Support/resistance levels. How do I identify them? - page 2

Your pictures are all wrong.

Mikola_2:

There's a mistake somewhere...

It's probably like this

When a quote goes up, it shows that in the market the amount of money of buyers, who agree to buy, is greater than the amount of money of sellers, who agree to sell.
Or
sellers agree to buy at worse prices.

When the quote is going down, it shows that in the market the amount of money of sellers who agree to sell is greater than the amount of money of buyers who agree to buy.
Or buyers agree to sell at worse prices.

In the second sentence, Sergey probably wanted to describe participants who already have open positions.
But it's not a coherent sentence and it makes no sense at all.

There are a lot of ALL kinds of theories and techniques in trading...

If you ask a trader to confirm data on the excess of the Buyers' money over the Sellers' money, then the "NEGATIVE SENSE" begins...

But the trader risks HIS money..., so it is vital to have OBJECTIVE data to make decisions..., not theories about an alleged excess of demand over supply..., which is IMPOSSIBLE to check, and the only thing left is to BELIEVE in the divine essence of the method...

Every Trader is the master of his own happiness!

Serqey Nikitin:

There are a lot of ALL kinds of theories and techniques in trading...

If you ask a trader to confirm data on the excess of the Buyers' money over the Sellers' money, then the "NEGATIVE SENSE" begins...

But the trader risks HIS money..., so it is vital to have OBJECTIVE data to make decisions..., not theories about an alleged excess of demand over supply..., which is IMPOSSIBLE to check, and the only thing left is to BELIEVE in the divine essence of the method...

Every Trader is the master of his own happiness!

Demand and supply are what cause the market to move, not a divine essence.
The market maker can also lead the quoted instrument, within a given algorithm, without real supply and demand.
The delta between the volume of sellers and the volume of buyers, and will show an excess of one side or the other.
The question is how to correctly interpret this figure for decision-making.
Because this information is not very useful on a dynamically changing market.
Because of the fact that large volumes are not put into the cup now, so as not to be fronted.
Therefore, the true supply and demand are carefully hidden.
If there is a large position, it is opened in portions up to the minimum lot, or in iceberg orders.
However, large icebergs can also be seen on the charts so that major positions are taken by small common limit orders or by small icebergs.
The American markets, for example, are considered the most liquid markets. And it's true, because the traded volume in a trading session can be in the billions.
But open the instrument, and you almost never see large bids. All intentions are carefully hidden, in the world of electronic trading.

Mihail Marchukajtes:
The higher the volume at a given price, the more meaningful this level is.

Nope, on the contrary, the price is whistling through the level and doesn't like it.

Roman:

Demand and supply is what causes movement in the market, not a divine entity.

This is all VERY interesting... but if you can CONFIRM this shit, then we can talk substantively about the phenomenon... So far it's just one PROPOSAL....

Like, I believe in UFOs, but I've never seen one myself...

If this crap didn't affect traders' PROFits, you could even agree with that...

Serqey Nikitin:

This is all VERY interesting... but if you can CONFIRM this shit, then we can talk substantively about the phenomenon... So far it's just one PROPOSAL....

Like, I believe in UFOs, but I've never seen one myself...

If this bullshit didn't affect traders' PROFITS, you could even agree with that....

Assumptions are yours and in the market there is a seller and a buyer )).
Updated the previous post, think about what you have written.

Roman:

Assumptions are yours, and in the market there is a seller and a buyer ))

I don't understand this heresy!...

For example: on the chart of the popular EUR/Dollar pair, there are several time sections where the price moves ONLY in one direction for two years at a time...

Let's say there are sellers..., but where do you get so many stupid buyers to keep the price going in the same direction for so long...?

Serqey Nikitin:

I don't understand this heresy!...

For example: on the chart of the popular EUR/Dollar pair, there are several time sections where the price moves ONLY in one direction for two years at a time....

Let's say there are sellers..., but where do we get so many stupid buyers to keep the price going in the same direction for so long...?

If you don't understand the basics of pricing, you should refer to the educational literature.
At any given time, someone opens or gains a position and someone else closes or drops it.
The price can move in one direction for as long as you like, but in the meantime a lot of opening and closing of positions will be done.
For long term directions the direction is usually given by expectation of some serious news publication.
When the news is released, it becomes clear whether the expectations were correct or not, if not, the asset is either being discounted or bought, causing a panic in the news.
If the forecast was correct, they still discount part of it, fixing part of the profit and buying/selling in the direction of the already confirmed trend.

Roman:

If you don't understand the basics of pricing, then you should consult the educational literature.
At any given time, someone is taking or gaining a position and someone is closing or dropping a position.

Yeah, I don't understand that crap... I don't get it! If this belief helped you make a profit, more than half of all traders would be millionaires...

But you obviously think most traders are a Dumb mass who can't understand "pricing"...?

Reason: