My brain is boiling. Need a cheat sheet. - page 2

ABOUT WRITING

It will do exactly what it is programmed to do.

PapaYozh:

It will do exactly what has been programmed into it.

I don't know why I'm using it as a proprietary system and I don't know why I'm using it as a proprietary system. I have seen binary differently and that's how it works.....

ARGUMENTS ......... "The real types(or floating point types) represent values that have a fractional part. There are two types for floating point numbers in the MQL4 language. The way real numbers are represented in machine memory is defined by IEEE Standard 754 and isindependent of platforms, operating systems, and programming languages."..."Real numbers arestored in computer memory with some limited precision in binary notation, while decimal notation is the most commonly used number system. Therefore, many numbers which are accurately recorded in the decimal system can only be recorded as infinite fractions in the binary system.

For example, the numbers 0.3 and 0.7 are represented in a computer as infinite fractions, while the number 0.25 is stored exactly, because it is a power of two.

Therefore,it is strongly discouraged to compare two real numbers toeach other for equality, because such a comparison is not valid.".............Then someone translate what is written into human language.

Zvezdochet:
ARGUMENTS ......... "Real types(or floating-point types) represent values that have a fractional part. There are two types for floating point numbers in MQL4. The way real numbers are represented in machine memory is defined by IEEE Standard 754 and isindependent of platforms, operating systems, and programming languages."..."Real numbers arestored in computer memory with some limited precision in binary notation, while decimal notation is the most commonly used number system. Therefore, many numbers which are accurately recorded in the decimal system can only be written as infinite fractions in the binary system.

For example, the numbers 0.3 and 0.7 are represented in a computer as infinite fractions, while the number 0.25 is stored exactly, because it is a power of two.

Therefore,it is strongly not recommended to compare two real numbers toeach other on equality, because such a comparison is not correct." .............Then someone translate what is written into human language.

The programmer's answer is as correct as it is useless. Unless, of course, you yourself categorically require him to fulfill the condition of exact equality of real numbers. In the latter case you are wrong, because in machine representation 2/6 and 1/3 are different numbers. Not equal to each other.

If the programmer feeds you with this information instead of simply making a comparison algorithm like Abs(2/6-1/3)<Zero, where Zero is a very small positive number, he is wrong - change the programmer.

Zvezdochet:
ARGUMENTS ......... "Real types(or floating-point types) represent values that have a fractional part. There are two types for floating point numbers in the MQL4 language. The way real numbers are represented in machine memory is defined by IEEE Standard 754 and isindependent of platforms, operating systems, and programming languages."..."Real numbers arestored in computer memory with some limited precision in binary notation, while decimal notation is the most commonly used number system. Therefore, many numbers which are accurately recorded in the decimal system can only be recorded as infinite fractions in the binary system.

In this regard,it is categorically not recommended to compare two real numbers toeach other for equality, because such a comparison is not correct." ............. Now someone translate the written language into human language.

Roughly - you cannot check if two numbers of type float or double are equal. It may be that from a human point of view the numbers are equal, but the machine does not recognize them as equal.

Zvezdochet:

1 ) What actions will the EA perform when the price reaches the virtual stop loss?

2 ) What actions does the Expert Advisor perform when the price reaches thevirtual Take Profit?

Please do not write CLOSE. the correct response is to give an order to the broker. then what happens?the broker closes at ANY price giving the reason " requotes and slippage" or is there a specific closing limit ?

3 )What will the EA do if the price jumps the level of stoploss or takeprofit ?

For example, in my case when the price reaches (really - crossing, but for a slightly different reason) a stop on ask (for long trades) or bid (for short), an opposite market order is placed to the open position.

But I trade liquid symbols on FORTS, where the spread is usually minimal, and check that ask and bid are non-zero.

The virtual take is the same, based on the market. But I only use them in one algorithm.

Zvezdochet:

I'm working on this because I don't see decimal system and my EA uses binary one. I don't know if it's related to binary, but I've seen binary and it works in a different way.

I'm not sure what to do with it.

JRandomTrader:

Roughly, you cannot check if two numbers of type float or double are equal. It may be that from a human point of view the numbers are equal, but the machine does not recognize them as equal.

Yes, it can. If you know how...

Well, yeah... Will you take the rest of the hysteria on yourself too?
Reason: