Demo account password in MT5 (MetaQuotes)

How do I find out the password of my current demo account (opened with MetaQuotes-Demo) in MT5? It is remembered by the platform, so I do not have to enter it now, but I'd like to trade this account from another PC and it will ask for my password there.
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

enivid:
How do I find out the password of my current demo account (opened with MetaQuotes-Demo) in MT5? It is remembered by the platform, so I do not have to enter it now, but I'd like to trade this account from another PC and it will ask for my password there.

Hi enivid,

It's in the mail ! :). Login the account you want to trade > open MT5 toolbox Ctrl + T > click Mailbox tab > double click subject : account registration (the subject title may different with each broker).> there you have it.

:D 

onewithzachy:

Hi enivid,

It's in the mail ! :). Login the account you want to trade > open MT5 toolbox Ctrl + T > click Mailbox tab > double click subject : account registration (the subject title may different with each broker).> there you have it.

Yeah, I know that there should be a registration message in my Mailbox, but the fact is that there is no such message. I have two messages there: "Welcome!" - it just lists the features of MT5, and "[EN, RU] MetaTrader 5 for iPhone with Charts Already Available".
MetaTrader 5 - iPhone/iPad Mobile Trading Software
  • www.metatrader5.com
MetaTrader 5 for iPhone/iPad is a mobile trading software, that allows you to connect to a trade server, receive quotes, trade and view the history of your trades.

enivid:
Yeah, I know that there should be a registration message in my Mailbox, but the fact is that there is no such message. I have two messages there: "Welcome!" - it just lists the features of MT5, and "[EN, RU] MetaTrader 5 for iPhone with Charts Already Available".

Hi envvid,

I have 2 MetaQuotes demo, 1 Alpari UK and FS and MigBank, and I have all those emails registration. Did you delete those email or did you reinstall the MT, coz Alexx (Admin) in other topics just point out here : security system (click that). All I know if we reinstall MT we lose those emails, coz I don't have passwords of my previous accounts.

I don't have that iPhone message though. Anyway, is there any problem opening a new demo ?.

onewithzachy:

Hi envvid,

I have 2 MetaQuotes demo, 1 Alpari UK and FS and MigBank, and I have all those emails registration. Did you delete those email or did you reinstall the MT, coz Alexx (Admin) in other topics just point out here : security system (click that). All I know if we reinstall MT we lose those emails, coz I don't have passwords of my previous accounts.

I don't have that iPhone message though. Anyway, is there any problem opening a new demo ?.

I don't know how, but obviously that message was deleted - either by me or in re-installation process. That's why I am asking how to retrieve my password. Opening a new demo account is not an option since I have open trades there and about 2 years of history I still need.

enivid:
I don't know how, but obviously that message was deleted - either by me or in re-installation process. That's why I am asking how to retrieve my password. Opening a new demo account is not an option since I have open trades there and about 2 years of history I still need.

Hi enivid,

I think you full aware that those are encrypted in our computer. May good idea to write to service desk, tell them the account number and account name, and ask them to reset the password but not the history. See what they can do.

From my MT5 I just change my demo password, so I think they can reset your demo password too, from their side.

I've created a service desk ticket, but I doubt they will be able to solve it. Is there some password decoder for MT5?

enivid:
I've created a service desk ticket, but I doubt they will be able to solve it. Is there some password decoder for MT5?

Hi enivid,

MT password decoder ?, No, I don't think there is one. If there is one, I hope it fail :). 

It's their server. they should be able to do that. Anyway, what's their answer ? Uh, ... they probably haven't in the office yet.

Asterisk Key and Password Viewer didn't help :(.

enivid:

Asterisk Key and Password Viewer didn't help :(.

Hi enivid,

1. What the service desk say ?

2. I know this sound crazy - so please don't blame me for an error, probably will not make it anyway coz it's been 2 years :( :

1. Hard disk recovery. Google that and search at download.com,

2. Run System Restore ?, Before you do that, run some SFC (System File Checker) first and ALWAYS RESTART after running SFC. Here's SFC for XP (click here) and  Vista/7 (click here).

Be careful now. 

[EDIT : I forget. Windows Easy Transfer. Try to use that and transfer whole MT installation (Program Files & App Data, etc) and perhaps your system setting too using Windows Easy Transfer to your new computer. AFAIK, it also records registry and so it record your password as well.] 

CNET Download.com
  • download.cnet.com
CNET is the premier destination for tech product reviews, news, price comparisons, free software downloads, videos, and podcasts.

1. The Service Desk is silent.

2. And what shall I recover?

3. I doubt it will work with VPS. But thanks for suggestion.

Reason: