Experts: MTS "Neural network + MACD"

MTS "Neural network + MACD":

A variation on the Neuro nets topic: The trading system based on the interaction of the MACD indicator and a double-layer neuro net.

Author: Henadiy E. Batohov

Dear Batohov,

I'm a trader but not a programmer, and I'm deeply interested on neural networks. you are using an indicator to support trade decision, and MACD is a good one for signal trends, but it is a lagging indicator, so it is slow. there is another technique, in fact very simple but effective, and mainly faster to signal trend directions, which is the following:

Two exponential moving averages (5 and 10 period), combinated with RSI (14) and Stochastic 10,3,3. When the EMA 5 pass the EMA 10 growing with RSI over 50 growning and Stoch over signal growing and upper 20, there is a clear buying long signal, and the opposite also true. would be possible to incorporate it instead of MACD at your EA? I suppose you would get quicker and more steady results with this, specially because MACD doesn't work properly on flat markets as it keeps on signaling a trend where there is no trend but simple a constant up and down between two limits. On that case of flat markets the system i tell you, which is a combination of three informations doesn't signal any trend or suggest any buy, as it never arrives a complete combination of all the indicators. I would like to hear form you about this suggestion. My email is m.magalhaes.mag@netcabo.pt

My best regards.

netpacman

Hello again.

I'm testing your EA for a full day and during more than 6 hours t didn't make a single trade. is it normal or what?

netpacman

Everyone can copy a source code from  http://codebase.mql4.com/en/code/7917

Did you saw there a line: "Copyright © 2008, Yury V. Reshetov" ?

netpacman:

Hello again.

I'm testing your EA for a full day and during more than 6 hours t didn't make a single trade. is it normal or what?

netpacman

The problem here is that extern int pass = 4;

has no sence. there is no single stmt that check that and origoional script ment to use basetrading system ONLY when NN cannot handle it.

What happens if you try to use "contradictive criteria" This code is very raw.

netpacman:

Dear Batohov,

I'm a trader but not a programmer, and I'm deeply interested on neural networks. you are using an indicator to support trade decision, and MACD is a good one for signal trends, but it is a lagging indicator, so it is slow. there is another technique, in fact very simple but effective, and mainly faster to signal trend directions, which is the following:

Two exponential moving averages (5 and 10 period), combinated with RSI (14) and Stochastic 10,3,3. When the EMA 5 pass the EMA 10 growing with RSI over 50 growning and Stoch over signal growing and upper 20, there is a clear buying long signal, and the opposite also true. would be possible to incorporate it instead of MACD at your EA? I suppose you would get quicker and more steady results with this, specially because MACD doesn't work properly on flat markets as it keeps on signaling a trend where there is no trend but simple a constant up and down between two limits. On that case of flat markets the system i tell you, which is a combination of three informations doesn't signal any trend or suggest any buy, as it never arrives a complete combination of all the indicators. I would like to hear form you about this suggestion. My email is m.magalhaes.mag@netcabo.pt

My best regards.

netpacman

Very good advice. The only problem here. Th NN should be built differently. In original code 'Automated Trading System "Сombo"' NN suppose to work in case of a sideway (range) market when BTS is ment to work as a trendFollowing tool.

Hi,

I am a very beginner in the programming field. It happens that i have a trading strategy that might work well if i have a hybrid EA including NN. However,i couldnot afford time or effort to start learning everything about advanced programming, genetic algorithms or Neural networks. I surfed to find out if there is a software can enable me to build an EA without the need of advanced programming knowledge.Actually, if this will work, i could design, my what i call it, prototype EA. If this prototype EA shows promising results, i might go further to professionally produce it. For example, by hiring a professional programmer or contacting a reputable programming company.

Now, i found Neuroshell software could satisfy me with my need in this area of designing and building an EA without much programming knowlege.

My wondering, if you know guys any of their compititors that i could look at and make a fair comparison based on my needs and what they offer so i could decide which one i will go for??

Thanks for you patience and time

Hope to hear from you soon.

Email: McGene2010@yahoo.com

Reason: