My brain is boiling. Need a cheat sheet. - page 3

Алексей Тарабанов:    Well, yes... Will you take the rest of the hysteria on yourself too?

Come on, guys. It's the internet. Do you realize the whole world reads you from Greenland to Antarctica? It's a million times stranger than going out in a public square and shouting nonsense!!! The man asked a normal question and instead of answering you came to the point of discussing some kind of hysteria.

Zvezdochet:

You should be more specific and logical in your questions, because your rambling is not always understandable, so the answers are appropriate)

VVT:

You should ask questions with more specificity and understandable logic, because the ramblings of your mind are not always understandable,so the answers are appropriate)

"To ask the right question, you need to know 80% of the answer."

Алексей Тарабанов:

The programmer's answer is as correct as it is useless. Unless, of course, you yourself categorically require him to fulfill the condition of exact equality of real numbers. In the latter case you are wrong, because in machine representation 2/6 and 1/3 are different numbers. Not equal to each other.

If the programmer feeds you with this information instead of simply making a comparison algorithm like Abs(2/6-1/3)<Zero, where Zero is a very small positive number, he is wrong - change the programmer.

Each "change" costs 10% of the agreed amount of work . I was told here "there is nothing you can do. Either you learn the programming yourself (I wonder how long it will take.......) or wait until you are lucky and your EA is written correctly. As for fractions, the Expert Advisor does not see them ... Any fraction is written from a set of no more than 10 digits . I remember in science class we converted decimal numbers to binary code from zero and one in a notebook. How is it possible that a computer with an operation rate of several thousand per second and gigabytes of memory cannot store ten "binary" digits?

About the exact opening. There was a programmer who coined the term "absolute match with the mark". In 90% of the orders opened! I do not want an absolute match . But when my EA is acting on the next grid step (instead of the current one), I cannot understand it:At the current level the EA has done one correct action . At the same level EA has to perform other correct actions . So these actions are performed at the next level and the values relate to the previous level !Example Buy 1.20000 sl 1.19500 tp 1.20500 Sell 1.20000 sl 1.20500 tp 1.19500 , one of the orders is opened at the next step of the grid, at " another" level, where the records remain ! level , entries remain unchanged at "their" level 1.20000

d ) If an EA has given an order and the order has closed far from the set values ?

e) How far away is it acceptable?

It may close so that the deposit will disappear to zero and there may be a big minus on the deposit (you will owe the broker).

In my memory it happened on USD CHF in 2015.01.15. You can see it on the chart. A lot of people lost money back then. At that time the price with a gap was very far to the bottom.

After the weekend there used to be big gaps.

Vitali Kadel:

d ) If an EA has given an order and the order has closed far from the set values ?

e) How far away is it acceptable?

It may close so that the deposit will disappear to zero and there may be a big minus on the deposit (you will owe the broker).

In my memory it happened on USD CHF in 2015.01.15. You can see it on the chart. A lot of people lost money back then. At that time the price with a gap was very far to the bottom.

After the weekend there were big gaps earlier.

Swiss franc candlestick ? Heard ... few survived ...

JRandomTrader:

Roughly, you cannot check if two numbers of type float or double are equal. It may be that from a human point of view, the numbers are equal, but the machine does not recognize them as equal.

Programmer DID write this, and now AFTER (not BEFORE) I have to find solution to check if two numbers are equal to each other of type float or double ? ? I have never heard of such words! The programmer read the text of the desired algorithm and undertook to do the job. And now, after processing, he says that we must take into account the nuances of binary notation? Why did he undertake it then? Why didn't he mention the nuances of the binary system?

Zvezdochet:

The programmer DID write it, and now AFTER (not BEFORE) I have to look for a solution on how to check if two numbers are equal to each other, like float or doubl ? ? I have never heard of such words! The programmer read the text of the desired algorithm and undertook to do the job. And now, after processing, he says that we must take into account the nuances of binary notation? Why did he undertake it then? Why didn't he mention the nuances of the binary system?

These nuances concern only the programmer and how to work around them. The customer does not need to know about it. And my explanation was intended for a novice programmer.

Zvezdochet:

Swiss franc candlestick ? I've heard of it ... not many are alive ...

Can you show me the code of the program to open a position? The module that places the order.

More precisely, the module that calls it.

In other words, I would like to see the condition under which you place the order.

Zvezdochet:

About the exact opening. There was a programmer who coined the term "Absolute match with the mark". In 90% of the orders opened! I do not want an absolute match . But when my EA is acting on the next grid step (instead of the current one), I cannot understand it:At the current level the EA has done one correct action. At the same level EA has to perform other correct actions . So these actions are performed at the next level and the values relate to the previous level ! Example Buy 1.20000 sl 1.19500 tp 1.20500 Sell 1.20000 sl 1.20500 tp 1.19500 , one of the orders is opened at the next step of the grid, at " another" level, where the records remain ! level , entries remain unchanged at "their" level 1.20000

After a right action, wrong action? Judging by your phrase, I can guess what error in the code - the variables are not being cleared. Variables and arrays in the Expert Advisor should be cleared or assigned the necessary values at the moment of the EA operation - opening of a bar or tick receipt. The quotes are updated, and the amounts and properties of orders and positions are retrieved and checked again. This is just an assumption - it can be eliminated by printing the values, before and after receiving the data. You can observe and compare in visual mode. Well, it's a tough job.

Or maybe there's something wrong with the logic...?

Reason: