newdigital, 2013.06.06 07:51
Thus, the most usual rules/signals (most usually used) for this indicator are the following:
1. main line of indicator is above or below some level indicating overbough/oversold
2. main and signal lines are started to move to our direction
3. main line of indicator is above or below 50
Item #1 was described on this thread. So, I am going to explain about #2 and #3 ... slowly as usually :) so :
more to folow ...
That is why I said that it is the example (as I am not a coder).
Just to finish totally with this first condition of Stochastic indicator - look at this image:
MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots
EURUSD, H1, 2013.06.06
MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo
do you like it?
Do you like it? yes ... but it is just 7 trades in a year only ... so - this is market condition setup (not for signals ... not for EAs/ creation ... not for manual trading ...).
- main line of indicator is above or below some level indicating overbough/oversold - discussed
- main and signal lines are started to move to our direction - will be discussed soon
- main line of indicator is above or below 50
I am going to continue and finish this thread this week ... I will need to collect my thinking abilities sorry :)
Thus, we discussed about the following: main line of the indicator is above/below some pre-selected level for overbough/oversould. Next one is coming (with the examples and EAs as well): main and signal lines are started to move to "our direction":
newdigital, 2013.06.03 19:17
So, rules for buy:
And opposite for sell.
For the next few posts - we will descuss about how to trade this setup (or how to use it), and what those rules mean.
is there some thing about time frame ?
mainly not. it is something related to the settings of Stochastic for example.
1. First case (slow stoch) - it was explained: slow stoch (main line) on bar #1 is below 20
2. Second case - to be explained - fast stoch on bar #1 is below 50
3. 3rd case
3.1. medium stoch on bar #2 is below 20
3.2. medium stoch on bar #1 is above 20
3.3. medium stoch main line on bar #1 is above medium stoch signal line on same bar #1
3.4. medium stoch main line on bar 2 < medium stoch main line bar #1
newdigital, 2013.06.03 19:07
For now - we can describe the trading rules for those 3 Stochastic indicators:
Something Interesting in Financial Video July 2013
newdigital, 2013.07.09 20:58
The Stochastic Oscillator contains two lines which are plotted below the price chart and are known as the %K and %D lines. Like the RSI, the Stochastic is a banded oscillator so the %K and %D lines fluctuate between zero and 100, and has lines plotted at 20 and 80 which represent the high and low ends of the range.
Please enable the necessary setting in your browser, otherwise you will not be able to log in.