My brain is boiling. Need a cheat sheet.

Example : Buy 1.20000 sl 1.15000 tp 1.25000

1 ) What action will the EA take if a Stop Loss is reached on an order

2 ) What action will the EA take if aTake Profit order is hit

Please do not write CLOSE. The correct procedure is to give an order to the broker.

a) And what happens when the EA has exactly at the mark (sl or tp) ?

b ) What will the EA do if the price jumps the level of stop loss ?

c ) What will the EA do if the price jumps to the Stop Loss level ?

d ) If the EA has given an order and the order is close far from the set values ? ) If the EA has given an order and the order closes far from the set value ?

e ) How far away can it be acceptable ?

Общие принципы - Торговые операции - Справка по MetaTrader 5
Общие принципы - Торговые операции - Справка по MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Перед тем как приступить к изучению торговых функций платформы, необходимо создать четкое представление об основных терминах: ордер, сделка и...

Zvezdochet:

2 ) What action will the EA take when aTake Profit order is hit

Please do not write CLOSE. The correct procedure is to give an order to the broker.

d ) If the EA has given an order and the order is close far from the set values ? ) If the EA has given an order and the order closes far from the set value ?

e ) How far ?

Mr. Mamaev! I have explained your questions in detail. I hope you will calm down. Stop raising these questions, harping on and on, ...

Example: Buy 1.20000 sl 1.15000 tp 1.25000
From 19.05.2019 to 19.07.2020 the price has changed by 5000 pips. For 14 months your robot will be sitting in an ambush. Do you agree?

1) What does the EA do when an order reaches the stoploss
Depends on the strategy in it. If it is an explicit stop, the server will close it. If it is virtual, it is a question. The computer will burn out or get shut down, the robot hangs up, the Internet gets interrupted, ...

2) What actions does the Expert Advisor perform when the order reaches takeprofit
? Similar to point 1)

Please don't write CLOSE. The proper way to do this is to give an order to the broker. Ohhhh! You went a long way in learning Forex!!!

a) And then what happens when the EA has given an order exactly at the mark (sl or tp) ?
First, the price changes many pips on ticks. It is difficult to hit the mark.
Second, consider the slippage effect. Third, the Expert Advisor may lose its order.

b) What will the Expert Advisor do if the price jumps the Stop Loss level?
Similar to 1)

c) What will the EA do if the price jumps the Stop Loss level?
The question is exactly the same as the previous one, if we discard the interjection A

d) If the EA has given an order and the order has closed far from the set values?
As the French say, c'est la vie. I once saw a slippage of 256 pips.

e) How "far" might be acceptable?
It all depends on your preferences. You could try changing brokers, or instead of Forex, you could try raising live Moose or Turkeys

Zvezdochet:

2 ) What action will the EA take when aTake Profit order is hit

e ) How far is "far" acceptable ?

If we are not talking about any particular EA, but about a spherical, typical EA in a vacuum, then

1) Probably a typo, not an order but a price ? No, the deal will be closed by the broker's server, the EA can be off-line altogether.

2) See point 1. The order has already been given, TP and SL are pending orders - orders that are waiting for the server to execute them.

a) It does not make sense, see par. 1,2.

b) Expert Advisor - nothing, the server will close the position at the next possible price - ideally.

c) b.

d,e.) - this is where my brain starts to boil =)

Андрей:

If we're not talking about a specific EA, but a spherical, generic one in a vacuum, then:

1) Probably a typo, not an order, but a price? No, the deal will be closed by the broker's server, the EA can be off-line altogether.

2) See point 1. The order has already been given, TP and SL are pending orders - orders that are waiting for conditions for their execution by the server.

Look at the posts by MAGOMED under the nickname zvezdochet. He likes virtual stops that he read about on the forum. Such stops are hidden from the broker to prevent his counteraction. What if the broker starts to play against this trader! Virtual stops are seen and remembered by the robot. And at the right moment the robot tries to close the order. And if 14 months passes, the robot may have forgotten, Uncle Vasya turned off the power, or your computer may have died, the Internet may be unusable, the broker's server is busy, slippage may occur, ...

Konstantin Erin:

Look at the posts by MAGOMED under the nickname zvezdochet. He is a fan of virtual stops, which he read about on the forum. Such stops are hidden from the broker in order to eliminate his opposition. What if the broker starts to play against this trader! Virtual stops are seen and remembered by the robot. And at the right moment the robot tries to close the order. And if 14 months passes, the robot may have forgotten, Uncle Vasya shut off the power, or just a computer died, no internet, the broker's server is busy and it is busy, slippage, ...

I have virtual stops in all my robots, dynamic and non-linear. I don't do it because of my broker, but because it makes me feel comfortable.

To ensure that the robot does not forget about the stop, the current level of stop is saved in the status file and can be read from there if the robot, MT, virtual desktop or the entire computer is restarted. On the computer ssd disks in the mirror, computer on UPS, two channels to the internet.

I see =) But after all, market execution costs are always higher, + risks of lack of communication and so on...

Konstantin Erin:

Dear MAMAEV MAGOMED KHAN-MAGOMEDOVICH! I have explained your questions in detail. I hope you will calm down. Stop raising these issues, chattering and discussing them.

Example: Buy 1.20000 sl 1.15000 tp 1.25000
From 19.05.2019 to 19.07.2020 the price has changed by 5000 pips. For 14 months your robot will be sitting in an ambush. Do you agree?

No, I don't agree. Take the EURSEK pair. and get a 5000 pips price change per day - easy.

1) What does the EA do when the order reaches stop loss
? It depends on the strategy. If it is an explicit stop, the server will close it. If it is a virtual one, it is a question. Computer burns out or crashes, the robot hangs up, the Internet fails, ...

Stop Loss is a price fixed in the terminal and on the broker's server. All the rest - the price levels at achievement of which the Expert Advisor should do something.
When the price reaches the Stop Loss, the Expert Advisor will continue working according to its own algorithm. In this case, it is not the Expert Advisor that closes the position, but the terminal itself.

2) What does the EA do when the order reaches takeprofit
? Similar to point 1)

Please don't write CLOSE. It would be correct to give an order to the broker. Ohhhh! You went far in the Forex knowledge!!!

a) And then what happens when the EA has given an order exactly at the mark (sl or tp) ?
First, the price changes many pips on ticks. It is difficult to hit the mark.
Second, consider the slippage effect. Third, the robot order may disappear.

The order can not disappear. There will be an answer in the log anyway.

b) What would your Expert Advisor do if the price exceeds the Stop Loss level?
Similar to 1)

c) What will the EA do if the price jumps the Stop Loss level?
The question is exactly the same as the previous one, if we put away the interjection A

d) If the EA has given an order and the order has closed far from the set values?
As the French say, c'est la vie. I once saw a slippage of 256 pips.

e) How far can "far" be acceptable?

Use takeprofits and limit orders. This should guarantee price but does not guarantee execution...
It all depends on your preference. You may try to change your broker, or instead of forex you may want to raise live moose or turkeys.

And in general the questions are pretty stupid

JRandomTrader:

All my robots have virtual, dynamic and non-linear stops. Not because of the broker, but because it is more convenient for me.

To ensure that the robot does not forget about the stop, the current level of the stop is saved in the status file and read from there when the robot, MT, virtual machine or the entire computer is restarted. On the computer the ssd disks are in the mirror, the computer is on a UPS, two channels to the internet.

Kostya I asked specific questions. And you're writing my dissertation. You're saying that when you write an EA, no one can guarantee the correctness of its work. Then WHY do advisors write them? Is there ANYONE here who can answer step by step how the questions are numbered?

The Stop Loss is a price that is fixed in the terminal and on the broker's server. All the rest - the price levels at which the EA should do something. RIGHT !

Take Profit is a price, which is fixed in the terminal and on the server of the broker. All the rest are price levels, at reaching which the Expert Advisor must do something. RIGHT!!!

That's why I asked questions WHAT an EA should do? Not how to write a thesis.

JRandomTrader:

I have virtual stops in all my robots, dynamic and non-linear. And not because of my broker, but because it's more convenient for me ( Kostya!!! Listen to the man! He writes about CONSUMER , not about the fear of the broker! )

Now back to our animals! Market orders. Stop Loss and Take Profit are virtual. The questions are the same. Who can answer them properly, without teasing?

1 ) What actions will the EA perform when the price reaches the virtual stop loss?

2 ) What action does EA do when price reachesvirtual TP?

Please do not write CLOSE. the correct response is to give an order to the broker. then what happens?the broker closes at ANY price giving the reason " requotes and slippage" or is there a specific closing limit ?

3)What will the EA do if the price jumps the level of stoploss or takeprofit ?

Zvezdochet:

1 ) What actions will the EA perform when the price reaches the virtual stop loss?

2 ) What action does EA do when price reachesvirtual TP?

Please do not write CLOSE. the correct response is to give an order to the broker. then what happens?the broker closes at ANY price giving the reason " requotes and slippage" or is there a specific closing limit ?

3)What happens when the price jumps to the Stop Loss or Take Profit level ?

Which EA are we talking about?

Reason: