I want to build a PC to work with MT5, what do you advise and why? - page 40

Yuriy Zaytsev #:

At work we have to deal with virtualisations - you need memory in addition to the processor

--

CPU-wise

5700x 8 cores 16 threads = about 20 thousand rubles

5950X 16 cores 32 threads = about 40 thousand rubles

memory in MQL does not affect at all, I checked 3200 and 3800 difference in test time, at the level of error.

Yuriy Zaytsev #:

At work we have to deal with virtualisations - besides the processor we need memory. Now with 12 gigs ozu is not enough.

--

processor-wise

5700x 8 cores 16 threads = about 20 thousand rubles

5950X 16 cores 32 threads = about 40 thousand rubles

15tr

lynxntech #:

memory in MQL has no effect at all, I checked 3200 and 3800, the difference in test time is at the level of error.

For MQL probably yes, but I need not only for MQL, 3200 / 3800 is the frequency of the chip? I think it is not essential.

I'm talking about capacity, 32 is definitely not enough, 64 would be fine, 128 would be just right for my needs.

Yuriy Zaytsev #:

For MQL probably yes, but I need not only for MQL, 3200 / 3800 is the frequency of the chip? I think it is not essential.

I'm talking about capacity, 32 is definitely not enough, 64 would be fine, 128 would be just right for my needs.

2gb is not in all cases, you can't go wrong with 4gb.

lynxntech #:

15tr

AMD Ryzen 9 3950X R9 3950X = found already for 31tr, possibly second-hand.

lynxntech #:

2gb is not in all cases, you can't lose.

what do you mean?

Yuriy Zaytsev #:

What do you mean?

For memory, 2gb is not enough, a core 4 will be enough.

I have a robot, it consumes more than 2gb for 1 thread.

lynxntech #:

for memory, 2gb is not enough, 4 is fine.

:)))

p.s.

well, when starting a virtual with SQL server - which unfortunate 64 ggb is a cramped and offensive and even in the cache not to plant a couple of not the largest tables - then for decent performance and 128 ggb is not so much.

lynxntech #:

for memory, 2gb is not enough, for a core 4 will definitely suffice

I have a robot, it uses more than 2gb for 1 thread.

That's how it is, then it's clearer.

In my case 32( threads) * 4 just = 128.

Yuri, if you set aside the price altogether, why the choice towards Risen and not Xeon ?
Reason: