What is your favorite strategy ? - page 8

Frederic Metraux #: Am I the only one who loves news trading? I think it is the best because volatility is guaranteed.
yes, unpopular opinion, but news trading is quite easy if you know what to look for/read/study before the news event, coupled with a little bit of technical analysis you cannot go wrong.. also trading the right currency pairs while avoiding charts like US30, Nasdaq, Ger30 etc etc, the overhyped ones

I am doing only scalping. Everything else is boring.

use these three scalping, martingale and grid strategy combine together and avoid news trading It will work out with handsome profit. 

Also trade in smaller timeframe around 15min to 30min chart.

Trend

Breakout Scalping US time, small traling stop and hilde SL

NGUYEN NGHIEM DUY #:
Breakout Scalping US time, small traling stop and hilde SL

my strategy only measured move + fibo

Frederic Metraux #:
Am I the only one who loves news trading? I think it is the best because volatility is guaranteed.
I love news trading too.  Instant satisfaction.

My favorite
1. Harmonic + numerology levels
2. Gann squares
3. Astro levels

Scott Allen #:

My newest strategy/algo that's working really well is pretty simple:

1. Entry signal when fast MA crosses slow MA
  2. Filter out based on trend so you don't just ride the slow MA sideways back and forth
  3. Optionally only trade in the direction of the slow MA trend (matters on some symbols/timeframes, not on others)
  4. Exit when price crosses the fast MA (option to exit on touch vs close)
  5. Time of day filter

It doesn't work well on all symbols and timeframes, but it works on enough. Best part is, it's simple enough to resist over-tuning. The symbols/timeframes it works on, it works with common MA values, like 9/100 or 20/200, and is at least profitable on all the nearby values.

S&P500, M15, MA 19/200, 6 years:

Nikkei 225, M15, MA 30/200, 6 years:

Hi Scott

Thanks for sharing your strategy.

Could you please tell :

-What time of day ?

-Any specific method for take profit and stop loss?

Alireza #:

Hi Scott

Thanks for sharing your strategy.

Could you please tell :

-What time of day ?

-Any specific method for take profit and stop loss?

Time of day:  whatever the optimizer says.  I have inputs for start hour and end hour and just run the optimizer. I don't try to figure out trading sessions and time zones - just let the data tell me.

Stop loss:  initial stop loss is based on an ATR multiple -- again, it's an input, so whatever the optimizer says

Trailing stop / take profit are the same:  Exit when price crosses the fast MA (option to exit on touch vs close).

Reason: