My approach. The core is the engine. - page 147

In general, the problem is almost solved.

1. We need each copy of the EA to create two resources of its own - one to write messages to the engine, the other to read messages from the engine.
  2. The engine needs to loop through the resources to see how many copies of the EA are running on different pairs.
  3. The engine will create a dynamic list of running EAs, through which the user will switch connections.
  4. Next, the Engine will record the names of the resources for messaging and for receiving messages from EAs.

1. Each EA will run normally, and write their messages to the engine in the usual way. The engine will only read these messages when connected to that EA.
  2. The engine will send a command to the EA on the connection event, and the engine will write an individual paramer kernel to the resource.
  3. The engine will load this kernel. Next, it will loop through the GUI elements and redraw them so they carry up-to-date information.
  4. After this, the engine will write its messages to the EA in its resource to receive messages.

At the moment, all EAs access the engine through one common resource. The goal is that each advisor has an individual resource to communicate with the engine. And the engine would be able to reconnect resources for different EAs.

I'm confused by the fact that, say, five advisors will transmit the full volume of work packages if the engine is running with a sixth. The other five should be banned from transmitting work information for the time being. Let them just "listen to the airwaves".

Oleg Papkov:
I'm confused by the fact that, let's say 5 EAs will be transmitting the full amount of work packages if the engine is running with a sixth. The other five should be banned from transmitting work information for the time being. Let them just "listen to the airwaves".

I agree. This makes sense.

So they will work normally, but they will not write messages to the resource. Only to a copy of the parameter kernel. And when connected, will write the parameter kernel to the resource and the Engine will load it. Once connected, the Expert Advisor will start writing messages for the Engine to the message resource.

The question is about the connection.

The engine exposes a small string address to all EAs. The kernel in the EA with the same recognition address is recalled and the standard engine-advisor operation starts automatically. When the engine switches to another EA, the engine switches the kernel of the EA it was working with to the address waiting state, just like the other EAs at that moment. At this point, all of the EAs are disconnected and the engine is waiting for the other address of the EA the engine needs.

The kernel of the new EA responds and enters the state of standard operation. The next time the engine continues to send the finish line and the state of waiting is not changed. In addition to the standard exchange, the Expert Advisor has to analyze a flow to check if the end of work line appears in it. At the beginning of exchange packets there must be a string, indicating to whom a packet is addressed from the engine. That kernel receives control packet and starts to send packets of its state with specified frequency.

The others wait for them to be addressed through a unique identification string for each EA. When switching, the engine sends the current EA an end-of-life string. The EA stops sending anything and enters the state of recognising its own recognition string which is at the same time the start of the standard work of exchange with the engine.

Oleg Papkov:

The question is about the connection.

The engine exposes a small string address to all EAs. The kernel in the EA with the same recognition address is recalled and the standard engine-advisor operation starts automatically. When the engine switches to another EA, the engine switches the kernel of the EA it was working with to the address waiting state, just like the other EAs at that moment. At this point, all of the EAs are disconnected and the engine is waiting for the other address of the EA the engine needs.

The kernel of the new EA responds and enters the state of standard operation. The next time the engine continues to send the finish line and the state of waiting is not changed. In addition to the standard exchange, the Expert Advisor has to analyze a flow to check if the end of work line appears in it. At the beginning of exchange packets there must be a string, indicating to whom a packet is addressed from the engine. That kernel receives control packet and starts to send packets of its state with specified frequency.

The others wait for them to be addressed through a unique identification string for each EA. When switching, the engine sends the current EA an end-of-life string. The EA stops sending anything and enters the state of recognising its own recognition string which is at the same time the start of the standard work of exchange with the engine.

The resources are somewhat simpler. You don't need an address, just a resource name. You have a more complicated model. It's simpler.

The core is simply an array of values. Each Expert Advisor will write in it the values of parameters of its GUI elements. When necessary, EAs will save a copy of the kernel parameters to the resource and the engine will read it and redraw the GUI.

In principle, this is a simple task, but there are many little nuances. For example, messages about starting and stopping communication with the EA. We just need to think of the format.

By the way, I have managed to speed up the communication and decrease the slowness. However, I have not yet figured out the reason. It occurs during redrawing, but the strange thing is that the redrawing itself is not braking. But redrawing when communicating with the resource is slowing down. The reason for this is not yet clear.

Put in some kind of time-cost monitoring. So you can see where it's slowing down. And how to get around it.

Maybe I made it a little complicated. I don't know how it's organized inside your engine. I was just using logic.

Oleg Papkov:

Put in some kind of time-cost monitoring. So you can see where it's slowing down. And how to get around it.

Maybe I made it a little complicated. I don't know how it's organized inside your engine. I was just using logic.

Logic got you closer to the point, and in general, you understand correctly.

Today I will try to get to the bottom of the causes of braking. The following is clear - redrawing itself is not slowing down. Writing and reading of the resource is not slow either. But together we get slowness.

There is monitoring, which operation lasts how long? They have to be performed sequentially. In the EA, they, taking data and sending it to the engine are performed at a frequency of, say, 30ms. When a thread is sent to the engine, is it ready to receive? Or what does it do?

Oleg Papkov:
There is monitoring, which operation takes how long? They should be performed sequentially. The Expert Advisor performs them, capturing data and sending it to the engine at a frequency of, say, 30 ms. When a thread is sent to the engine, is it ready to receive? Or what does it do?

Checking everything now.

The engine at 30ms reads the message resource from the EA, and the EA, at the same frequency, reads the message resource from the engine. On the same frequency, they both write their messages to each other (if there is anything to write). All this does not cause any slowdowns. Also, redrawing itself, does not cause braking.

However, the slowdown appears if there is a combination of redrawing and writing/reading the resource on the Engine side. Cause for this is not yet clear. Figuring it out.

Реter Konow:

Checking everything now.

The engine at 30ms reads the message resource from the EA, and the EA, at the same frequency, reads the message resource from the engine. On the same frequency, they both write their messages to each other (if there is anything to write). All this does not cause any slowdowns. Also, redrawing itself, does not cause braking.

However, the slowdown appears if there is a combination of redrawing and writing/reading the resource on the Engine side. Cause for this is not yet clear. Checking it out.

Maybe a mismatch: EA and engine, 1 - both send to each other, 2 - both receive, their OnTimer cycles are not synchronized. Waiting for the moment of random synchronization to work normally. Could this be the reason?

Reason: