Crowdsourced GUI. Open beta testing. - page 31

Алексей Барбашин:

Hmmm... then a simple question: how do I know if the status of the checkbox has changed?

The event comes to the OnGuiEvent(string value) function in the Internal_API file, where the user prescribes reactions to item changes.

Алексей Барбашин:

Hmmm... Then a simple question: how do I know if the state of the checkbox has changed?

At every tick, ask Peter's variable what state it is in. Although it may affect different sections of code If I need to know the state of 30 checkboxes for next operation, I need to spool a whole batch to execute what I can memorize anyway

Alexandr Andreev:

At every tick ask Peter's variable what state it is in. Although it may affect different sections of code If I need to know the position of 30 checkboxes for the next operation, I have to do a whole batch to execute what I can memorize anyway.

Wrong. The event comes in the OnGuiEvent() function. There you receive and process it.

Fortunately, you're wrong)).

With a few hours to go, everything will be clear.

Реter Konow:
The event comes in the OnGuiEvent(string value) function in the Internal_API file, where the user prescribes reactions to item changes.

This is the colbec, but it is not clear why no event is generated for the standardOnChartEvent and what parameter is returned to the function as value?

Алексей Барбашин:

This is the colbec, but it's not clear why no event is generated for the standard OnChartEvent and what parameter is returned to the function as value?

Formally, we can call it a callback. If we consider the engine and the Expert Advisor as separate entities, despite the fact that they share memory of one program.

Value sends the value of the item parameter at the event of its change. That is, when you pressed the button - it returned "1". Pressed - you get "0". Typed text in the input field - you got the text in the case of the corresponding element. Clicked a checkbox - you got its name. Skipped a value - got its value.

Реter Konow:
Technically, it can be called a callback. If we consider the engine and the EA as separate entities, despite the fact that they live in a shared memory of one program.

The Value sends the value of the item parameter at the event of its change. In other words, if you press the button, it gets a "1". Pressed - got "0". Entered text in the input field - received text in the case of the corresponding item. Clicked a checkbox - you got its name. Skipped a value - we got it.

But this cannot be associated with the word cool - it can be associated with the word minimum.

And the coolest thing here could be the design, and I think the environment should be forgotten for now.

Реter Konow:
Technically, it can be called a callback. If we consider the engine and the EA as separate entities, despite the fact that they reside in a common memory of one program.

The Value sends the value of the item parameter at the event of its change. In other words, if you press the button, it gets a "1". Pressed - got "0". Entered text in the input field - received text in the case of the corresponding item. Clicked a checkbox - you got its name. Selected a value - got it.

Formally all the programs work in shared memory, if you define it that way. Separate writing of code does not mean that the program is separate. It is through events that Windows communicates with all programs. Events are a common practice in message passing.

And how can you tell which element a value came from if only the value itself is transmitted?

Алексей Барбашин:

Technically, all programmes run in shared memory, if you define it that way. Separate writing of code does not mean separate programmes. It is through events that Windows communicates with all programs. Events are a common practice in message passing.

And how can you tell which element a value came from if only the value itself is transmitted?

The value is passed to the corresponding case of the function. The switch operator is there.

Alexandr Andreev:

Except that it can't be associated with the word cool - it can be associated with the word minimum

And coolness here can be design. And I think we should forget about the environment for now.
I got you. I will do the design as soon as the main tasks have been completed. I agree that it needs to be fine-tuned.
Reason: