MQL4 docs: "Attention: Priority of performing operations in MQL4 differs to some
extent from that conventional in the C language."
Question: Will MQL5 adhere to C languange conventions or will the precedence rules as tabulated in MQL4 docs still apply to MQL5 ?
Maybe they got sidetracked by TeamWox
This whole '5' scene reminds me of J.M. Barrie's Neverland
Rosh sent me a message after I asked him directly about MQL5 - Apparently its looking likely for Autumn this year.
Thats somewhat disappointing, but we're in the lap of the gods I suppose. Still - something to keep us busy this winter !!!
In principle I might agree with you. But:
1. If people think '5' is going to somehow almost magically improve their speed towards financial freedom, I believe they are mistaken.
2. MT4 works perfectly fine as is. All the primitives are there to effectively create most functionality needed. What I frequently witness on this and other MT forums is the lack of imagination on the posters part. btw... I am just as guilty of this blinkered mindset at times too - lol
3. It is easier to find fault outside - is harder to look inwards and objectively observe one's own narrow mindset which can be the root cause regards lack of harmonious relationship with MT4.
4. Can you imagine how much more misery is waiting in the wings for those thinking '5' is the answer ?
ie, to imagine that '5' is going to shoot out of the blocks to do a sub 10s 100m is, imho naive ;)
5. ALL the birthing pangs that '4' went through [and sometimes still does] will be there for all to experience when '5' hits the streets.
Of course, all above are my own [maybe] jaded views.
For me... I stick with MT4 as I firmly believe that
IF cannot make good income employing resources of MT4
THEN I will never be able to do it with '5' simply because there are other dynamics at work which I have failed to address - lol
I understand where you're coming from, but, to write complex EA's using a non object oriented language without classes and simple structures is far more difficult than it needs to be.
I can do it, I "do" do it, I'd prefer to do it with simpler & more structured code much the same as I've been doing at my "day job" for the last 28 years, MT4 has potential but its far from being comparable to anything serious in the development world. That's why there's so much new stuff planned in "5". Don't fear the future,the future makes you rich...
besides Classes, We would like Also to Have a Tracer like the one in Visual C
Dear stringo :)
I would like to ask and most kindly request, that you please make sure that on MT5 the Fibonacci tool will be the same and have the same fantastic features as now on MT4.
In my opinion, MT4 has the most advanced and best Fibonacci Retracement/Extension/Projection tool available, including: -0 levels, above 100 levels, individual text tags input (with hidden price code%$), and we need all of the 32 levels available as well (make that 40 levels actually if you can)!
---if we have these problems and they're pretty much similar with all brokers, maybe then you could issue some sort of tools that would prevent these errors or minimize them. Without API, traders can't do much, so at least you could give us some tools that would be MT native, instead of lenghtly coding and changing each EA to these new standards (that are present and all EA coders should use them for better EA operability)
I know a lot can be achieved by scripts and programming, but you should go over the internet and see that people are programming own things and from different sources, many of them are doing same thing... obviously such things then should be a part of MT
MT MULTITERMINAL SUGGESTION: please create EA support, so it's possible to run EA's inside MT MultiTerminal
Please enable the necessary setting in your browser, otherwise you will not be able to log in.