It's in the mail ! :). Login the account you want to trade > open MT5 toolbox Ctrl + T > click Mailbox tab > double click subject : account registration (the subject title may different with each broker).> there you have it.
I have 2 MetaQuotes demo, 1 Alpari UK and FS and MigBank, and I have all those emails registration. Did you delete those email or did you reinstall the MT, coz Alexx (Admin) in other topics just point out here : security system (click that). All I know if we reinstall MT we lose those emails, coz I don't have passwords of my previous accounts.
I don't have that iPhone message though. Anyway, is there any problem opening a new demo ?.
I think you full aware that those are encrypted in our computer. May good idea to write to service desk, tell them the account number and account name, and ask them to reset the password but not the history. See what they can do.
From my MT5 I just change my demo password, so I think they can reset your demo password too, from their side.
MT password decoder ?, No, I don't think there is one. If there is one, I hope it fail :).
It's their server. they should be able to do that. Anyway, what's their answer ? Uh, ... they probably haven't in the office yet.
1. What the service desk say ?
2. I know this sound crazy - so please don't blame me for an error, probably will not make it anyway coz it's been 2 years :( :
1. Hard disk recovery. Google that and search at download.com,
2. Run System Restore ?, Before you do that, run some SFC (System File Checker) first and ALWAYS RESTART after running SFC. Here's SFC for XP (click here) and Vista/7 (click here).
Be careful now.
[EDIT : I forget. Windows Easy Transfer. Try to use that and transfer whole MT installation (Program Files & App Data, etc) and perhaps your system setting too using Windows Easy Transfer to your new computer. AFAIK, it also records registry and so it record your password as well.]
1. The Service Desk is silent.
2. And what shall I recover?
3. I doubt it will work with VPS. But thanks for suggestion.