Trailing TP - page 21

Vladimir Baskakov #:
Your trailing is nonsense, you have to keep the terminal on at all times. You need to have the terminal always on. You have gone over it for 10 pages again, you theorist.

No. It's not. And you, as the owner of a huge practice, should know that.

Georgiy Merts #:

No. It's not. And you, as the owner of a huge practice, should know that.

When you've made a dollar, you can talk about it then. So far, in 10 years, you've got zero.

Vladimir Baskakov #:
When you make a dollar, you can talk your way out of it. So far, in 10 years, you've got zero.

Well, you have exactly the same amount. But you stink up the forum a lot.

Georgiy Merts #:

Well, you have exactly the same amount. But you stink up the forum a lot.

I just don't like demagogy.
There's a service called Signals. You can watch in real time as the man trades and make conclusions. You can open a demo account and show you the draw and take profit, at least for a month. It is not difficult.

Vladimir Baskakov #:
I just don't like demagoguery.
There's a service called Signals. You can watch how this guy trades in real time and draw conclusions. Open a demo account and show you the draw and take and profit, even if it's just for a month. It is not difficult.

For whom? Who needs it? You don't even need it, otherwise you would have created your own demo account. Why are you suggesting I open it when nobody needs it?

I have an account, it's small, but it's real.

Georgiy Merts #:

For whom? Who needs it? Even you don't need it, otherwise you would have made a demo account a long time ago. Why are you suggesting I open one when nobody needs one?

I have an account, it's small, but it's real.

You're not a man, Zhora, you're not a man.

Vladimir Baskakov #:
You're not a man, Zhora, you're not a man.

Discovered America, man...

Maxim Kuznetsov #:

Just a note: if you trawl from the last candles, then with falling volatility there will be underperformance even in flat - price will slip and take a late and bad price
This is a common problem with all trawls - you have to watch volatility very carefully.

In particular, the trawl can depend on ATR.

Georgiy Merts #:

As I said before - I am convinced that the most important thing in the system is maintenance. So, introducing trailing (either or both) does not "improve" the system, but significantly changes its essence.

My experience is that trailing TP is the most flat strategy. Take any period on the history without strong movements - and this is the strategy that will give the greatest benefit. Trailing SL is the most trendy strategy. Again, take periods of strong trends on history (say, Eurodollar from May 2014 to March 2015) - SL trailing systems work out great there.

Attempts to use two trails simultaneously have almost always yielded worse results than any other trailing system. Some successful combinations, apparently, were due to "transitional period" on a symbol - from trend to flat or vice versa.

Absolutely agree.

JRandomTrader #:

In particular, the trawl may depend on ATR.

ATR (as it is) is a poor indicator. It is averaged internally, by high/low without taking their moments into account. So it "lags" and also lies a bit

So it can be used, but only in some sketches.