Points VS Pips - page 69

My understanding is that for pips codes it is not valid, it is not there and will not be. For everything else it has the right to exist, especially since the term predates MQ

Aleksandr Klapatyuk:

the programmer gave youTake Profit (in pips) in the Expert Advisor

You need to understand what (in pips) is. If you don't understand it, you lose.

Before you can understand what the programmer meant, you must first understand how the programmer himself understands this pips )))))))

This is the forum for trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

What do you mean by the term "pips"? At a five digit quote.

Sergey Tabolin, 2019.09.23 21:29

• A pips is the 4th digit of a quote. (1 pips = 10 pips)
  • A pip is the 5th digit of a quote. (1 pip = 1 pip)
  • pips is the 5th digit of a quote, while pips is the 4th digit of a quote. (1 pip = 0.1 pip)
  • pip is a percentage point and is not directly related to a specific quote digit.
  • pips is a contrived and superfluous term.
  • don't know. haven't figured it out.

Pompous amateurs, when are you going to stop farting around? You're up to your ears in shit!

We're witnessing a marvellous phenomenon right now: all fan-fingered, all lofty... no time for our dark woods...

He chewed off something about "when will you learn to count the cost of a point"... ...but he's been in two consecutive fights with the point value calculation.

A pompous, pompous, pathetic disgrace!

Сергей Таболин:

Before you can understand what the programmer meant, you must first understand how the programmer himself understands the pips )))))))

do you use experts ?

do you have a real account?

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Amateur pompous amateurs, when are you going to stop farting around here?

We are witnessing a marvellous phenomenon right now: such fan-fingers, such an exalted figure... no time for our dark forest...

He's chewing on that "when are you going to learn to count the cost of a point" thing... But he's been in deep shit twice in a row with the point value calculation.

The calculation is simple lot*0.0001/1

Vladimir Baskakov:
The calculation is simple lot*0.0001/1

Well, there's another smart guy with his thumbs up and his nose in shit right now

Pipsing is theslang name for one of the strategies for intraday speculation in the stock, currency, commodity markets,
the feature of which is to close a trade when a small profit of a few
pips("pips") is achieved.

In other words take a few pips, or ticks.

Roman:

пипсовка — сленговое название одной из стратегий  внутридневных спекулятивных операций на  фондовом валютном товарном рынках,
особенностью которой является закрытие сделки при достижении небольшой прибыли в несколько 
пунктов («пипсов»).

Другими словами взять пару пипсов, или тиков.

Aleksandr Klapatyuk
:

do you use experts?

And have you even noticed that the proponents of pips disagree dramatically on what a pip is?

And my use/non-use of pips has nothing to do with the question.

But Roman will be firmly convinced that 50 pips is 5 points. Although he does not see the word "pips", but pips in brackets, and even in quotes, is a real pain in his eyes )))

Aleksandr Klapatyuk:

the programmer gave youTake Profit (in pips) in the Expert Advisor

You have to understand what (in pips) is. If you don't understand it, you lose.

The guy orders an Expert Advisor and says:
- Please make me enter 50 pips in the settings, but multiply it by 10 if it's a five-digit - because I'm used to a four-digit and I don't feel comfortable entering values ten times bigger - let it be like a four-digit.

The answer is:
- no problem, but you will lose ten times the accuracy.
He said:
- Fine, but at least it's convenient.

Done. Then he writes back:
- Why didn't I close my position on the candle's high? I estimated that it should close, but he put my take higher.
I told him:
- Well, it didn't get a few pips - you've agreed to a tenfold loss of accuracy.

The programmer started to complain that I had lost something.

So, for those who want to use values the old-fashioned way instead of entering the exact number of points, your examples contain the multiplication by ten, which is short-sightedness.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Well, there's another smart guy with his thumbs up and his nose in shit right now

What's up?
Reason: