MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 687

line continue  (1)
How can i make a trend line draw from i high or low point and continue to stay at the price horizontal until price touches again
Hi, Not something very important, but I am curious, and as I can't easily find an answer, I ask the community. Is there someone who knows the exact meaning of these numbers in Strategy tester Journal tab, at the end of a test : 2014.12.18 18:11:43.383    GBPUSD,M1: 1577234 tick events (1578234 bars,...
[Deleted]
Hi, I have a beginner's question. What is the preferred way of exchanging information between an indicator and an EA? To be more specific, I have a custom Indicator that looks for candle patterns, and depending on what pattern is detected, I want to use different Trendindicators for filtering. First...
//|                                             single rectangle.mq4 |//+------------------------------------------------------------------+#property copyright "Chart Shapes 2014©"#property version   "1.00"//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Script program start...
sir: when draw costum indicator in DRAW_HISTOGRAM, it is drawn in candles. how to draw it in stck mode ?
Very annoying. Every program I've tested works except Metatrader 4
[Deleted]
Have noticed something weird with ArrayBSearch... Code snippet here: int OnStart(){       int arr[6] = { 1,                   2,                   2,                   2,                   2,                    5 };        const int idx1 = ArrayBsearch(arr, 5, WHOLE_ARRAY, 0,...
[Deleted]
  loop iteration  (5)
Hello, I was hoping someone could help me.  This loop will only iterate 6 times when it should iterate 10. #property copyright "Copyright 2014, MetaQuotes Software Corp." #property link      "https://www.mql5.com" #property version   "1.00" #property strict #property show_inputs...
  'OnTick' and OnTimer  (12   1 2)
I would like to run my EA at a predefined interval irrespective of when/ if the EA gets any new ticks from the server. I am trying something like this extern int     _tick = 1;//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Start...
Dear users: Im trying to code an indicator that shows the MA and EMA of the Volume bars. I have managed to successfully code the SMA but with the EMA, Im getting some issues and I cannot advance. I have detected some stacks overflow also. Anyway below is my code and I dont think I have it good at
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, I could not find it, but if there is already a thread addressing this, please send me there. I am looking for a US Broker who will allow me to trade a large range of markets on the MT4 platform.  I've been using a demo account through a broker called PipIndex, only to find out they...
Like the title, is it possible debug MQL4 code in backtest mode? Sometimes I need to test particular cases and I have no time to wait on real time. What I wish is a debugger to test step by step a code under particular conditions (i.e. when a varaible value is.. or when the time is >= ...).
  EA Based on PSAR  (1)
Can anybody help me to design one very Simple EA.... Time Frame - H1 Script - EURUSD It will be a SAR system Based on PSAR Indicator.... Trade Qty will start from 1 as Capital grows to Double Qty should be double too.... Please help me
[Deleted]
Hello, is it possible to create a script, ea or something else which sets the stop-loss to the actual Parabolic SAR level? For example: Open a long position, the SAR shows at this point a short-signal but it doesn't matter because you set a -maybe- default stop-loss. At the point, the SAR switches...
Hey there, i found an indicator that got a weird problem at the code but i don't know what it is i would be glad if someone could help me with it so basically the problem is that when i drop this indicator on the chart or refreshing the chart the indicator will show false picture, but when i leave
[Deleted]
Hi, it happens on many products (equity indexes, commodities, currencies..). Click on Chart Window to get the chart and the error message about chart41.chr is retrieved: C:\Program Files (x86)\MT4 at easy-forex\profiles\Market Overview\chart41.chr was not found Is there anyone that could help me...
[Deleted]
This code used to work fine for me from March 2014 until now, then I went and compiled and tested it in a new build and this part of my code isn't working properly. //==============================//      HTTP REQUEST          ////==============================#define READURL_BUFFER_SIZE...
If I have A1[],A2[],A3[] variables and another integer i, is there the possibility, in mql4 programming, to use something like A&&i[] for A1[],A2[],...?For example:A1[1]=10;i=1;B=Ai[1]; (macro substitution)thanks
[Deleted]
Hello! Every optimization there is that log file created (...\MT4\...\\tester\logs). Is there a way to turn it off? I need to delete it before every new optimization test due there are already done test cycles skipped if I don´t. I export data to csv so I need to run every cycle. Thanks for any
[Deleted]
can any one help me what is the difference between Indicators and Expert Advisor..?
  Update MQL4 600 & Named Pipes  (34   1 2 3 4)
Hello, After this recent update, I am now unable to capture the call count from one instance of my MT4 terminal to relay it onto another MT4. Can you tell me what has changed in the update that causes this issue? Below is the code that continues to work fine with build 509 but not after this recent
The problem is I can't get the previous wave highest and lowest values. and also can get current wave values.  
how  many  buffur may used in an indicator ? in updated MQL ?
Hi,  Please help me with a script that will convert the following MT4 date to regular date i.e. day/month/year   start_date=1388534400end_date=1415059200 many thanks 
[Deleted]
  .ex4 problems.  (4)
Gday. I created an .ex4 file through IronFX EA builder. After generating the code in the program outputted as .ex4, it says I should place it in /expert and it shall pop up on my EA tab in navigator. Though its no where to be found... How do I solve this prob? Thx.
[Deleted]
  2 Loops into each other  (16   1 2)
Morning, i want to use a loop with different 2 variables. How does this work? for (int j; j >= 1 ; j--) && (int i; i >=1 ; i)    {    Formula[j,i] = (3*j+i*2)    }
Hello everyone,  I have seen a few threads where the code for once per bar trading is explained, but I am really new to programming so I can't fix it myself :/  Also, if someone could help me out with inputting a part of code for the size of a bar I would appreciate it as well, for example if the...
[Deleted]
Hi all, Is there a free way to get historical Rate info data from .NET (C#) application?  Thanks,  
[Deleted]
Morning I am a new member  on mt4 On my chart I have 2 lines   kevinator sell line and kevinator buy line  What are this lines  and how to trade with???  I have not enter indicator as Kevinator ?? Thanks Madrosat 
Hi all. Trying to trade a breakdown of the morning flat on EURUSD and EURGBP. From 23 to 06 I am stretching the linear regression channel and setting targets at 161.8 pro Fib. Stop at the opposite end. The question is, are there any other pairs that have interesting narrowing ranges to trade? It is