Discussion of article "3 Methods of Indicators Acceleration by the Example of the Linear Regression"

New article 3 Methods of Indicators Acceleration by the Example of the Linear Regression is published:

The article deals with the methods of indicators computational algorithms optimization. Everyone will find a method that suits his/her needs best. Three methods are described here.One of them is quite simple, the next one requires solid knowledge of Math and the last one requires some wit. Indicators or MetaTrader5 terminal design features are used to realize most of the described methods. The methods are quite universal and can be used not only for acceleration of the linear regression calculation, but also for many other indicators.

Author: Andrew

Very good and usefull article but I have one question.

If we use the Moving Totals method is true that the indicator gain a lot of speed but this mean to add 4 auxiliary buffers wich will increase memory consumption.

So the question is wich method is better the Standard method wich use less memory or the Moving Totals method wich use more memory but is faster?

Hi,

,,It creates regression function at each bar (according to the defined number of the last bars) and shows what value should it have at that bar''

But how can I calculate slope of the latest regression line (I know the last point only, which forms the curve)...

Thanks for help

Petr

Hello

Thanks for this article. But Could you please tell me how to call your methods inside my MQL5 code? I do not understand how to do it, i don't understand the list of parameters inside your methods. how can i get the value returned by the linear regression at a given moment inside my code after integrating yours?

Reason: