The Expert Advisor BotMAn uses Moving Average data and an adaptation block. The entry/exit points are located at the points of intersection of the moving averages. The direction is determined by the adaptive system of the Expert Advisor using values of the moving averages.
- First MA Period - period of the first moving average indicator;
- First MA Method - averaging method of the first indicator;
- Second MA Period - period of the second moving average indicator;
- Second MA Method - averaging method of the second indicator;
- Adaptation Level - level (in points) that is used by the adaptive subsystem, must be a positive value;
- Fixed Lot - fixed lot value;
- Variable Lot - variable lot as a percentage of free margin.
The screenshots demonstrate the backtest results. The test was conducted on EURUSD and M1 timeframe in the "Every tick" mode, test period was 2013.01.07 - 2013.07.06. The settings were: fixed lot of 0.1, the period of the first indicator - 270, the method of averaging - Simple, the period of the second indicator - 100, the method of averaging - Exponential, the adaptive level - 40 points.
The trailing mechanisms works as follows:
- If the Trailing Stop parameter is set to zero, the option is disabled.
- If Trailing Stop is less than Stop Loss, the mechanism is enabled as soon as the position profit exceeds or becomes equal to the Trailing Stop value.
- In other cases the trailing mechanism is enabled as soon as an order is placed.
If Stop Loss and/or Take Profit are not zero, orders can also be closed when reaching the corresponding price levels.