Meta Trader 4 support

Hello,

I use both 4 and 5 but still want to use MT 4.

Because MT4 is not supported, is it going to be eventually a problem for us ?

It is better for me using MT4 because it is not asking me to update, with 5 I can work around it, if it is due to be restarted.

Does the MT5 restart on the Virtual Server, VPS ?

But either way the Computers have to be updated when due.

thanks and regards

1. " Because MT4 is not supported, is it going to be eventually a problem for us ?".
Not a problem.
MT4 is not supported by MetaQuotes anymore. But updates (on the way of fixing something) is still coming from time to time.
For example, the latest one is the following: MetaTrader 4 Platform Beta Build 1368
But the brokers are still supporting MT4 so if you can use the support of the broker.

All technical support is going to be on the forum for now so if you/we have any questions - you/we can use the MT4/MQL4 forum section to open the thread or to create a post:  MQL4 and MetaTrader 4

2. " Does the MT5 restart on the Virtual Server, VPS ? "
As to VPS is it depends on VPS and it depends on the setting ofthis VPS which were established by VPS provider.
For example, I am using VPS, and if I want MT5 to restart so it is restarted, but if I do not want for MT5 to restart - it is fine and working without restarting.
But as I told - it depends on VPS provider (because VPS provider may restart his server once in a year for example).

MetaTrader 4 Platform Beta Build 1368
MetaTrader 4 Platform Beta Build 1368
  • www.mql5.com
The beta version of the updated MetaTrader 4 will be released on Friday, December 16, 2022...

Sergey Golubev #:
1. " Because MT4 is not supported, is it going to be eventually a problem for us ?".
Not a problem.
MT4 is not supported by MetaQuotes anymore. But updates (on the way of fixing something) is still coming from time to time.
For example, the latest one is the following: MetaTrader 4 Platform Beta Build 1368
But the brokers are still supporting MT4 so if you can use the support of the broker.

All technical support is going to be on the forum for now so if you/we have any questions - you/we can use the MT4/MQL4 forum section to open the thread or to create a post:  MQL4 and MetaTrader 4

2. " Does the MT5 restart on the Virtual Server, VPS ? "
As to VPS is it depends on VPS and it depends on the setting ofthis VPS which were established by VPS provider.
For example, I am using VPS, and if I want MT5 to restart so it is restarted, but if I do not want for MT5 to restart - it is fine and working without restarting.
But as I told - it depends on VPS provider (because VPS provider may restart his server once in a year for example).

Thank you for your prompt and detail reply.

The VPS I am using is the mql5 VPS (5 off) and wondering if at any time these Server's reboot without me knowing?

Regardless of reboot or not the VPS status is according to my last Synchronisation.

regards and thanks

GTman #:

Thank you for your prompt and detail reply.

The VPS I am using is the mql5 VPS (5 off) and wondering if at any time these Server's reboot without me knowing?

Regardless of reboot or not the VPS status is according to my last Synchronisation.

regards and thanks

I do not think they reboot ... but if they reboot so everything is restored as before in almost same time.

Sergey Golubev #:

I do not think they reboot ... but if they reboot so everything is restored as before in almost same time.

thank you, have a nice 2023

Not sure if right topic but here i go,

I want to download MT4. I have found the website where to download for windows. It downloads the MT4setup file. However, when you go ahead and try to install it installs the MetaTrader5. Which is not MT4. 

Can someone help me with this?

merrijn frederiks #:

Not sure if right topic but here i go,

I want to download MT4. I have found the website where to download for windows. It downloads the MT4setup file. However, when you go ahead and try to install it installs the MetaTrader5. Which is not MT4. 

Can someone help me with this?

You can only download the MT4 terminal from a broker's website nowadays.

Reason: