Some confusion with OrderSelect()

Hello,

I have a question related to the OrderSelect() command.

For Open and Pending orders, does this command use the information stored in the Client Terminal. In other words, working with information stored physically on my PC ?

Or is it sending a request to the Broker?

For trades coming from the order history, according to the reference manual, the info is taken from the client terminal. Although I have not been able to find this history file.

The manual is not very clear about this.

If one of you has an idea how this works, his/her tip is much appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Im relatively new too, but I know the Account History tab in the platform holds the trade info.

waiting on answer too now :-)

for Open and Pending = Broker

for History = Local

Thanks ubzen.

Where are the files stored and is there a way to force refresh them?

Hi forexCoder

Why would you like to force these files to refresh? Is there a specific reason?

These files are under the control of the Client Terminal and will be updated when the relevant events happen.

History tab -> right click -> all history

@JuergZimmermann

Well it was just a thought. If the data for orders in history is stored localy and for any reason they fail to update when current orders fall into history-land or if you wish to perform a check on the validity of the data... Technically i just wanted to know how MT4 knows that its local files truly reflect what's happening on the server and if there was a way to MAKE sure in a EA or indi that the data is correct, so that's why I asked about force refreshing it :)

My second thought was that any data stored localy could be corrupt or manipulated, so I wanted to know where it was :)

@WHRoeder, thanks but i wanted to know from the mql4 command perspective.

Reason: