market remains in the

postive for certain time and is moving in " a profit direction" add another

lot.......take several profits all the way to the end during a big move,

that would be good and could be (and proabaly is somewhere) coded;

I ride move and then after looking at the conditions if give a good feedback

I actaully step away for a bit (get some tea) just to give myself a break and allow it ....allot of times to go further into profit, and mature some, and sometimes it starts to takeback......then I greatfully accept sum.

Envelope indicator is good, the band indicator with ajustable dev would

be nice.....on the envelope indicator, if you could flaten its lines

and make them lines which angle; or just place your profit target

a certain value below it (for long) say 20pips works sometimes, or

when your riding a large poision for (each individual symbol pair), maybe

write and EA tade manager that closes you out after you give back a

certain %percentage total (i.e. 100pip profit high turns from 100pips to 80pips

...20% close out.)......also only close in order of profit value; pair one at 80pips and pair two 50 pips, another at 30....one would be first or total

profit goal closed in order of the highest first...each mananged by the precentaged % factor. So one way you got visual, another you got blind

conditional management.

cheers.....................PEACEnLUV...man

Hi,

I've developed EA for this system.

So we can improve it with good exit strategy.

Note. BarsBack = 0 (default=1) you can use for real trade not for tests.

Also you must have Kaufman indicator in the indicators folder.

Igor

Files:

TOP !!!!! Thank you !!!!

igorad:
Hi,

I've developed EA for this system.

So we can improve it with good exit strategy.

Note. BarsBack = 0 (default=1) you can use for real trade not for tests.

Also you must have Kaufman indicator in the indicators folder.

Igor

Hi igorad !!

GREAT WORK !!!!

I will backtest it and post the results here as soon i have it !

THANKS THANKS THANKS !!!

mr.trader

Reason: