Development plans for the MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester - page 16

Artyom Trishkin:
It was previously promised that it would be. What's changed?

Probably the internet connection from the tester.

Alexey Viktorov:

Probably the internet connection from the tester.

Why would there be an internet connection when the database is already loaded?

Artyom Trishkin:
What's the point of having an internet connection when the base is already loaded?

I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm also guessing that a lot of problems came up, so they didn't have to ask, "When are we gonna get..." they announced it wasn't going to happen. They will in a few years.

Although, it's uploaded to the terminal, not the tester. And if you make a connection between the tester and the terminal, it will open access to the sites which are allowed in the terminal. Even though MT4 says that internet connections are not available in the tester, but still there is....

Gentlemen developers! Please make TesterPause() function to pause the visual tester. Let it at least press the pause button, and better to be able to restart it programmatically, for example with function TesterResume()

dsfx:
Gentlemen developers! Please make a TesterPause() function to pause the visual tester. Let it at least press the pause button, or better yet, let it be resumed programmatically, for example with function TesterResume()

What's wrong with DebugBreak?

Alexey Viktorov:

What's wrong with DebugBreak?

Probably because debug mode and test mode are not the same thing.

Aleksey Mavrin:

Probably because debug mode and test mode are not the same thing.

dsfx:
Gentlemen, developers! Please make TesterPause() function to pause the visual tester. Let it at least press the pause button, or better yet, let it be possible to restart it programmatically, for example with TesterResume().

DebugBreak is very suitable for visual testing because in both cases it is visual testing. Debugging differs from visual testing precisely because you can stop the process.

Alexey Viktorov:

For visual testing DebugBreak is very suitable because in both cases it is visual testing. Debugging is different from visual testing precisely because you can stop the process.

I hear you, that's right. It's just that I'm looking at the request in depth and breadth, what might it be for? To stop in visual testing mode at the moment of the transaction and display some information, it might also be useful for the client's visibility. And if it's purely for development and debugging, then yes, it's redundant, the existingDebugBreak is enough.

Aleksey Mavrin:

in the visual testing mode, stop at the moment of the transaction and display some information, it may be useful for the client to see.

I do not understand the scenario. Why would the developer put an Expert Advisor in the Market that suspends it in a certain situation in the Visualizer?

fxsaber:

I don't understand the script. Why would the developer put an EA in the Market that suspends it in the Visualiser in a certain situation?

Eh, how to explain. Have you seen videos on YouTube that talk about the strategies? And here you are making a presentation video in the tester, on the client's story, so that he could see how cool it all works.

If you do not want to bother him with clicking on the pause, the EA pauses for a couple of seconds and shows everything you need, isn't that convenient?

Reason: