Use signal for Demo and Real account

I just subscribed to a signal for 20 $ / month with my demo account to test the setup. Works fine, slippage is OK, trades get executed.

Therefore I want to switch to a real account (at the same broker). Do I need to buy the signal again, or do I have any chance to change trade account from demo to real with the same subscription?

Thanks

gmm5:

I just subscribed to a signal for 20 $ / month with my demo account to test the setup. Works fine, slippage is OK, trades get executed.

Therefore I want to switch to a real account (at the same broker). Do I need to buy the signal again, or do I have any chance to change trade account from demo to real with the same subscription?

Thanks

You can't switch accounts sorry, you have to re-subscribe with the new account. You actually shouldn't be able to link a demo account to a paid signal......

pity I need to pay again...and there was no issue in subscribing the paid signal to the demo account

Hi, how can I change to a higher risk the position size of the trades from a buyed signal? The signal provider uses 0,1 Lot and I want to use 0,15 Lot. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks

Filter:

You can't switch accounts sorry, you have to re-subscribe with the new account. You actually shouldn't be able to link a demo account to a paid signal......

Why shouldnt we be able to subscribe with demo accounts. Im only 2 months old still playing with metatrader but I found ou that not all signals are the same, a signal may look good in its history but may not act the same at the subscribers side. I had one signal who showed it was buying in 0.01 lots in history , but at my side it was buying in 7.00 lots, therefore i think its good we should be able to test signals before turning over our hard working money in the hands of a `terrible signal.

DavidBento:

Hi, how can I change to a higher risk the position size of the trades from a buyed signal? The signal provider uses 0,1 Lot and I want to use 0,15 Lot. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks

I dont think its possible, the signal provider sends it signal with volume included. And I found out that sometimes the volumes conversion may not be correct. In History the signal showed it was buying in 0.01 lots but at my side the signal was buying in 7.0 lots.

The only things that can be configured are things you can see on the signals tab under Tools -> Options. Im not shure how some parameters will affect the volume yet.

Bullworth:
Why shouldnt we be able to subscribe with demo accounts. Im only 2 months old still playing with metatrader but I found ou that not all signals are the same, a signal may look good in its history but may not act the same at the subscribers side. I had one signal who showed it was buying in 0.01 lots in history , but at my side it was buying in 7.00 lots, therefore i think its good we should be able to test signals before turning over our hard working money in the hands of a `terrible signal.

Don't shoot the messenger! I don't make the rules mate. But if you disagree with any rule or have a suggestion for improvement, please submit it to the Service Desk. You can see the current signal rules here

Cheers

p.s. The lot sizing problem you mentioned can be easily solved. If you're interested in learning how to correctly set lot sizes in signals, please have a read of this article 

DavidBento:

Thanks

The only way to get a larger lot size than the signal is to have a higher balance than the signal and to have the same or higher leverage as the signal. The article referred to in the post above will also show you how to do this :)

When I tested my EA on Demo account, I saw amazing results, I made real account and I am surprised now, everything is wrong, I want to say, wait for troubles - take care about your money. My broker is XTB, and it's looks like to different set of data :) I asked whats up, no quarantie said broker :(

mastnak:

When I tested my EA on Demo account, I saw amazing results, I made real account and I am surprised now, everything is wrong, I want to say, wait for troubles - take care about your money. My broker is XTB, and it's looks like to different set of data :) I asked whats up, no quarantie said broker :(

Demo and real are usually very very different

Hello!! 
i use a signal in a demo account, but when i want to use the same signal in real i didn't found it? (the signal is free), there a solution ? 
Reason: