- Fix the tester (historical data corruption) - better ship this as a separate product
- Change the programming model to declarative and leave the implementation to the MT4 engine. Don't make the platform exist for its own purpose. IMHO adding more fancy stuff to the language is a step in a wrong direction. The underlying objective should be to allow to quickly write and test trading strategies, not spending most of the time on solving technicalities.
RE: Wish list MT5
I would also like to see an ask chart, with all the same functionalities as the standard bid chart has, if possible. And I would like to reiterate the importance of the worlds best Fibonacci tool in MT4, for thus to be carried over with all it's functionalities and possibilities to MT5. Thank you very much MQ team!
One question to the developers.
I understand that events will be risen from MT5 terminal. Can you confirm that OnBarClose and OnBarOpen will be included.
If so, when exactly OnBarClose will be risen. Will be time for any activity executed from OnBarClose before the actual bar closing:
One solution is OnClose event to be risen from MT terminal at estimated bar closing time: Time + Period * 60 - 2*PingToServer - ClosingTimeSpan
ClosingTimeSpan can be 0.1 - 1 sec. or user defined.
In that way not tick will be given during the ClosingTimeSpan or if any, it can be moved after OnBarOpen.
structure Tick.IsFirstTick properties.
// Something like OnBarOpen event
I have use MetaTrader for 3 years, Why I choose MetaTrader, because it fast and stable ~ ~
I have use other trading software that support auto-trading and debug step by step, however the cost is crash and forced to be close~ ~
I am here to see there are lots of improvements to MT5, but i am quite worry about it, i afraid those will affect MT5 stability and speed.
I think developer should choose stability first, when adding other fussy functions in MT5 ~~
I think debug step by step is fussy, and IsDecompiling() also fussy
1) Print and find out the variable value in the .log file, it already the best debug method;
2) if someone want to steal your idea, nomatter how you encrypt your code, your code still can steal/copy by them just backtest in visual mode, it easy to get the similiar idea of your Enter/Exit method~ ~
if u developing they and it make the terminal / metaEditor start slower
I hope you can stop them . Make a stop loss of your Time~ ~
Please be remind that MT5 main purpose is to test trading strategies performance quickly
Issue more stable and quicker MT5 is more important~ ~
so please decide which features must do, which feature can be eliminated
and sort the job schedule ( can't all feature publish in a same version, it need times to let user report bug ~ ~)
for the urgent, write it first ~ ~
I know -- To get a balance between stable and needy is not easy ^ ^
If the Mt5 being slow and unstable, the broker house may not use it
And those broker who use MT5 will cause user a trouble~ ~ it's like the tragedy of Windows Vista
I believe "Being Simple is the Best", lots of function let you can't concentrate to your main task !
Greetings I just joined discussion;
Please clearifiy Will MQL4/MT5 EA's run on MQL5/MT5, or do I have to learn the MQL all over again,
and convert everything from MQL4 to MQL5? Lots of work.
Please allow MQL4 coded ea's to run on The new MT5/MQL5.
Thanks in advance for your answer.
Also just a side note: my opinion and many others feel, that time would have been better spent on developing a "accurate and better ea and indicator back tester" instead of MT5,
we could develope and test indicators/eas better, and save time.
Simple and Clean, Stable ~ are very nice words.
I think MT4/ MQL4 is stable.
Please be remind that MT5 main purpose is to test EA performance quickly
Will there be structured variable also?
So i can create a single array that consist several fields/records for each element, instead of creating multiple array for each field/record
Greetings MQL Team.
Several suggestions/requests regarding MQL5, as I have been writing EAs and indicators in MQL4 for some time:
- DEFINITELY THE MOST IMPORTANT - please include object oriented features, it is really a pain in the... neck to code such stuff like GAs or NNs without OOP, 'cause one has to either write DLLs in external environments/programming languages (e.g. C# in VS2008) and then wrap it for MQL use or struggle in pure MQL without object programming; it would really be appreciated, especially that Automated Trading Championship rules clearly state "DLLs are forbidden" - so any usage of GAs or NNs in EA prepared for the contest is made really difficult 'cause it forces the developer to write it in MQL without object programming advantages
- DEBUGGER!! lack of debugger is an incredible mistake; having to print variable values to the journal in MT4 or to files is really, really not handy and consumes precious time that could be used on writing code instead of manually searching for results or possible bugs in such ways
- as someone has already mentioned, TrailingStop() function should be included - why not make it available for the EA, if a trader has such functionality when trading manually on MT4
- waiting for a tick to arrive, especially during night hours, is really a bad thing - maybe there should be a possibility to request server time on demand or just use time from the local machine
- in case you are not planning to implement OOP, how about providing ability to create structures - as someone has mentioned, it would be much easier to have structures instead of having to create multiple arrays