My approach. The core is the engine. - page 12

Nikolai Semko:
The terminology is unfortunate in my opinion.

The engine is the mechanics. The core is the data warehouse.

The second meaning of Engine is a plug-in. It is a separate program that connects to another program and communicates with it via a communication channel.

Реter Konow:

The engine is the mechanics. The core is the data warehouse.

So, by your logic, the core of the car is the gas tank.

Nikolai Semko:
So, by your logic, the core of the car is the petrol tank.

The core of the car is the car itself without the engine part. The engine is the engine, gearbox, axles and wheels.

The car itself, without the engine, is the core of the cart))

Реter Konow:

The core of the car is the car itself without the engine part. The engine is the motor, gearbox, axles and wheels.

That's what I'm saying - unfortunate terminology that confuses. The core in the common understanding of the majority is what is main and inside. What you have is secondary and on the outside.

Nikolai Semko:
That's what I'm saying, unfortunate terminology that confuses. The core, as most people understand it, is what's primary and inside. What you have is secondary and outside.

Both the engine and the kernel are of equal importance. One does not work without the other.

And the kernel is inside. In memory.

Реter Konow:

Both the engine and the kernel are of equal importance. One does not work without the other.

I mean the terminology, not the technology.
I would call the familiar existing terms - e.g. VM ( virtual machine) and DATA or CODE

_OBJECTS_SET,BUTTON,
//------------T------X----Y----W-----H----B_TYPE-- MOB---PXL-----------G------------C----SG--SC--OBJSCR--NEUTRAL----GRADIENT--A1--B1--C1-----------A2----B2--C2----------A3----B3--C3--------A4--B4--C4-------OBH--OBI--C5--D5--E5--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ACT-STATUS--CURRENT-----CURRENT---LAST--------------------------------------------
//Основание кнопки--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_NEW_OBJECT,  5,     0,   0,   100,  25,  _STRIP, _CNVS, 1,  _aw1,BUTTON,   0,_MOB,    0,    _aw1, C'245,245,245',  FR_32,  _C2C,_CNVS, 0,  FR_33,  _C2C,_CNVS, 0,   FR_32, 0,    0,   0,   A4, 0, 0,  0,    A5,0,  0,  0,  0,  0,   A6,  0,    A7, 0,       0,        0,        0,        0,       FR_32,        FR_33,       0,      0,       0,       0,         0,         0,       0,       0,   A8,  0,  0,  0,  

A9, CLICKED_RELEASED, C'230,230,230',  0,  _C_PIXEL,  _C_PIXEL,    _C_PIXEL,    _C_PIXEL,    C'245,245,245',   _PL_END,
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//Лейбл кнопки--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_NEW_OBJECT,  5,     0,    0,   0,  0, _LABEL, _CNVS,  0,  _aw3,BUTTON,  _EL,   0,   0,    _aw1, _NS_gr1,   A1, _X2X, _aw1,   7,   A2,  _C2C,  _aw1,  0,  A3,  0,    0,   0,   A4,  0, 0,  0,      A5,0,0, _aw1,  0,  0,   A6,  0,    A7,0,    0,        0,        0,        0,        0,        0,    0,      0,       0,       0,         0,         0,       0,       0,   A8,  0,  0,  0,  

A9, 0, 0,   0, 0,   0,  0,    0,    0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,     _PL_END,
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//Текст наименования кнопки --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_NEW_OBJECT,  5,     0,   0,    0,  0,  _TEXT_, _CNVS,  0,  _aw2,BUTTON,_OCN,   0,    0,    _aw1, 0,     A1,  _C2C,_aw1,  0,   A2, _C2C,_aw1, 0,     A3,  0,    0,   0,   A4,  0, 0,  0,    A5,0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  A6,  0,  A7, 0,       0,        0,        0,        0,        0,        0,        0,      0,       0,       0,         0,         0,       0,       0,   A8,  Microsoft_JhengHei_Light, FW_NORMAL,  8,   

A9, 0, 0,  0, C'100,100,100',   C'100,100,100',  0,    0,    0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,   2,1,1,   1,0,  _PL_END,
_END_,

This is a very poorly readable representation of the information. It is better to work with such data fully automatically. Automatic creation (visual editor), use, edit. Be sure to make a visual editor!

Nikolai Semko:
I mean the terminology, not the technology.
I would call the familiar existing terms - for example, VM ( virtual machine) and DATA or CODE

I think the term "engine" is much clearer than "virtual machine". I, for example, don't understand what it is.

And engine is slang for sure, but it's pretty self-explanatory. The code that interacts with the core (the main data table) and implements the "life" of objects.

But, all these terms are conventional and serve the simplest description of its essence.

Aliaksandr Hryshyn:

Be sure to do a visual editor!

Why did you say that? Now Peter will read it and decide to do it. He'll go back into hiding for a few years.

Reason: