I Dont believe it

Hi all,

I have downloaded the demo version of MT5. I cant see any files for displaying stocks. This is the only reason I downloaded the bloody thing. I dont believe it

Thanks 

You can check this thread too: MQL5: only forex?

and this one: Looking for a CFD broker > MT4/MQL5

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to Start with Metatrader 5

Sergey Golubev, 2016.03.30 13:07

from this article:  MetaTrader 5 Gateways & Connectivity

==========

Liquidity Providers (ECN)

ECNs (Electronic Communication Networks) provide liquidity when using MetaTrader 5. We have developed gateways to the most well-known providers, and any MetaTrader 5 broker can now make use of their services:

1. Integral
  2. CitiFX Pro
  3. Hotspot FX
  4. FastMatch
  5. Currenex

Our gateways not only give access to liquidity providers but also provide maximum speed of executing operations. Moreover, these gateways are fairly simple and secure solutions allowing brokers to quickly connect to a provider and use its services.

Stock Exchanges

MetaTrader 5 has been developed as a multi-market platform. Nowadays, it can be used not only for arranging Forex trading but also for working on stock exchanges:

1. Moscow Exchange (former RTS)
  2. Singapore Mercantile Exchange (SMX)
  3. Dubai Gold and Commodities Exchange (DGCX)
  4. Global Board of Trade (GBOT)
  5. BM&FBOVESPA (Brazilian stock exchange)
  6. Ukrainian Exchange
  7. Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME)
  8. Warsaw Stock Exchange (WSE)
  9. Australian Securities Exchange (ASX)
  10. Turkish Derivatives Exchange (TURKDEX)

Thanks Sergey,

I have taken a look at those links you have provided. it all looks a little too complicated for me. Also I have the added problem in that many of the brokers that support MLQ5 are unavailable to clients living in the UK such as myself. Only yesterday I tried to open an account with ThinkorSwim provided through Ameritrade but the UK is not supported. Not to worry I may move from the UK soon in any case. Thanks Again 

Just be glad you're not an American, as they can't even hedge so they look for brokers to bypass this asinine rule.

I would stick with MT4 as it's way better supported by brokers compared to MT5 which is more geared towards equity markets et al.

pipsqueak1:

Just be glad you're not an American, as they can't even hedge so they look for brokers to bypass this asinine rule.

I would stick with MT4 as it's way better supported by brokers compared to MT5 which is more geared towards equity markets et al.

You are completely off-topic.
Reason: