Points VS Pips - page 6

Dmitry Fedoseev:

The question immediately arises, how old is it and how new is it? And when was it old and when was it new? Before the flood, or some other event.

Easier and clearer 0.0001 is a point on 4-digit quotes, 0.00001 is a point on five-digit quotes.

A fifth digit cannot be a point.

Vladimir Baskakov:
The fifth digit cannot be a point.

Why should I? Why would I do that?

In five-digit quotes, the fifth digit is the point.

Aleksei Stepanenko:

Apparently 0.0001 was before 0.00001

What about USDJPY?

Nah, I'm not agitating you, that's what I think for myself. You think for yourself :)

So be it - clarify for Yen characters for those in the tank.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Why should I? Why would I do that?

In five-digit quotes, the fifth digit is the point.

We'll take a 0.1 lot. If we change the fourth point, we will earn one dollar. That's 100 pips-$100 profit.
And if the fifth digit changes, we make $0.1.

Vladimir Baskakov:
We'll take a 0.1 lot. If we change the fourth point, we earn a dollar, right? We get 100 pips-$100 profit.
And if the fifth digit changes, we make $0.1

So what?

Документация по MQL5: Константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте
Документация по MQL5: Константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте
  • www.mql5.com
Для получения текущей рыночной информации служат функции SymbolInfoInteger(), SymbolInfoDouble() и SymbolInfoString(). В качестве второго параметра этих функций допустимо передавать один из идентификаторов из перечислений ENUM_SYMBOL_INFO_INTEGER, ENUM_SYMBOL_INFO_DOUBLE и ENUM_SYMBOL_INFO_STRING соответственно. Некоторые символы (как...

Asked Yandex what a pip is and found?

Слово пипс  (pips), которое используется в терминологии рынка форекс, и которое часто можно слышать в разговорах между трейдерами, является аббревиатурой от английского словосочетания "Percentage in point" (рус. процентный пункт). Давайте разберемся, что же означает это слово в контексте рынка форекс. Сразу отметим, что по другому его еще называют пунктом (point).

Dmitry Fedoseev:

So what?

So what if the 5th mark is a penny. Look at the statistics in any Signals

15 years ago brokers only had 4-digit accounts and only after 2008 many started to offer 5-digit accounts under the pretext of convenience.

Since then the term to distinguish standard pips from non-standard pips has started to appear.

But unfortunately many trading and programming gurus call things by different names and thus teach others complete nonsense...

Read resources that are more than 10 - 15 years old and you will understand everything, but it's not easy to admit your own mistakes....

Vladimir Baskakov:
From the fact that the 5th digit is a penny. Look at the statistics in any Signals

So what if it's pennies? It depends on the lot. One five-digit point with lot 1 = 1 quid. Perfect.

And this is where I have to start proving that a 5-digit pip is even a benchmark)) The universal yardstick and even the denominator of universal harmony)))

Reason: