Using the MT5 on a 4K monitor - page 2

transcendreamer:
The topic-starter is very principled, but unfortunately, I think it is unlikely you can find a solution for him, windows applications are pretty specific, and rewrite MT by introducing custom buttons and labels for one user certainly will not ... If you get very stoned, you can try to use programs like resource hacker to tweak terminal.exe to increase the size of some input fields and inscriptions, but it is at your own risk...

I think you are confusing your assumption of some personal characteristic with the facts of the problem you describe - those facts themselves cannot contain the characteristic of the person who is presenting them. You don't like the facts stated? Well, there is nothing you can do about the facts, there is only the "dire need to face the facts soberly, however awful they may be", but we create the future facts ourselves. Stockdale's paradox.

Maybe you haven't realized, but we are not talking about custom buttons and text labels, we are talking about the fact that any member of Homo Sapience species (of which there are 7 yards on Earth today) cannot read the text in the application because it is too small, so we need to change the settings of Metatrader 5 in order to increase the font size.

But the use of hack tools for other people's excelshets (especially where your money is) should not be used under any circumstances. (it's one thing - I changed the font size in the system - it's just a system feature, but it's alost causeto run a code created by uncle Vasya unknown to me with his mistakes, so that he can dig into the guts of Metatrader, which uncle Vasya never saw - it's clear that this is a lost cause).

bigluck:

I think you are confusing your assumption of some personal characteristic with the facts of the problem you describe - those facts themselves cannot contain the characteristic of the person who is presenting them. You don't like the facts stated? Well, there is nothing you can do about the facts, there is only the "dire need to face the facts soberly, however awful they may be", but we create the future facts ourselves. Stockdale's paradox.

Maybe you haven't grasped it, but we are not talking about custom buttons and lettering, we are talking about the fact that any member of Homo Sapience(of which there are 7 yards on Earth today) cannot read the text in the app because it is too small, so changes are needed to increase the size of fonts.

And the use of hacker attachments to other people's executables (the more so in which you have your money) should not be under any circumstances.

Hehe, why are you frappin' me, sir? I'm not malicious at all, I just want to note that you deigned to increase font sizes in the system, but did not change the interface scaling, so all programs have kept the size of buttons and other interface elements small, only the text inscriptions have increased, but it so happens that windows applications do not use font scaling, such as text boxes, inscriptions on the buttons and other controls are not scaled because the system is not commanded to scale them ...

HiDPI support in windows is far from perfect (linux is a bit better but there are also some problems) - so you unfortunately don't have much choice...

The same problem exists with other programs, not only MT. Somewhere it's relatively easy to solve (e.g. Total Commander is good at scaling) and somewhere it's not.

transcendreamer:

Hehe, why are you frappin' me, sir? I'm not malicious at all, ....

I didn't know the word 'frappe'. According to the definition, the locus of control is entirely with the one being fractured. So you can only frappe. It's like with offending - you can't offend, you can only be offended. ("No one can offend you without your consent" E.R.). At the same time I inform you that I did not intend to create conditions conducive to your frappiness. I have not speculated on your maliciousness. But I cannot give even a value judgment about it - there is no data - without facts there is nothing to think about.

Metatrader 5 is an excellent program, it has quietly and completely replaced Quik in my mind for RF market, and then for American futures. I runQuik only to upgrade it (no one cancelled backup - there were some ugly MT5 server crashes for RF market, but it is withinshit happens, though it were big ones). But omnipotent want to eliminate the magnifying glass from trading on a 4K monitor. To experience magnifierless trading inMT5 on 4K resolution - once and for all.

Yes, I don't have much of a choice, but the developer is fully in possession of all the options to implement font size selection in the program, which is why I turned to the developer. Not only Total Commander should be a good program, but so should Metatrader 5.

Документация по MQL5: Константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы объектов / Свойства объектов
Документация по MQL5: Константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы объектов / Свойства объектов
  • www.mql5.com
Все объекты, используемые в техническом анализе, имеют привязку на графиках по координатам цены и времени – трендовая линия, каналы, инструменты Фибоначчи и т.д.  Но есть ряд вспомогательных объектов, предназначенных для улучшения интерфейса, которые имеют привязку к видимой всегда части графика (основное окно графика или подокна индикаторов...

The following options could be suggested:

1. get a job at an MC company and promote interface change initiatives there

2. write his own version of MT with a modified interface

3. buy a 4k monitor 1.5-2 sizes bigger and then the small elements of the interface will be physically larger

4. Get a job at Microsoft and change the scaling algorithms of applications there

5. write your own operating system with better HiDPI support

6. try to scale as recommended before

Looked at the picture. What's wrong with it?

transcendreamer:

The following options could be suggested:

3. buy a 4k monitor 1.5-2 sizes bigger and then the small interface elements become physically larger

6. Try scaling as recommended earlier.

3. Buying a 4K monitor with a bigger diagonal won't solve the problem on the following grounds. As I described earlier, there is a minimum distance between your eyes and the monitor (resulting from the angle of human eye on character recognition, it's not big - you can find the picture on the internet (it's human eye specification, which cannot be changed)), less than that you have to twist your head left and right to cover the whole width of the screen. Half an hour can work like that, but not several hours. Try it for yourself: whatever your display diagonal, sit so close to your display that you have to swivel your head to work. After half an hour you will find yourself pushed back exactly to the distance where you don't have to twist your head (law of conservation of energy - why twist when you can't twist). So by replacing my 4K display from 43" to 55" I will have to move away from the display (from 1.4m to ~1.75-1.8m). As a result, the situation with the perception of small print will not change. Yes, I'm considering switching to a 55" display, but only to be able to stretch out in a full-length recliner in a horizontal position in front of the display.

6. As detailed above, scaling Windows is totally unacceptable because when scaling, the Windows operating system actually lowers the display output resolution:Windows specification: "... at a scale of 200% (2.0) one logical pixel (point) of the program interface is displayed as a square group of4 (2×2) identical pixels corresponding to the system resolution, and at a scale of 300% (3.0),9 pixels (3×3)".

Dmitry Fedoseev:
Looked at the picture. What's wrong with it?
It is described in detail in the posts above. In brief, from a distance of 1.4m a person cannot see0.98mm x 1.226mm symbols.These are the conditions on whichMetatrader 5offers to perceive information .

bigluck:

3. Buying a 4K monitor with a larger diagonal does not solve the problem on the following grounds. As I already described, there is a minimum distance between your eyes and the monitor (determined by the angle of view of the human eye on character recognition, it is small - you can find a picture on the internet (these are the specifications of the human eye, which cannot change)), below which you have to swivel your head left and right to cover the entire width of the screen. Half an hour can work like that, but not several hours. Try it for yourself: whatever your display diagonal, sit so close to your display that you have to swivel your head to work. After half an hour you will find yourself pushed back exactly to the distance where you don't have to twist your head (law of conservation of energy - why twist when you can't twist). So by replacing my 4K display from 43" to 55" I will have to move away from the display (from 1.4m to ~1.75-1.8m). As a result, the situation with the perception of small print will not change. Yes, I'm considering switching to a 55" display, but only to be able to stretch out in a full-length recliner in a horizontal position in front of the display.

6. As detailed above, scaling Windows is totally unacceptable because when scaling, the Windows operating system actually downscales the display output resolution:Windows specification : "... at a scale of 200% (2.0) one logical pixel (point) of the program interface is displayed as a square group of 4 (2×2) identical pixels corresponding to the system resolution, and at a scale of 300% (3.0), 9 pixels (3×3)".

I completely missed point 7: get a theatrical binoculars!

and seriously - why bother with 4k at all? it's more trouble than it's worth at this stage...

this chase for pixels is hard for me to comprehend if a single pixel is almost indistinguishable

although perhaps the point is to make the picture sharper - for some aesthetes - at the cost of reducing the size of the array

they even make laptops with 4K resolution - for whom?

for example for me even full HD on 15 inches is too small and i have to increase fonts to read comfortably

(it's not a problem on a bigger screen but on a laptop)

but you have a more complicated situation - you want to keep the size of the bars small and the fonts large

and right now I don't see a realistic way to do that.

so you either have to bother with this or rescale the whole picture

P.S. in theory there may be ways to change the DPI for the individual dialog boxes, but I do not know how to do it

P.P.S. You can also write your own bar for trading with the scale you want

transcendreamer:
...... You definitely want to keep the bar sizes small and the fonts large

and right now I don't see a realistic way of doing it

..... so either you have to suffer like this or scale up the whole picture

And seriously - why 4k at all? It's more trouble than it's worth at this stage...

You don't see the possibility, and the developer should be able to implement this option in a nutshell. That's why I went to them.

Scaling is totally unacceptable - it was described in detail above and again to you in the previous post. I suggest not repeating about scaling - I lost count of how many times you repeated about scaling.

why 4k at all? Because evolution and progress - everything gets better. Personally, why do I need - I've written before - to see the whole day in minutes at a time. My dopamine system is trained for that. In the first half of the day, of course, something happens, but the main action in the liquid unfolds with the opening of Chicago and you have to bet on which side the intradayers will be pinched. It's reasonable to see all their minutes at once.

bigluck:

You don't see an opportunity, and it's a one-two-three punch for a developer to realise that opportunity. That's why I addressed them.

Scaling is totally unacceptable - it was described in detail above and again to you in the previous post. I suggest no more repeating about scaling - I've lost count of how many times you've repeated about scaling.

why 4K at all? Because evolution and progress - everything gets better. Personally, why do I need - I've written before - to see the whole day in minutes at a time. My dopamine system is trained for that. There's certainly something in the morning, but the main action in the liquid unfolds with the opening of Chicago.

Maybe you should buy an 8K panel...