What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions) - page 14

Олег avtomat:

What's wrong with MT4?

When I saw that there was an MQL5 with OOP, I started making a robot for MT5 at once, and when I got an opportunity to test it on real ticks I was able to develop robots that show ~90% of the same result as on the real account.

Not counting the multicurrency and testing in clowd. I don't think we need to go on, so much is enough.

And hinders with the fact that many brokers don't switch to MT5, even some don't provide a netting type account on MT5.

And there's also a large mass of them trading on MT4, and not buying products for MT5.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

When I saw that MQL5 with OOP was available, I immediately started making a robot for MT5, and when I got the opportunity to test it on real ticks I was able to develop robots that show ~90% the same result as on the real account.

Not counting the multicurrency and testing in clowd. I don't think we need to go on, so much is enough.

And hinders with the fact that many brokers don't switch to MT5, even some don't provide a netting type account on MT5.

And there's also a large mass of them trading on MT4, and not buying products for MT5.

And so you're willing to promote your mercantile interests at any cost. Even at the cost of shitting on MT4, precisely because the majority of users prefer MT4.

People are conservative by nature. Once they get used to something, they don't really want to change it, especially if everything suits them. The archaic Quick is nevertheless widely used compared to MT, because it's familiar, the same is true for the Quartet. Besides, I think that 90 % of traders are far away from programming and all coders stuff is basically bullshit for them.

Now the number of Fours users is about three times more than that of Fives, and I think even in 10 years time the number of Fours terminals will be at best equal to Fours. Unless of course the meta-quotes resort to voluntarism, which is unlikely, the market is tough - the competitors will create something very similar to the four and people will be drawn to the familiar.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

When I saw that there was an MQL5 with OOP, I immediately started making a robot for MT5, and when I got the opportunity to test it on real ticks I was able to develop robots that show ~90% the same result as on the real account.

What interested me was the ability to test on real ticks. Where is the tick history stored on your computer? If it exists, do you have any idea how large a disk volume it should occupy? As far as I remember, the history is stored in minutes. Maybe I missed something.)

There is no real tick history. There is the generation of ticks from minute bars that are stored on the computer.

Not to see such simple things is unforgivable for such honored coders. You may bang your head against the wall but you cannot prove real ticks.

And testing looks more real because of the new approach to modelling.

Олег avtomat:

And so you are prepared to promote your mercantile interests at any cost. Even at the cost of shitting on MT4, precisely because the majority of users prefer MT4.

Who says MT4 has to be thrown out? And what will happen to those who bought different MT4 products and many more have signals with great histories.

You have to think about them too.

We should make a special emulator for MT4, so all these programs, including ex4 files, would work on MT5 (without activation losses). Also, the accounts that were opened for MT4, would be available from MT5, without losing their trading history.

We should make a smooth transition, like we did with DOS to Windows 95.

But we also have to remember who we are and where we live. We have not yet fully emerged from the ruins of the Soviet Union.

Many people understand all this and it is very easy to talk about it. We must also take into account the fact that many young, capable developers are going abroad to work. And it is not so easy to implement all this.

To promote MT5 you need to encourage use in the stock markets. And how can you use it, if the exchange volumes are not even counted correctly! )) For example the forum thread "https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/301549". I myself use Ninziatrader on the stock markets. I have a lot to compare it with.
подсчет реального объема по фьючерсам
подсчет реального объема по фьючерсам
  • www.mql5.com
Привет всем! Открыт демосчет в *** Написал небольшой индюк для подсчета реального объема торговли на фьючерсах (евродоллар, нефть, золото, и др...

Uladzimir Izerski:

I am interested in being able to test on real ticks. Where is the tick history stored on your computer? If there is one, do you have any idea how much disk space it should take up? As far as I remember, the history is stored in minutes. Maybe I missed something.)

There is no real tick history. There is the generation of ticks from minute bars that are stored on the computer.

Not to see such simple things is unforgivable for such honored coders. You may beat your head against the wall but you will not prove the real ticks.

And testing looks more real because of the new approach to modelling.

This is just ridiculous. For more than three years now, only MT5 has been able to test on real ticks, those that MT5 gets on a real account.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

This is just ridiculous. For more than three years now, only MT5 has been able to test on real ticks, the ones that MT5 gets on a real account.

If there was a tick history stored, there would be a corresponding "ticks" period. And there isn't one, although everyone is asking for it to be done. It's not that simple.

Uladzimir Izerski:

If a ticky-ticky history was stored, there would be a corresponding 'ticky-ticky' period. And there isn't one, even though everyone is asking for one. It's not that simple.

How not simple, if it already is, is the mode: "Every tick based on real ticks".

Have you come from the Stone Age? Can't you find it?

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

How not easy, if it already is, is the mode: "Every tick based on real ticks".

Have you come from the stone age? Can't you find it?

These are the ticks provided by the broker. I looked at them in visual mode: at a depth of a couple of years at the most popular brokers in Russia, they are auto-generated according to several features (for example, they have a fixed spread of 50 pips).

Reason: