Newbee

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum as well as to the whole binary-trading-world. I admit, I was attracted to it by those 'easy-money-making videos on youtube. But I've got the impression most of them are just showing off to attract you to buy memberships, indicators or open an account. The latter I did (independently), on the promise to learn about binary trading from my 'personal accountant'. But so far I just learned, that I have to deposit more money in order to get the promised education.... 

Anyway, now here I am.

and my first question is a technical one; Is it normal, that my Metatrader4 seems to 'freeze' sometimes (no movement even the clock for 10 or more seconds)?

2) is there any forum section or knowledge base for complete idiots like me?

3) well, there is certainly more to come ;)

Any help is welcome.

thanks a lot.

thomthom:

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum as well as to the whole binary-trading-world. I admit, I was attracted to it by those 'easy-money-making videos on youtube. But I've got the impression most of them are just showing off to attract you to buy memberships, indicators or open an account. The latter I did (independently), on the promise to learn about binary trading from my 'personal accountant'. But so far I just learned, that I have to deposit more money in order to get the promised education.... 

Anyway, now here I am.

and my first question is a technical one; Is it normal, that my Metatrader4 seems to 'freeze' sometimes (no movement even the clock for 10 or more seconds)?

2) is there any forum section or knowledge base for complete idiots like me?

3) well, there is certainly more to come ;)

Any help is welcome.

thanks a lot.

For the first question, as I know, when your internet is down, when no new price comes, or when the market is closed .

If you're new in this world of trading, there's one general advice you should focus into... that is... no matter how tempting it is, never trade with real money if you're just starting out to learn this thing. Even if you think you've learn all these trading stuff, once you start out there's a big possibility... if not, guaranteed that you will loose.  Even if you have demo for a long time already there's a big chance that you will loose in you're very first real live account, so what's more if you didn't or don't have any idea of what the ins and out of trading.  If you're a beginner, demo will give you some sort of an idea, but it's the real thing that will teach you how to deal with it, and the only best way to really learn how to trade properly is when you loose your very first investment. 

to you're question:

1.  There's a lot of reason that can affect that so called freezing... from net connection, hardware computer, telecom service, allien space ships passing near your area, god freezes all traders around the world in 10 or more seconds,... and the worst is.... your broker's system is manipulating your trading so you could loose more... there's no perfect honest broker, they're all into this for one reason alone, and that is to make money out from their clients, so it means it's gonna be choosing the lesser evil amongst them on picking the right one.

2.  There's a lot in here, or google it, just type "complete idiots like me Trade" :) ... but I found one I like "babypips", search it.

Goodluck, hope you succeed over time, coz'your first one will surely not gonna do fine, but don't despair, I think most if not all lost their very first investment when they started out.

Should try with small money and lose few times and then you will know how to trade.

Hi and welcome to the world of trading!

Other reasons for MT4 freezing: too many charts open, price isn't moving ;)

I second what SearchSurf said. Babypips is a great place to start with learning. Demo Demo Demo and more Demo. And then when you have doubled your account in demo, deposit real money and watch how fast you lose it! LoL

Sucky thing is...psychology with your real money does tend to effect your trading. This is a lesson that you only learn with time and losing money!

Oh also...if you are in the USA, Nadex is the only legit binary option broker. They are regulated.

SearchSurf:

If you're new in this world of trading, there's one general advice you should focus into... that is... no matter how tempting it is, never trade with real money if you're just starting out to learn this thing. Even if you think you've learn all these trading stuff, once you start out there's a big possibility... if not, guaranteed that you will loose.  Even if you have demo for a long time already there's a big chance that you will loose in you're very first real live account, so what's more if you didn't or don't have any idea of what the ins and out of trading.  If you're a beginner, demo will give you some sort of an idea, but it's the real thing that will teach you how to deal with it, and the only best way to really learn how to trade properly is when you loose your very first investment. 

to you're question:

1.  There's a lot of reason that can affect that so called freezing... from net connection, hardware computer, telecom service, allien space ships passing near your area, god freezes all traders around the world in 10 or more seconds,... and the worst is.... your broker's system is manipulating your trading so you could loose more... there's no perfect honest broker, they're all into this for one reason alone, and that is to make money out from their clients, so it means it's gonna be choosing the lesser evil amongst them on picking the right one.

2.  There's a lot in here, or google it, just type "complete idiots like me Trade" :) ... but I found one I like "babypips", search it.

Goodluck, hope you succeed over time, coz'your first one will surely not gonna do fine, but don't despair, I think most if not all lost their very first investment when they started out.

Hi, thanks for your comment and encouragement. Sounds seriously promising (NOT!)

"your broker's system is manipulating your trading so you could loose more" - I've read about that before. But how does that whole thing really work? What do they get from tempering my trading? They make money from the percentage they keep, if you win, obviously. Then most probably they play around with my deposited money? But if I loose, 'the bank' gets the money, right? And if they manipulate my entry rate...?

I've already noticed (and not really understood), that on my demo-account I end sometimes 'OUT' even though the candle in the chart is far in. Or vice versa. But I guess, that's how the price really jumps sometimes?

By the way, I followed your advice out of couriosity and really got a result: "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Day Trading Like a Pro"!!! I'M NOT THE ONLY COMPLETE IDIOT! obviously...

But I follow the "babypips" for sure.

Thanks a lot.

Lorraine Pierce:

Hi and welcome to the world of trading!

Other reasons for MT4 freezing: too many charts open, price isn't moving ;)

I second what SearchSurf said. Babypips is a great place to start with learning. Demo Demo Demo and more Demo. And then when you have doubled your account in demo, deposit real money and watch how fast you lose it! LoL

Sucky thing is...psychology with your real money does tend to effect your trading. This is a lesson that you only learn with time and losing money!

Oh also...if you are in the USA, Nadex is the only legit binary option broker. They are regulated.

Thanks Lorraine,

I will definitely check out "babypips". And I will certainly stretch it a bit, before I start with real money, even though (after I made $5000 out of $1000 on my demo-account and thus deposited money in a real account) my 'personal account manager' is urging me to trade real money and "learn from him" in real trades.....

By the way, I lost $3700 of the demo already again by trying to apply, what I 'have learned and read' about indicators, candle patterns and trends. Maybe I need a real life teacher to explain? Obviously I'm still far from real-money-trading.

...and last, no, I'm not in USA. After some checks, I'm with 24options. Not sure yet though, if I like their style....

Thanh Hong Phuoc:
For the first question, as I know, when your internet is down, when no new price comes, or when the market is closed .
ok, let's say internet is not down (since Freestockcharts.com still sends fresh signals) and the market is open (oh, and my computer is switched on!) shouldn't a new candle start at sec zero and not at sec 24, even if there is no new price coming in?

thomthom :

Something you can do to avoid large losses is to study and use cents all, you will learn from this try it.

Try systems that work, use risk management.

Welcome and Good Trades.

thomthom:
ok, let's say internet is not down (since Freestockcharts.com still sends fresh signals) and the market is open (oh, and my computer is switched on!) shouldn't a new candle start at sec zero and not at sec 24, even if there is no new price coming in?
A candle can only print when there is price data. So if there is no price data for the first 24 seconds, there are no ticks, there is no candle. 

However, you also said that your clock freezes. As long as the market is open and you're connected to your brokers server, this should not happen. Only two things it could be is MetaTrader freezing (usually due to a badly coded indicator/EA) or your broker connection is temporarily lost.

thomthom:

Hi, thanks for your comment and encouragement. Sounds seriously promising (NOT!)

"your broker's system is manipulating your trading so you could loose more" - I've read about that before. But how does that whole thing really work? What do they get from tempering my trading? They make money from the percentage they keep, if you win, obviously. Then most probably they play around with my deposited money? But if I loose, 'the bank' gets the money, right? And if they manipulate my entry rate...?

I've already noticed (and not really understood), that on my demo-account I end sometimes 'OUT' even though the candle in the chart is far in. Or vice versa. But I guess, that's how the price really jumps sometimes?

By the way, I followed your advice out of couriosity and really got a result: "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Day Trading Like a Pro"!!! I'M NOT THE ONLY COMPLETE IDIOT! obviously...

But I follow the "babypips" for sure.

Thanks a lot.

"...They make money from the percentage they keep, if you win, obviously..."   -- not at all, in fact most brokers (if not all) looses when you win, and they get profit if you loose. 

Not all brokers takes fixed commissions, some adjust their commision on the spread, some deals your position to other and marks up the price a bit higher, some do both commision and spread markup ...all done in a computer system, normall transactions can already cause delay on the processing, what's more if there's an added feature on their processing, like... kept on checking each of all their clients order deal for a possible markup or slippage adjustment to their favor... and i think that would cause some additional delay, I'm not saying that this is the case on what you encountered freezing, but unless your broker does have something to do with it - search about marksup, slippage, re-quoting...

"I've already noticed (and not really understood), that on my demo-account I end sometimes 'OUT' even though the candle in the chart is far in. Or vice versa. But I guess, that's how the price really jumps sometimes?".... I'm not sure what you're saying but I think you are referring because of the "spread"... check out bid-ask prices, if you're new to your metatrader platform you probably want to enable the graph line on your chart on both bid and ask.

.."By the way, I followed your advice out of couriosity and really got a result: "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Day Trading Like a Pro"!!! I'M NOT THE ONLY COMPLETE IDIOT! obviously..." .... you were lucky, when I first searched and typed it on like that... the first thing that appearrd on my computer as top of my results was.... "You're the only Idiot that trades".... :(

Reason: