To sell or trade your own signals

Many signal/system sellers face this question: If your signals/system are really as good as you claim, why do not you trade them yourself? Many sellers could not answer such question, or stay still not knowing what to say!

I am not going to defend system/signals sellers, because many if not most are scammers. However, there are real honest ones. Some of those real honest ones fail at some time. Some continue to win.

Now stop for a while. Think for a few seconds. Assume for some moments that you, as a trader, discovered a system which works very well; A system which is a winner; A system which accepts losses, but overall is a winner. A profitable system which makes 200 pips a month on average.

Now ask yourself a question. What is better, to trade this system yourself and never tell anyone about it? Or sell this system/signals for other desperate traders?

A good marketer can find 200 subscribers for his system at a rate of 100 USD per month. This will bring an income of 20,000USD per month for this seller. Let us be more pessimistic, suppose he could only bring 50 subscribers. Then his income would be 5,000 USD per month.

This income comes stress-free. He is sure about his systems, but there are some losing months, however his system makes 200 pips per month on average. (An average promising system.), but why put himself in stress. Maybe he is not disciplined enough to follow his own signals? Maybe his system needs a 25,000 USD account to pass the biggest drawdown, and he is not willing to put such an amount in trade.

So, my opinion on this matter is do not attack system/signals seller just for the sake of attacking. Do your own diligence. Beware, maybe 90% of signal sellers are either scammers or do not know what they are doing. But there are a few signal sellers out there who are honest and provide a good reliable service. As you read those lines, you yourself could have a good system, or you yourself could be a good trader, and all of you know that there are 5% of traders who are winners. So why should not one of those people have a signal provider service? There exist such people who provide it.

Finally, the only thing that could protect you from scams is doing your own diligence, read ratings at other sites, read the signals seller own forum, pose questions, and conclude the result.

Good Luck

Regards

Yanni

http://www.myfxreport.com

-

Agree with you jgerousis, if someone has valuable knowledge.. why not to sell it?

I agree with what you say guys, I though aswell to sell my system at the beginning, but as Im not a good seller, but a good trader Im sure i wouldnt sell anything to anybody.

I use the system for myself, making around 500 pips a month, with a 5000$ income.

Its a pity, I know, having a good system and be able to risk/reward so low amounts..but thats life

I heard about some scammers which made a very good implicit marketing strategy on forums and then sold their 'fake' signals and made almost a milion in 6 months...

But we cant blame only the seller..which maybe is not good in trading, but very good in marketing

I believe that trading is very hard and very harmful for retail trders.

When your money are involved , unless you make 50.000$ a month (but this mean that you are already quite rich) it doenst worth. thats why I coded my syste into an ea and e it run 24x24 and cash money (still not ready, but very close to the end)

Some seller are legit, some are scam. It happens everywhere, not only in forex, just put some respect to our logic.

etts:
I agree with what you say guys, I though aswell to sell my system at the beginning, but as Im not a good seller, but a good trader Im sure i wouldnt sell anything to anybody.

I use the system for myself, making around 500 pips a month, with a 5000$ income.

Its a pity, I know, having a good system and be able to risk/reward so low amounts..but thats life

I heard about some scammers which made a very good implicit marketing strategy on forums and then sold their 'fake' signals and made almost a milion in 6 months...

But we cant blame only the seller..which maybe is not good in trading, but very good in marketing

I believe that trading is very hard and very harmful for retail trders.

When your money are involved , unless you make 50.000$ a month (but this mean that you are already quite rich) it doenst worth. thats why I coded my syste into an ea and e it run 24x24 and cash money (still not ready, but very close to the end)

maybe you would share your system with fellow traders. Please email me ea so I include it on Download Free Expert Advisors with other successful EAs.

Regards

Its a shame that many try to sell signals, but never allow one to trial even for a month. A few days or even two weeks proves nothing in my book. I think these sellers should provide a cheap discount trial before saying we must pay full price. There was one poster in this forum giving free signals as a trial, the results were great though I never traded them, but then all of a sudden this week the signals were getting killed, but slowly recovered.

Even if one provided signals, there are many disadvantages to it. signals had no S/L until later on nor targets. By the time one gets the signal, price had already moved too much whether the signal be good/bad. The best way would be for these sellers to trigger their trades on your MT platform to prove their honesty whether it be in demo or live mode.

Just don't fooled in buying some service and getting screwed just to find that it was a total waste of money or did not even help in your trading. Whatever commentaries or words they post of those who give a thumbs up to their system, don't you think they may be fake people or people or are in someway associated with the product.

well, well, well

Its a shame that many try to sell signals, but never allow one to trial even for a month.

Really? that sounds like a scam for me I would prefer to find out how succesful traders think and what tools they use and how they use them.

yeaaah i,m one of those.. despreate trader

Reason: