Interview with Stanislav Starikov: Features of New MQL5 - page 4

Hi Moderator,
Pls, why championship condition does NOT favour many currency pairs to chose to trade in championship.??

stringo:
What is event processing in the MQL5? Just appropriate functions like OnNewTick, OnNewBar, OnOrderClosed, OnPendingTriggered, OnAlert and so on placed in the events handling queue. That's all. Events handling (first part of event processing) is matter of MT5 not MQL5.

So MQL5 will support only events processing for events that are generated by MT5? And there is no language structure for user defined events generation and processing?

Isn't that too restrictive comparing to other modern programming languages?

stringo:
What is event processing in the MQL5? Just appropriate functions like OnNewTick, OnNewBar, OnOrderClosed, OnPendingTriggered, OnAlert and so on placed in the events handling queue. That's all. Events handling (first part of event processing) is matter of MT5 not MQL5.

Timers? DLL checks? External news events?!? I've extended MQL4 with Python, Network Sockets and DLLs to accomplish some of these tasks but the ability to even *call* code is really limited. You should fear my hack that is an equivalent of split(str,";") but I fear the limitations that made it necessary.

stringo:

Do not mix trade operations and processor threads.

It will be only one trade thread for all EAs

I can see reasons to have a single EA make multiple trade threads. Submitting both ends of a hedge as a single operation so the dealer desk doesn't slip them both and is more willing to hit the "Approve" button.

I don't want to derail this thread but I wrote a response regarding the information contained in the video announcing MQL5. https://forum.mql4.com/12328 Topics include MQ5 language features, intermediate bytecode discussion, and some MT5 requests. Easy fix now, hard to fix later.

Trade threads was discussed on this forum. We don't change our opinion for MT5 too. Only one thread for EA trading for one client terminal! This condition cannot be changed!

Is there any consideration putting 1 second TF on this next MT generation? If there isn't, why not?

Thanks..

itangsanjana:

Is there any consideration putting 1 second TF on this next MT generation? If there isn't, why not?

Thanks..

Brokers generally smooth the data a ton. Just write to a file every time you get a tick and you'll see you don't get enough ticks to justify 1sec timeframe. 15 second *maybe*.

Do the struct type will be used as external variables and so we can see in the Expert or indicator propoerties window as drop down list (I hope so).

What about String Global Variables? We need the Global Varaibles to be strings instead of Double. Double type is useless if we want to save important data.

Are you in the stage to accept more suggestions or you are in the final stage of the developments?

Another suggestion:

Why don't you auto complete the syntax and parameters of the custom functions like the Visual C++ do.

Example: I've created a function called MyFunction(string val1, int val2)

When I write this function in any line the editor pop the parameters for me (string val1, int val2) like the built in functions. This will save a lot of time and make the long programs easier to be developed.

Reason: