Central Bank rate 6.5% - page 7

prostotrader:

Reading the posts.... And I realise that everyone is off-topic.

How many people keep their savings in roubles?

A huge number - trillions of roubles in their accounts, lowering the rate is just a scam on the people.

Prices rise by leaps and bounds - again and again new fees are introduced for housing and utilities,

They steadily raise prices two times a year.

VAT was raised from 18% to 20%.

Petrol has almost doubled since 2009 in the oil-producing country!

Loans are cheap?

Bullshit - to buy a flat you have to make a down payment (your own money), try saving, at

at a lower interest rate.

OFZs have been issued and what? Will they cover a huge increase in prices? - NO!

Have your salaries been raised?

Added

Here are some petrol prices in oil producing countries

About the table with petrol prices. This kind of propaganda move has the well-known name of Bloomberg's Pruning. That is, we cut the list by 1-3 positions from Russia and we get almost the worst place. Re:

1. Almost all the countries on the list are hot. Where oil is easily extractable. So it's cheaper.

2. In such countries, the oil is of other grades. In Russia it is mostly sulphuric, roughly speaking low-grade. It costs more to refine into petrol.

3. In Asia and Africa, the quality of gasoline is as bad as in Russia, somewhat worse than in Europe. And even worse.

4. In Norway, which produces an order of magnitude more oil per capita than Russia, gasoline is second most expensive.

Edgar:

About the gasoline price table. This propaganda move has the well-known name of Bloomberg's Pruning. That is, cut the list by 1-3 positions from Russia and we get almost the worst place. Re:

1. Almost all the countries on the list are hot. Where oil is easily extractable. So it's cheaper.

2. In such countries, the oil is of other grades. In Russia it is mostly sulphuric, roughly speaking low-grade. It costs more to refine into petrol.

3. In Asia and Africa, the quality of gasoline is as bad as in Russia, somewhat worse than in Europe. And even worse.

4. In Norway, which produces more oil per capita than Russia, gasoline is the second most expensive.

Yeah, but what are the pensions and wages in Norway?

Added

"Theaverage pension in Norway in 2019, according to the Norwegian Association of Pensioners, is250,000 a year, or 21,000 kroner a month.

At the moment, at National Bank exchange rates, this would equate to161,000 RUR.(~2500$)"

I have a pension of 10,523 roubles. (~164$)

So how much more expensive is petrol?

prostotrader:

Yeah, but what are pensions and salaries like in Norway?

Added

"Theaverage pension in Norway in 2019, according to the Norwegian Association of Pensioners, is250,000 a year, or 21,000 kroner a month.

At the moment, at National Bank exchange rates, this would equate to161,000 RR. (~2500$)"

I have a pension of 10,523 roubles. (~164$)

So how much more expensive is petrol?

Please. Who compares countries by salary/pension. We should use PPP, purchasing power parity. Even German experts who compare salaries in Germany and Russia come to the conclusion that the multiple difference is reduced to 2:1, taking into account taxes, many other deductions, utility bills, petrol prices, food and essentials.

Half the standard of living in Russia is a price most people are willing to pay, though they grumble about it. Those who are not ready, leave in search of a better one. Many people are disappointed, although they do not go back. The thing is that you will not become your own in another country, another country will not become your motherland. Only your children will. Yes, it is a pity about children. ™

I'm not saying that with any cotton-grass overtones. My son and his family went to Germany.

By the way, in Norway only payroll tax is 24+8% (in our country it is 13%).

By the way, my mother in Moscow has a pension of 24-26k. She has worked in kindergarten all her life.

So what are you bickering about? The fact that the life of EU citizens is more prosperous than in Russia has long been known...

It is more interesting to consider whether there will be a continuation of the rate cut (whether bonds will be held)

e.g. Barclays says that the CBRF will cut 0.5 more in December

In long-suffering Europe, the interest rate has been zero for several years, and deposits have been negative.

transcendreamer:

So what are you bickering about? That the life of EU citizens is richer and more fun than in Russia has long been known...

I don't know. I lived in Spain. A friend is now in Sweden. More nourishing, but not more fun.

If it is about me, I am not breaking my neck. Let everyone live where they want or can. Politics and patriotism should not affect it. Just sitting flat on one's butt doesn't tell you where things are.

Looks like we will see a central bank rate of 6% on 13 December 2019

prostotrader:
Looks like we will see a 6% central bank rate on 13 December 2019

Great, great, great.

where the information comes from
Reason: