Is underperformance the main reason for forex losses? - page 3

webgopnik:
That's the way to plummet!

The way to lose is to try to make more profit than the market allows.

Wizard2018:

The way to lose is to try to make more profit than the market will allow.

The question is philosophical.
After all, we do not know in advance what the market will allow us to do!
But we can exit a profitable trade if we move the wrong stop-loss.

webgopnik:
When a trader does not make enough profit on a trade, he will eventually lose as the losses begin to outweigh the profits.

Trade the grid on the trend, you'll squeeze out every pip

webgopnik:
When a trader does not make profit on a trade he eventually loses, because losses start to outweigh profits.

Rubbish at its core. The way it looks to me is this:

You can make money or lose money in the market and you can NOT make money and NOT lose money, which is a loss in the first case and a gain in the second. If we are talking about being in the market all the time. Even sitting on the fence can be seen as a loss because you have not earned. Questions?

And eventually learn to evaluate the result over a trading week rather than a single trade. It's called working within a strategy, not a one-off foray into profit or loss....

I'm just saying.... Just passing by :-)

When is it possible to miss a profit? Only when your trading style and understanding of the market does not give you the exact information on where to enter the position and where to exit. It turns out that those who complain about the shortfall of profits, their strategy does not have the right mathematics of deposit management, does not have an accurate understanding of the exit from the position, this trader does not have any discipline. The only thing you have to do is to solve at least these points that I wrote = - you'll start earning.

Roman Kutemov:
The question is philosophical.
We do not know in advance what the market will allow us to do!
But we can get out of a profitable trade, if we move the wrong stop.

I would like to disagree - for example, I always know 100% of the time what the market will allow me and my guys also know 100% of the time what the market will allow them in every deal.

The topic is about nothing. What do you mean by understaffing? So pull up SL on the conditions you want. But again, most likely you will not be happy with the fact that it may work, and the price will turn around and go to the sky. Then you can say that you closed early and again you missed.
If you have a working, proven strategy, you should not get involved in it manually. Leave it alone, well, if only to refine it to improve its performance. If you don't trust your strategy, you should not trade by it at all. Then trade only in manual mode.

Underprofits are, in any case, Profits.
It's better to be short of profits than to grab a little bit of elk.

It should be said that there are two types of underperformance:
the first, when you close a trade in profit, but then the price moves further in your direction and you lose the lost profit.
the second, when you keep the trade in profit, but overdo it and it starts going against you, eventually eating up the profit and at best you close at breakeven, at worst at stop-loss.

Today I fell short on the second type of profit.
Reason: