Strategy Tester - MT4

I use the Strategy Tester, Expert properties ->> Initial deposit, but I'm not for it to work, I do not know why, maybe I do not know or misunderstand it.

I want: place an order for a virtual account, while using Strategy Tester.

just placed orders to buy or sell, and see profits and losses.

help me, and Thanks for all reply
i sorry, I speak English not good, so search on google is limited

banbebinh:
I use the Strategy Tester, Expert properties ->> Initial deposit, but I'm not for it to work, I do not know why, maybe I do not know or misunderstand it.

Should work just as you've stated.

banbebinh:
I want: place an order for a virtual account, while using Strategy Tester.

just placed orders to buy or sell, and see profits and losses.

I'm confused. Are you trying to manually place trades or are you letting the expert place all of them for you?

If you are not getting automated orders, it could be a problem with your expert advisor. Perhaps posting your OrderSend() code or the entire EA might help

Put a check mark in the "Visual mode" box in strategy tester

JPS:

I'm confused. Are you trying to manually place trades or are you letting the expert place all of them for you?

If you are not getting automated orders, it could be a problem with your expert advisor. Perhaps posting your OrderSend() code or the entire EA might help

yes, i trying manually place trades.

1005phillip:

Put a check mark in the "Visual mode" box in strategy tester

it just makes fast or slow speed

banbebinh:
it just makes fast or slow speed
Visual just give you a visual chart. Speed is controlled by slider next to it and the pause button.

WHRoeder:
Visual just give you a visual chart. Speed is controlled by slider next to it and the pause button.
all right, so how do I want to place an order by hand in the Strategy Tester

banbebinh, I too would like to know how this is accomplished.

In Strategy Tester, I start the chart scrolling and then try to place an order manually so that I can see how my trailing stop EA works. The only thing that happens when I push the Buy or Sell button is a notice saying, "Off quotes".

Does anyone know how to place a manual order in the MT4 Strategy Tester?

Thank you.

Strategy tester is not meant for manual order placement, it's for testing EAs. What you're looking for is forward testing. Google it. Also google Vhands and check this.

I haven't tested the program that's in the link, but if it does what it's said to be doing, then it's what you're looking for.

Reason: