Product ranking in the Marketplace - page 3

EgorKim:

By reviews you say you need to raise products?)

Let's take two products from the same seller (remove links if you can)

https://www.mql5.com/ru/market/

https://www.mql5.com/ru/market/

Let's look at the reviews.

Does he paint his own reviews?

What makes you think that? Because two people have left reviews there and there? There are a lot of cases where people buy several products from one author. Some people even have crowds of fans, they buy everything they don't release)))

Сергей Таболин:

Well, if he has 5 accounts.... Well that's the SB's concern.

Not by reviews (they are to get the opinion of those who have used it), but by evaluation. And only the person who bought the product can evaluate it. Well this five-account guy isn't going to buy it from himself, is he? )))))

Why not?)) Charge a few hundred quid, you buy from yourself, the product is in the top, leave a review, lose 20% of the commission metaquotes and input / output. Further at least one geek will buy - all the costs paid off. I think that's what most authors from the first line of the top with 2K-3K advisors, which come out of nowhere in the front row.

Vasiliy Kolesov:

Why not?))) Charge a few hundred quid, you buy from yourself, the product is in the top, leave a review, lose 20% on commission metaquotes and input/output. Further at least one geek will buy - all the costs paid off. I think that's what most authors from the first row of the top with EAs for 2K-3K, which come out of nowhere in the front row.

And what prevents him from setting the price at $30, buy it for himself, leave a review and raise the price to $3000 ? The review stays.

Evgeniy Zhdan:

What's stopping him from setting the price at $30, buying from his place, leaving a review and jacking up the price to $3,000 ? The review stays.

there you go giving away all the marketing secrets ))))

ZS: I do not know, but the rating for the free version is added? - Then you can on the clicker market? - what the hell is it called, well, in general, to buy a clicker for a quid per task is not a problem at all ))))

And the conclusion? Let it be as it is?

Сергей Таболин:
So the conclusion? Let it be as it is?

I think so, let it work as it is.

The thing about any rating system is that it is always possible to make markups

Just as if we're talking about buyers, it's not realistic to assess the quality of products on a trading topic at all - as an example an indicator, what do you want from it? it's just a visualisation of historical data, but an indicator is neither a trading system nor a money/risk management system - nothing at all other than an indicator.

imho successful sellers are also needed, it is also a job, but users... Some want to take something from the showcase and not to think, there are those who will search for information about the author, good thing more than half of sellers can be found on the entire Runet using both the nickname and the e-mail address )))). - The buyer has his own interests, he is not forced to buy, is he?

It was hinted to me in a PM that one of the most important ranking parameters is conversions from external sites. Sounds logical, and apparently some older products have a lot of those conversions. But this is still a theory without confirmation.

As for how to rank products adequately: there's no need to reinvent the wheel. Big platforms like AppStore and Playmarket have already figured it out. You take several parameters (purchases, downloads, activity, scores, external jumps), normalize them into one value from 0 to 1 for example, multiply between each other with weighting coefficients and voila: ranking. Add there a simple neural network that controls the weight coefficients to maximize the profitability of the market and all. As the saying goes, all you need is a will. You can also take into account the totality of the author's products, rather than individually.

As for mark-ups: if the seller will mark up a bad product, he will pay Market money, and people will, sooner or later, lower that mark-up to the real thing. The system will protect itself. With the right approach, products with a credible history and a lot of activity over time will be in the tops: here, cheating simply loses economic sense

And hope the moderators will not give me a ban for this topic, I keep in objective criticism

Olga Miakhovich:

It was hinted to me in a PM that one of the most important ranking parameters is conversions from external sites. Sounds logical, and apparently some older products have a lot of those conversions. But this is still a theory without confirmation.

As for how to rank products adequately: there's no need to reinvent the wheel. Large marketplaces like AppStore and Playmarket have already figured it out. You take several parameters (purchases, downloads, activity, scores, external conversions), normalize them into one value from 0 to 1 for example, multiply between each other with weighting coefficients and voila: ranking. Add there a simple neural network that controls the weight coefficients to maximize the profitability of the market and all. As the saying goes, all you need is a will. You can also take into account the totality of the author's products, rather than individually.

As for mark-ups: if the seller will mark up a bad product, he will pay Market money, and people will, sooner or later, lower that mark-up to the real thing. The system will protect itself. With the right approach, products with a credible history and a lot of activity over time will be in the tops: here, cheating simply loses economic sense

And hope the moderators will not give me a ban for this topic, I keep in objective criticism

Beautiful and clever. Tough combination.

Evgeniy Zhdan:

What's stopping him from setting the price at $30, buying from his place, leaving a review and jacking up the price to $3,000 ? The review stays.

As I understand it, promotion in the rankings comes at the expense of sales, and not at the expense of quantity, but the amount ( how much revenue the metaquotes brought in ) . That is why a review is a review, but without a significant amount of money there is no way. This is the reason why robots are worth several thousand dollars each at the top. One sale at $2000 and 20 at $30 - the former will be higher.

3,4,5 sales in 4-7 days lifts the product up,

lack of sales brings it down.

Transfers from external sites do not raise much and in general I doubt that I raise.

Contextual advertising does not give much effect, you help the service, but not yourself.

I have made sales, outside the service, sales are better than through the service.

ZS: advertised free products, the number of downloads did not increase by much, but the budget is eaten up.
Reason: