Identifying timeframes

Hello, fellow fxmasters!I need a great assistance concerning the usage of 1 minute, 15 minutes, 1 hour, 1 day, etc in different currency pair. Does each pair has its own unique timeframe or you can use anyone you like?Also, sometimes, 1m timeframe may indicate an upward trend while 1 hour or so indicates a downtrend. When I see this, I become confused and unable to know the suitable one to use.I will be very glad to get this problem solved and this confusion stopped.Kenny

hi kenny,

You can use your own timeframe (depending on your style). Different timeframes will sometimes show opposing trends and sometimes the same trends. If you're confused and can't trade MTFs, I suggest you stick to one timeframe as a start.

Perhaps you'll like to check out either the 30m/1hr/4hr TFs. As one of my mentors used to say, one chart, one heart.

Let me know if that helps!

I've read this one during my lessons of Forex..

"One of the main reasons traders don’t do well as they should is because they’re usually trading the wrong timeframe for their personality. New traders will want to learn how to get rich quick so they’ll start trading small timeframes like the 1-minute or 5-minute charts. Then they end up getting frustrated when they trade because it’s the wrong timeframe for their personal"

First, try daily timeframe, if you can make profit in daily timeframe, shorter timeframe will make your loss fater

First, try daily timeframe, if you can make profit in daily timeframe, shorter timeframe will make your loss fater

sorry, double post

Reason: