HELP with Proofreading comment - page 2

RaptorUK:
Did you follow all the guidelines ? for example " All images must be small, it is not recommended to exceed 750х500 pixels. "

Yes

After i received your helpful comment on the previous round (thank you) I corrected the picture size to meet the maximum (current size 732x450).

I resubmitted with the new picture and received the comment back.

"Unfortunately, there are some remarks on your code
-
-
-
Please revise it according to the remarks."

deVries:

Make it design the trendline

Set as inputparameters T2 and T1 and if the trendline with name "input TrendName" (Fib1) is not found on chart then create that trendline....

There is already one that does that. (http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=261217 #3 Fibos_v5)

I did not want it to do that.

I use fibo's to look for confluence and put several different fibo's on the same visible section of the chart

Edit: this would all probably make more sense when presented with all the information that was to to accompany the Code Base post

smoknfx:

bdeyes,

would you mind telling me, in your own words, what is the benefit or advantage for you to get your code posted in the code base?

kind regards,

zero/.

Just paying back.

Looking at the code and following the knowledge shared in this forum and the Code Base is how I learned to write MQL4 and some of this stuff I have written might be useful to someone else. No point in recreating the wheel over and over.

bdeyes:

Just paying back.

Looking at the code and following the knowledge shared in this forum and the Code Base is how I learned to write MQ4 and some of this stuff I have written might be useful to someone else. No point in recreating the wheel over and over.

it is nice to cross paths with you, kind sir.

have a wonderful day,

edward.

Ickyrus:

I'd turn

into a function call to make the code easier to read.

that is a function call.

if there a better way to do that, I take advice.

A Follow-up

Have heard back from a MQ that the current delay with publishing my code has to do with an issue with the image, apparently something is happening to the image when they convert/prepare it for publishing, not clear what the issue is as I cannot see the issue at my end but I think it has to do with pulling the charts from my high res monitor (2560x1600).

I believe that this info should have been included in the correction notice I received (see notice in my first post here). I think it is pretty pointless to send out blank correction notices so I have to believe that there might still be a problem in the system as I have received several in my attempts to post this particular code.

However the real reason for this follow-up post is that the proofreader did provide some useful information upon my request for clarification of the correction notice and I thought others might find it helpful

• All images must not exceed 750 pixels in width. If you insert an image of greater width, on saving it will be automatically reduced with significant loss of quality.
  • Make screenshots immediately in the right size. Do not try to reduce size of large pictures in graphical editors. In almost all cases of resizing, image quality become worse.

My images meet all the rather minimalist image requirements listed in the instructions for getting code published, but I did not use the highlighted procedure above.

I don't know where this information was pulled from but it seems to me that would be useful information to be included in the code publishing instructions.

PS: got the code published

Reason: