Meta Trader 5 Build 814 - page 4

The latest build does not work on my XP 64 bit. Is XP now obsolete?

7007903:
Support  (Microsoft security updates ) end in April 2014 so it's not obsolete yet.  Does MetaQuotes no longer support it ?  that is a different question,  where are the system requirements published ?

biantoro:

I already use build 815, but still I have a some problem when using static array for copying indicator value..

When I compile this code, show error "Cannot be used for static allocated array". Is there any change ? Because in the last build 803, there is no error like that.

Yes, the error exist. Please refer to the doc for ArraySetAsSeries, it cannot be used for static array.

To solve this, declare array as dynamic and later resize the array using ArrayResize .

double          MAValue[];   //--- declare as dynamic
   ArrayResize      (MAValue, 3);   //--- resize it
   ArraySetAsSeries (MAValue,true);

For those who still does not get the latest update (whic is funny, because all MT5 gets all the update), please restart the MT5 or open demo to MetaQuotes server.

phi.nuts:

Yes, the error exist. Please refer to the doc for ArraySetAsSeries, it cannot be used for static array.

To solve this, declare array as dynamic and later resize the array using ArrayResize .

For those who still does not get the latest update (whic is funny, because all MT5 gets all the update), please restart the MT5 or open demo to MetaQuotes server.

Thanks Phi.nuts, I already using dynamic array to solve that problem, but in the last build (803) we could use static array. I wonder why MQ change that? And until now there is no news about that, check in the topic https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/53 ("List of changes in Meta Trader Client Terminal builds").
List of changes in MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal builds
List of changes in MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal builds
  • www.mql5.com
See the "MQL5 Reference / Standard constants, enumerations and structures / Named constants / Other constants " section.

biantoro:
Thanks Phi.nuts, I already using dynamic array to solve that problem, but in the last build (803) we could use static array. I wonder why MQ change that? And until now there is no news about that, check in the topic https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/53 ("List of changes in Meta Trader Client Terminal builds").

Coz I've read some of your comments in this forum, ... so yes, I guess you can solve that easily :).

Coz my MT5 was updated to the latest MT5, I also look for MetaQuotes announcement for the latest MT5, but it looks like they're not publish it yet.

The error you're having was come from ArraySetAsSeries and so I search the forum to see if the same error had happened in the past. What I found is, in the past, with older MT5, ArraySetAsSeries can not be used for static array. So the error is nothing new.

http://www.google.com/search?q= array set as series site:https://www.mql5.com/en/forum 

biantoro:

I already use build 815, but still I have a some problem when using static array for copying indicator value..

When I compile this code, show error "Cannot be used for static allocated array". Is there any change ? Because in the last build 803, there is no error like that.

It is not error. Just warning. Please read documentation

Note

The AS_SERIES flag can't be set for multi-dimensional arrays or static arrays ...

7007903:
We'll check it. It must be no problem

Thanks phi.nut, also Thanks stringo,

I just curious about this, because in last build (803) I have make an EA and I use ArraySetAsSeries for static array and the EA work fine, and then I update to 814 build and show that error. I wish I can go back to 803 build and compile my EA again to see if this EA could really work.. BTW until now there is no announcement about 815 build, even in the russian forum, this seems unusual. I hope there is no problem.. Thanks

Documentation on MQL5: Array Functions / ArraySetAsSeries
Documentation on MQL5: Array Functions / ArraySetAsSeries
  • www.mql5.com
Array Functions / ArraySetAsSeries - Documentation on MQL5

biantoro:

Thanks phi.nut, also Thanks stringo,

I just curious about this, because in last build (803) I have make an EA and I use ArraySetAsSeries for static array and the EA work fine, and then I update to 814 build and show that error. I wish I can go back to 803 build and compile my EA again to see if this EA could really work.. BTW until now there is no announcement about 815 build, even in the russian forum, this seems unusual. I hope there is no problem.. Thanks

Can't you simply download a MT5 installer from a Broker and install to a different directory . . .  then verify you have build 803 and test in that installation.

biantoro:

I just curious about this, because in last build (803) I have make an EA and I use ArraySetAsSeries for static array and the EA work fine,

fine? "fine" means "no warning"?

It was not work never

biantoro don't panic. we just added warning only. to clarify possible misunderstanging of possible problems.

Question. How did you check static array's AsSeries state?

Reason: